//ÉIRE///An Ghaeilge//

Tell me what you think of Dublin? Ed.

Inis dom cad a cheapann sibh faoi mBaile Átha Cliath? Ea.

>Dublin

Sin í an contae is fearr sa tír, i mo thuairim.

nice city t b h
I only actually went as a child, but I watched love hate recently and it looks like good craic

REALLY want to do pills with and snog pic related

Dublin was nice. A bit too crowded for me though, and I didn't enjoy it too much since I was too shy to go to bars/clubs alone. Next time I'll bring friends.
(Was realy sad to see so many Rainbow flags and not meet one single Irish qt to talk with too.)

I really liked Galway and Tullamore. People were nicer, it was less cloudy, and the landscapes were absolutely great. Next time I will focus on the West rather than Dublin.

You made me want Irish to the list of languages I wish I knew lads.

(If you wonder why I had a French flag before, it's because of mobile data.)

>got an b1 in irish in my leaving but basically can't speak a word of it
feels bad lads

Gnáthlebheil?

>Ireland

what's an ire

Higher

So ardleibheal

>tfw no average irish gf

I just want someone to hold.

dublin are gonna fuckin hoke kerry here

COYBIB

Kerry ftw

good lad, stay out of Dublin next time. absolute kip.

isn't that the case with most foreign languages, t. b2 German but can't even form a sentence

No,
It's the leaving cert grading system.
A1
A2
B1
B2
B3
C1
C2
.Etc

its mad how much more athletic dublin are than every other side

so much pace through the team

this match is pretty irrelevant we all know who has it won

We all do user...

anyone else spot that qt before half time

Brian you still owe me nigga

new

So who won lads?

>Mayo

>when someone makes fun of Dublin

I failed pass irish in my leaving cert even though I got 450 points haha

>average
you may be disappointed

Will Kilkenny lose the hurling final for once m8s

Shite buzz, do any of your cao choices require Irish?

>kerry manager confirming early 20th century anglo racial science

haha i've always liked this picture

im pretty sure almost all courses require irish to be passed

yeah all them did except for #10
I was cruising into UCD but I ended up in DIT
dont really mind though since my course is ok and im going into 3rd year now

I know a lad who looks like the left
Always did think he looked like a monkey

nope

Dublin tries to be London jnr and wishes it was London but it won't admit it
>WEZ R OWEN TING
Fuck off Dubs

rings extremely true

Ye probably not. Wonder if any of the local irish pubs are going to be open early to show the game. Never watched a match on anything but youtube desu

probably will yeah, where you live?

What year were you born in again?

Atlanta.

>again
have i ever mentioned it?
youre VERY presumptuous

dunno if theres much of an expat community there but id expect youll probably get one thats open

Ya did, wasn't it 1996? I was to

no ive never mentioned it
>dunno if theres much of an expat community
theres absolutely no irish born in this country anymore.

I play with the hurling club here and there's a handful of them at least. Nothing like nyc or boston though

i didnt mean muh heritage

i said expat you mongo

Your man actually got held back in American education

Time to abandon thread again. It was a decent few hours.

just looked it up
theres 145k irish in this country of 300 million
mostly in bigger cities hardly atlanta i imagine
cool beans

MODS!!! your man is conformed for under aged! He's being evasive about the year of his birth, if he was actually over 18, he would of said it by now. Pls ban him
M O D S ! MODS! MODULATORS OF THIS BOARD!

i have no obligation to share any information regarding myself with you

>YFW your man is finally banned for being 12 years old

yes how can anyone refute the clear cut evidence of "he doesnt want to share it with me"

Why are so private about your age? You've told us a fuck ton of shit about yourself but knowing what year you were born in is TMI? You can even so easily lie and say you're 18 but no, you're avoiding it cause you're autistic and can't lie on an anonymous image board about Mongolian paper machés but be private about the year of your birth. Also you talk about school, living at home and always post from a phone. That screams I was born in 1999

ive said my age before
if you know subtraction im sure you can figure it out close enough
i dont have to give details to you

Spoken like a true baby
MODs, pls ban this infant until 2024

your precious mods wont help you here kid

Why does Gaelige looks so consonant heavy lads

Can someone post another Swiss-American Picture?

