Why are these called trucks in America? Is it autism?

Why are these called trucks in America? Is it autism?

Do you call your women trucks? Because Lorry is only a woman's name in civilized countries.

This is a truck

>australians call their trucks My Loo

That's a ute m8

here, those are called truckettes

THIS is the only viable answer

That's the joke, dummy.

That's a cargo truck bud

No it's just a truck, nothing else can be called a truck

t. truck expert

>nuuh uuuh that's a semi I mean cargo truck I mean 18 wheeler I mean tractor-trailer I mean big rig

OP's is a Pick-Up truck m8.

Doesn't mean you're wrong about normal trucks.

Including truck in the name is a shit meme

>yfw the American government gives an easier pass to SUVs and pickup trucks on crash safety and emissions and pretty much forces people to buy pickup trucks to tow anything whatsoever so that Detroit can continue churning out shitbuckets and not completely go under after they've already lost their passenger car monopoly through their own laziness and cheapness

How does it pick things up tho?

>ute
fuck off with your special snowflake terminology that no one outside Ausgaylia use

it's a pickup

>inb4 UUUUUTTTEEEE

>"A truck is a motor vehicle designed to transport cargo. Trucks vary greatly in size, power, and configuration, with the smallest being mechanically similar to an automobile."
Because it is a truck.

Well, it does some of the stuff that a normal truck would do. That's why the Pick Up.

Goes kinda in this order.

>Pick Up (or Ute)
>Truck
>Lorry

Magic.

>yfw this german autist is still butthurt VW got caught cheating on their emissions tests

Why do you call your friends mates.

In nature, a partner in copulation and procreation is a mate.

Are y'all really faggots?

F A I L U R E _ P R O N E _ G E R M A N _ A U T O M O B I L E

U T E
T
E

Nobody even gives a shit about emissions in the US. Roughly half the population could go out, buy a car and rip the catalytic converter straight out with no consequences whatsoever because their cars will NEVER get checked for emissions. Then you have thousands of coal rolling morons shitting up the air just because they can. Huge SUVs and pickup trucks produce more emissions than a small passenger car in the first place. And apparently driving less to begin with to produce fewer emissions isn't an option for you because muh right to drive everywhere and muh city planning designed around driving so you can continue practicing wealth segregation. The entire VW emissions "scandal" is an exercise in hypocrisy and domestic protectionism.

This Americentric definition is very problematic

Would you care to find any other definition?

A truck is this and bigger versions of this
Much better

Yeah and ironically VW even gave huge compensations in cash to American customers but Europeans only got free repair or some shit like that. German car industry is cucked for McMuricans.

>German car industry is cucked for McMuricans.
We were the ones who got imports for cars younger than 25 years old banned in the US. Of course they like to blame us instead of their lobby happy gubmint. :^)

DO A SKID YULEH

But can you find me a non "Americentric" definition?

The point isn't that pickup trucks aren't trucks because they are, it's that you can't call a pickup truck just a truck because there are many other kinds of trucks. You're not saying "I eat a berry" either when you're eating a blueberry even though it's a berry, because it's far too unspecific.

I can call a truck a truck regardless of what kind of truck it is because I have the freedom to do that.

I'm sorry you guys have such strict language laws in the third world.

Don't apologize for their autism.

I'm sorry you guys still haven't figured out efficient communication.

We have, that's why we don't waste time with unnecessary qualifiers when everyone just understands that a truck is a truck.

Efficient communication lies within context.

"John just bought a Ford F-150" defaults to "John just bought a truck"

"We're going to need a truck to help move", for example, is where it gets complicated, to which end they ask "just a pickup or a larger truck" 9/10 times its someone referring to a pickup truck, so it's pretty much a non-issue

What makes more sense?
Pick-up truck to refer to a vehicle that's no bigger than an ordinary passenger vehicle much less an vehicle an ordinary man would understand as a truck
or
>ute, short for utility, referring to a vehicle with a number of different utilities, such as carrying around tradie's tools, moving furniture or doing skids

that's not a truck

that's a truck

thats not a truck

Why is the country further north the one named after south?

A truck is a truck, no matter how big or small.

Just like how you're considered a country.

The point is that in normal countries you'd say "John just bought a pick-up". If the hear "John just bought a truck", they'd imagine he bought a Scania, not a Ford F-150.