It seems this might impact AMD as well, the linux patch was for all x86 CPUs right?

It seems this might impact AMD as well, the linux patch was for all x86 CPUs right?

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5aa90a84589282b87666f92b6c3c917c8080a9bf
babynamesdirect.com/baby-names/indian/boy/begins/poo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, AMD has been whitelisted because it's not susceptible to the bug (according to AMD themselves)

Initially yes but they're changing it to exclude AMD

I thought the bug was part of a standard. Is this just AMD not wanting to take a hit?

What the fuck are you retards talking about.
AMD runs amd64.

>blue shirt

lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2

Holy shit Intel is done

shill

>I thought the bug was part of a standard. Is this just AMD not wanting to take a hit?

no it's a particular implementation in Intel chips where protected memory accesses aren't fully checked under speculative execution. AMD claims none of their designs allow any comparable unchecked behavior.

>lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2
this patch hasn't been merged yet and might not make it to the release due to paranoia, but it should be safe for AMD users to use the nopti kernel parameter and avoid the performance massacre.

This is thread #3 posted from intel shills saying the same exact thing. When are you fucking faggots going to accept the fact that Krzanich screwed the pooch?

Its confirmed that it will effect amd

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5aa90a84589282b87666f92b6c3c917c8080a9bf

You are lying.

AMD has submitted a thing saying this doesn't effect them, that was written before that.

Read the changelog retard its right there
Well it isnt merged

It's because of shitty corner-cutting by Intel, executing pipeline before checking privilege. AMD does it right.

Incucks continue to lie.

>i cant read the changelog!!!

>itt

babynamesdirect.com/baby-names/indian/boy/begins/poo

>lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/27/2

Subsequent commit corrects the error for AMD.

no

Not merged

>GPL
It was only reviewed a week ago, until then I'll just compile my own kernel. :^)

>Its confirmed that it will effect amd

if by "it", you mean the performance-sapping patch, then yes (maybe, if they don't whitelist AMD before the release).

if by "it" you mean the hardware flaw, then no, fuck off you troll.

and anyone can boot with "nopti" or whatever, it's just that only AMD chips will (probably) be safe as such.

It was merged in the secret embargo patch.

- /* Assume for now that ALL x86 CPUs are insecure */
- setup_force_cpu_bug(X86_BUG_CPU_INSECURE);
+ if (c->x86_vendor != X86_VENDOR_AMD)
+ setup_force_cpu_bug(X86_BUG_CPU_INSECURE);
AHAHAHAH

This 'assume for now' thing implies that they'll wait until they get a confirmation that AMD is not affected before sticking to intel only.
IE, next week, so long as AMD isn't affected also, the patch will be changed to be intel only.

It's just caution. Well justified caution in the case that AMD is also affected.