Microshaft

How can a company that fucks up at every single turn be doing better than ever? I seriously don't understand. Their customers are the least happy they have ever been. Their OS is literally a hodgepodge of pajeet designated-streetware with practically zero unification in their user interface. Their settings app is missing most important stuff, and their control panel is missing most important stuff. They have done nothing but add tracking features and needless bloat in the past 9 years. Their phone line failed, their tablet line failed, their negligence has led to multiple mass security breakdowns and the loss or theft of exabytes of data. They have royally fucked hardware standards in the ass so hard with botnet that we are now facing a total breakdown of processor performance across the board. They have always been known as a pile of shit, and have the smallest fan base of any tech corporation. Skype has been almost entirely replaced since its acquisition. Almost all tech they buy out dies. Hardly anyone is actually buying their products at this point. Bing is a fucking joke. Yet despite all of this, they are doing better than ever.

They offered/stole something needed and used their unique market position to embrace extend extinguish the competition and potential competition. They then used the money and influence gained from that to push contracts onto hardware sellers to sell their system only, otherwise they have to pay full price for the licensing rights. They do something similar to schools and colleges

Isn't it cheaper to people like HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc to make their own distro and sell it? I mean from a marketing standpoint it would make sense. Why they haven't become like Apple yet?

what fucking planet do you live on?

One word: Xbox Box X "One"

No it is not and that's made more evident now that MS has bribed, embraced extended and extinguished the competition they can. They would just do the same to those companies attempts.

Yeah, why not put ubuntu or some other normie distro on by default? Should be no royalties, right? Or does Microsoft pay to have their OS installed by default?

Win 10 works. It's faster, easier, more secure and more dependable than maybe every other prior version other than 7.

And unlike apple everything isn't backwards to normal expectations.

Hardware sellers get a discount on Windows licenses if they don't sell products with competing OSes.

Manufacturers have tried selling loonix computers but they nobody bought them and the ones that did had nothing but problems.

They do sell Chromebooks which just werk unlike Loonix

>competing OSes.

What competition does MS even have? Apple doesn't sell their OS, and linux distros aren't in stores either.

What you mean? They just use Ubuntu. I'm talking about they making their own Linux flavor. Make their own software so they can market it with buzzwords like Apple does.

Wrong.

See Chromebooks.

For the same reason bitcoin is going up in value. I shit you not, That MSFT graph looks exactly like BTC.

>Chromebooks get a small section in the notebook section
>windows takes up the other 97% of laptops/desktops
I'm sure the nitty gritty varies between sellers, but as long as MS has the vast supermajority on shelf space they are happy.

Yeah but it's not the same if they make their own distro. From a marketing standpoint, they can start using buzzwords and basically become a new Apple. Windows makes them boring and unappealing. They have basically nothing to say about their new product but with their own distro they can have endless opportunities on what they can say about their new project. They can create hype with normies on social media.

This people are watching their industry die on their faces and the only thing they can come up with is a vague attempt by offering Ubuntu. Low energy.

Because everyone else is fucking up even worse.

You can almost poinpoint the date where they started selling customer data

look at the time frame and amount. Btc has way different chart

It's literally a bubble. Their stocks are literally kept afloat by lies woven on top of more lies, promises that they have never and will never deliver on, and marketing bullshit. I don't know if the bubble will ever burst, but I sure hope so. They're also not the only ones doing this.

Azure money makes up something like half of their revenue now. They're turning into a cloud company, and at some point they'll deprecate Windows.

Because business users are idiots and because the current generation (and the previous 2) have literally grown up on Windows.

Look at for example 'apple [...] is backwards to "normal expectations"'.

Welcome to every publicly traded company.

'Windows' will be a cloud OS in the future. Give it a couple of decades.

Wrong.