Just got a gt 1030 in the mail for my old optiplex

Just got a gt 1030 in the mail for my old optiplex
how'd i do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cq1tM8DWtko
youtu.be/5rsFVg3s3G0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on what you want to play

what kind of games would this play on a respectable framerate? even if the settings would be low

Card was cheap, but you are probably not a gaymer. It will do the job. You are still a fag though because you didn't pick AMD for open source linux drivers.

>not looking at this information pre-purchase

It just doesn't matter. That's all he can run with that shitty power supply that he has in that shitbox. Also pray that Dell doesn't have any restrictions in the BIOS.

i dont like amd or linux sorry

You bought a glorified HEVC decoder, modern AAA games are going to be shit (Free-to-play stuff would be decent) but at least you can enjoy some 8k 60hz HDR movies with no problem

Winfag

yup

It's basically a GTX 750, he'll be fine on low-medium 1080p.

Why don't you tell us what you will use the card for?

what are the specs of the optiplex even?

gaming and htpc

Specifically mine has a core 2 quad 6700 8gb of ram and the gt 1030 with an ssd

With that you will be doing only some light gaming only.

you could prob do a xeon mod if youre into that kind of stuff. get yourself a 3Ghz xeon cpu

is it as light as a feather gaming or just light light

it is basically a 750ti, just overclock it. Will run games on 1080p, low/medium settings.

source games

a 750ti is significantly faster

how much faster

youtube.com/watch?v=cq1tM8DWtko

skip to 5:30

>GT 1030 is 70-90 bucks on Newegg
>GTX 1050 was 100 when I bought it last year

Holy shit, glad I'm not in the market for a GPU anytime soon.

ill just overclock it then

you should be fine

>shitty old power supply
>power exclusively from PCIE

not really worried

Light light.

Anything Source will work fine, modern games besides eSports titles not so much.

Managed to play Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, Red Orchestra 2 at medium near 60 FPS at 1080p, which was about the same as my previously owned 750 Ti.

You'll just have to try things out as you go along, but don't expect higher settings than low or medium at best.

t. user who owned a Q6600 @ 3 Ghz, 8GB GT 1030.

You're showing off literal garbage. Why are you even showing anybody this embarrassment. Also saged.

unsaged

Listen, and listen well, you little piece of shit and everyone else who does this, this isn't a tech related rant, or even an anti-game rant.
The word 'game' is a substantive, you will IMMEDIATELY stop using it as a verb, go back to elementary school before posting on the internet, have I made myself clear you analphabet spoiled faggot?

>playing video games
This is how you use the word game on a setence, you got it right once, maybe there is still hope for you, please stop embarrassing yourself an start auto-correcting your posts.
Thank you and happy new year!

I just bought a used GTX 660 for 30 bucks. The Chinese man I bought it from assures me it is working perfectly.

Shoulda gotten a 1050 nonti 2GB. I can run basically everything with textures/particles at a lower setting on 768p

what motherbard did you use to overclock your q6600?

I had a Optiplex 330 and several other Socket 775 PCs that I was fiddling around with including a few Fujitsu Siemens PCs, but the OC method I used was the BSEL method which worked on all of them, very easy to apply, all you need is electric tape and tape it over two contact points on the CPU.

See: youtu.be/5rsFVg3s3G0

You're fucking retarded.

literally me

Did you get it to play Blu Ray UHD? Because not counting its video decoding capabilities, it's shit for everything else.

It doesn't even have encoding capabilities (1050 min for that), so forget about streaming.