He's a phoneposter, even if he's banned he can get a new IP in a minute. Banning the name would just make him change it or give it up and I don't think you can store bancookies on a phone. If it's any consolation he'll be posting less now that he's back at school, we could also only have /éire/ when it's night in Chicago, making him either stop posting here or keep him awake all night. Considering his tremendous attentionwhoringfaggotry he's likely to stay up, which means he won't get his homework done and will be knackered the next day in school. He'll either leave /éire/ or ruin his life. Both are good outcomes.

now thats obsessed

A lot of letters go soft when there's a h put ahead of them. It probably does look weird if you're not used to the language.

Alright.

>Step 1: Don't reply to him

To: 64121448
Yes you are if you spend so much time here.

Maybe I'm too close to it, but I wouldn't have thought it was especially so.

I can't think of a word that doesn't have a vowel, whereas there are a few in English.

Holy fucking shit

do you have a folder filled with pictures of me
post that photo of my blurry reflection on the metal cup i know you have it

Where is he ??

Nice, that's a bit like the Russian "ь" somehow. Also, why sometimes there is a capital letter after a "g" or a small group of letters in a word ? Is it just something attached to the word and you choose to put the capital on the "core" word ? Sorry if unclear.

An bhfuil d'fhear an ailse a bhfuil ag marú /éire/?

Tá.
Tá ceart agat ansin a chara.

An Éireannach tú féin?

fags

That's a grammar thing, like how in english you say "an apple" instead of "a apple". I can't quite remember how it works but there are certain letters you only put in front of certain others, ie only "m" goes before "b" and only "g" goes before "c". When this happens with words that are capitalised the letter that is put before it doesn't become a capital.

Sorry if I can't explain this very well, I don't remember a lot about Irish myself.

Is Meiriceánach mé. Tá mé ag déanamh staideir Gailge ar Duolingo lel

Gaeilge*

I hope you don't me making a correct.

Déanamh staidéir ar Gaeilge ar Duolingo.

hello where are the galway gfs

Thanks, I understand. Again it was a pleasure to visit your country and spend my hard-earned Yuros there :D

I don't mind at all m8. I have lots of trouble knowing when I need a preposition. grma. Is "ar" there because it just needs to go in front of the object of staidéar or is it there because its the verbnoun form? If that makes any sense

Galway mostly.

>from Galway
>no gf

Ar is before the object because it makes up the verb to study
Staidéar a dhéanamh ar

Staidéir *
Apologies

Go maith. Go n-éirí leat.

Is dealraitheach go bhfuil cumas maith agat.

Have you been studying Irish long? You seem fairly competent.

It should be "ar an nGaeilge." Abstract nouns take the definite article.

"Ar" is there simply because the literal translation of the phrase is to "do study on Irish". It's an idiomatic expression.

There are a large amount of them in Irish, and it's mostly down to experience to recognise when to use the correct preposition.

You were right with staidéar in the war you used it. Staidéir is the genitive singular.

What are you, gay?

No, just a failure.

I'm sorry :(

Ugliest capital city in Europe, filled with overly confident and smug people who you'd think are living in Manhattan by the way they are carrying on. Some notions.

Thanks.

Got a 43 day duolingo streak going, so I guess it's been a bit longer than that total. I have a shit vocabulary but I pick up grammar and whatnot quick cause I'm good at memorizing patterns

Ah lads, táim i ngrá

Táim tar éis ag teacht ón oibre 's tá sibh ag caint am teanga.
I ndeireadh na dála!

>people actually speaking Irish itt
Kek, do people from the south actually speak any of this dead language?

Dublin isn't ugly, there is just a lot of roadwork and tags everywhere. Temple Bar is really nice, with the flowers everywhere.

This tb100%h.

>Got a 43 day duolingo streak going, so I guess it's been a bit longer than that total.
Fair dues.

>I have a shit vocabulary but I pick up grammar and whatnot quick cause I'm good at memorizing patterns
That's actually the better of the two, because Irish grammar is comparatively more complicated than English, whilst Irish vocabulary is simpler.

Your lesson for the day is that abstract nouns always take the definite article.

Tá gliondar croí orm go bhfuil tú áthasach, a chara.

>I observe that people are speaking Irish
>I wonder does anyone speak Irish
>Asking the above two questions in that order

I ask this question in all sincerity - do you have a learning disability? The thing you have just said is utterly illogical. I know you'll probably say trololol or call me a Mick or something, but that doesn't change the fact that you're absolutely, irredeemably stupid. Your community should be collectively ashamed for producing people like you.

>What is hyperbole
>What is a rhetorical question
What I mean is it seems very overused here compared to daily life in the south, paddy.

most people arent really like that
Irish people in general are quite humble