ITT: Countries that are mysterious

ITT: Countries that are mysterious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=If3SXJeZzMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What mysterious about a future Muslim colony?

designated terrorist country

>future

What's mysterious about France, Netherlands, France or Luxembourg?

I thought that was an african country before browsing Sup Forums

>countries
>Belgium

This, anyone knows how to get visa?

Belgium territories should belong to France.

kill yourself

Since when does Sup Forums have non-country flags?

Fucking learn English, Nigel.

Fucking hate these random deletions of posts. The staff can eat my shit

youtube.com/watch?v=If3SXJeZzMQ

Quite the opposite in fact. We've made you, we changed the name of your country Gaul (cucked by the Romans for over 500 years) to the name of its leading aristocracy, the ancestors of modern Belgians.

Also give us back Waals-Vlaanderen, Picardië and Artesiê. And Boergondië too, just like a Bourguignon told me when I was there (and I told him I was born in Bruges): "do you know that you are more Burgundian then us?".

WE

Someone red-pill me on this place

Fuck Belgium, I will destroy it

WUZ

one of the 3 countries that invaded us in the first 'Red Dawn' movie

MENAPII
BELGAE
SALIAN FRANKS
MEROVINGIANS

KAROLINGIANS
AUSTRASIANS
SOUTHERN NETHERLANDS
BURGUNDIANS
BRAVEST OF ALL GAULS

i unironically shed a tear

What is so great about Asterix is its historical accuracy. You can see in these examples that is exactly how a Frenchman (litterally meaning "cucked by Franks") would react when confronted with the superiority of a neighbouring people.

Also, the concept of "Gauls who never have been conquered" comes directly from the Menapians, the ancestors of modern coastal Flemings (actual county of Flanders, not the modern so-called Flemish community which includes Brabant and Limburg, we were so superior they named themselves after us again). Caesar needed an extra campaign just to subdue the Menapians, and he never succeeded in it.

The Menapii were thus the only tribe in the three Gauls who never sent negotiators and hostages to Caesar in Rome.

Later, in the 3rd-5th centuries, our neighbours to the north, the Batavians (ancient Dutch) opened their assholes wide not only for the Romans but they even adopted the Gaulish language! Imagine that, they were a Germanic tribe who split off from the Chatti (Hessen region in NW Germany) because they were Romanboos, settled between Rhine and Maas shores, today Betuwe (hence the name, derived from Batavi, also their main settlement is now called Katwijk - from Chat + dutch name for settlement) and 3-4 centuries after the demise of independent Gaul they adopted the language of the Belgae to the south.

The Menapii kept to themselves, traded a bit with their neighbours (probably why the Batavi adopted the Menapian language), and mainly fared the seas planting colonies in Ireland, Isle of Man, Anglesey, Welsh coast, and part of Scotland. This is today still held in memory, by the many toponyms referring to their name (pic related).

Yep, a lot of history in these parts.

WTF I HATE NETHERLANDS NOW !

wishful thinking
it will never happen

I forgot to mention that Menapian pork meat products were renowned in every part of the Roman Empire, and so were Menapian textile products, wool and linen, which, surprise surprise, would be precisely the same product where Flanders acquired world fame for a few centuries later.

Haplomemes also confirm that since the demise of the Huns there has been very few input of foreign DNA here, that makes that the natives here are essentially the same around the 5-6th century.

Feels good to be one of the purest people in Europe.