>Be me
>Interested in Linux.
>Hates Windows.
>Loves games.
>Games support is balls on Linux.
>mfw
>fml

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/159350/can-i-filter-my-steam-library-by-tags-or-features
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this isn't your fucking blog you stupid cunt fuck off

fuck you

Do like me and have a desktop PC for gaymen and a laptop for a jack-of-all-trades. I browse and watch videos and communicate with a laptop. It's also safer to just use Windows for gaymen and not much else.

get a console for games

You run windows on your desktop or laptop?

I have an extensive online PC game library. And just invested in a lot of new hardware. I wouldn't like to throw if away for a console which gives me 30 fps :/
Plus I'm broke asf. I can't just buy another PC for Linux.

Desktop of course. Laptop has nonfree Debian.

>grub2
>SteamOS

> give up Windows
> play fewer games
> develop social life

Thanks Linux.

>develop social life

D U A L
B O O T

Just dual boot, nigger.
Also, Sup Forums is not twitter, kill yourself.

Okay thanks

Thenk for inspiration.

> give up Windows
> play fewer games
> spend the time fixing another bug / bad config file, looking for drivers, dealing with a whole lot of other bullshit if you're using gentoo, repairing your system after a major bleeding edge bug fucks it up if you're using Arch, tweaking shit because that's what Linux is for, and reading forum posts and books to understand how to do all of the above.

>out of ~45 PC games I own, between 7 and 9 of them don't work on linux
game support is fine, stop playing (((Amazing))) AAA games

As expected from a Dumb Frogposter.

> 52 gaymes in the library
> only 25 work on linux, mostly point-and-clicks and VNs

>stop playing (((amazing))) AAA games

Not a single one of them is AAA.

Something new about Lin?

I mean except for Assassin's Creed, but I didn't expect Ubisoft to care about its customers anyway.

Are you retarded?
You have so many options

The first ist dual booting.
The second is just using what is available, which includes a lot of great and recent games.
The third is using wine and praying that it works.
There are also many more and non of these are mutually exclusive, you can do all of the simultaneously.

Things that never happened.
I switched playing games for ricing and shitposting.

Download snes9x and chrono trigger and learn how to hate modern AAA garbage.

Lol sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks.

I see. Is there anyway I can see the Linux steam library?

Is Assassins Creed Black Flag, available on Linux?

The store page says it isn't.

To get things out of the way, I'm not retarded. Dual booting is a pain in the ass. Plus there's a chance that you might encounter some sort of driver issues.

Aww man. I guess I'll finish it before I switch.

There's an extra menu entry in non-Windows Steam clients.

I don't play AAA games. I don't have money for that kinda stuff.

I see. But can I see the collection sitting on my Windows Desktop? Maybe through a website?

No native way to do it.
This may help.
gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/159350/can-i-filter-my-steam-library-by-tags-or-features

You have to make a choice, what's more important. Liberty, freedom, safety. Or yet another way to play gaymes. Unfortunately you're a retard and the choice is tough for you.

Yes, because Windows has no problems and offers no fuckery.

$0.05 has been deposited in your MS account, Rajeesh.

Hmm, let's see
> Windows
> 30 something minutes to install, afterwards it just werks

> Gentoo
> 2 weeks of work, 12-14 hours a day non-stop, trying to get every piece of hardware to work properly one by one

My autism is pleased, but a normalfag would understandably rage-uninstall it in 5 hours.

bloam

If you get good at Linux most games can run in Wine with a little configuring.

Then linux is the same shit as windows for you

There are issues beyond simple executable format incompatibility.
Lower GPU performance and Nvidia screen tearing, caused by Xorg being shit, are still unsolved issues.

If you have a competent gaymen machine you can use your dedicated GPU (Or one of them) on a gpu-passthrough windows VM and game there

>Windows - 30 min initial install, search net for drivers, 4 hours for updates, have to install programs again
>Ubuntu - 10 minute install, all drivers installed and just werk, common programs already installed, updates take around a minute. System ready to go in 10 minutes

Totes the same honey

works on my machine, i use amdgpu

Fuck you.

>Dual booting is a pain in the ass.
Only if you want to switch quickly.
If you have an SSD, it is just half a minute or so, not that important.

>Plus there's a chance that you might encounter some sort of driver issues.
Never happened on my Desktop, everything just worked, but I guess that is just something you need to try.

Again, none of these things are mutually exclusive and there are a lot of games you can play on Linux.

Just use Windows and stop with autism

>tearing, caused by Xorg being shit, are still unsolved issues.
Wrong.
That only is an issue if you Window manager doesn't take care of it AND you didn't configure your driver correctly.

If you are running KDE, there is no tearing and if you aren't and there is tearing you are one google search away from fixing the problem yourself.

Also the lower GPU performance is basically irrelevant if you are using the proprietary drivers.

HDD.

>wine
>pci passthrough
>native games
or you can just grow up

Kek tried KDE yesterday and:
>run dota 2 vulkan on gnome : ~180 fps on max detail
>run dota 2 opengl on gnome : ~190 fps
>run dota 2 opengl on kde : ~160 fps
>run dota 2 vulkan on kde : ~120 fps
never again honestly. Messing with the compositor settings on kde makes it only worse. Also it had no vsync on KDE, turning off compositor for fullscreen did nothing.

i could understand people having this problem if it weren't 2018 and computers didn't cost 100 bucks

>120 fps
Literally unplayable.

But anyway, that wasn't my point.
I was just saying that "screen tearing" is not an "unsolved issue", in most DEs it is a non issue or else it is easily fixed.

Dualboot windows and linux?

dualbooting is definitely a pain in the ass because windows will fuck itself eventually and get caught in automatic repair loop because it doesn't play nice with secret linux partitions it can't understand, has happened to me 2 or 3 times in the last 5 years. i don't really give a shit it's fun fresh installing bc no girlfriend

screen tearing is def an issue with certain graphics cards. the good news is you can just save power and use your integrated graphics in linux because there are NO GAMES and NO PROGRAMS that would require the muscle.

>literally 40% fps drop
>no vsync on KDE
>y-you dont need performance user
>screen tearing is not an unsolved issue
>easily fixed
gtk file picker thread when?

>screen tearing is def an issue with certain graphics cards.
An easily fixed one on all GPUs I have used.

Either it is configuring a driver correctly or using a DE which fixes it.

>>literally 40% fps drop
By choosing a different DE.
Who cares?

>y-you dont need performance user
It was a joke, 120 fps is enough.

>screen tearing is not an unsolved issue
It is easily solved by one google search.

>gtk file picker thread when?
If people choose a file picker without preview it is their fault.
I never even had that Problem, it just works for me, without configuring anything.

>non free debian
You pay free software?

also install cube2 sauerbrauten

Switch to Linux.
Play the games that are there.
Buy copies of the games available to show you want them to have a market here.
Sometimes it requires adaptation, eg switching from lol to hon or dota is a significant change but it is possible and if lol looses enough players, they will make a linux version.
Another thing you can do which is what I personally did is stop playing games and start solving them.
Repetitive games are easiest to solve, I am not arguing for attempting to solve portal, but you can solve things like simple puzzles, race car games, shooters strategy games etc.
It is a lot of fun but can be really hard.
It also forces you to learn and the more complex the game, the harder it is to solve.
In school, we solved games like mazes, sokoban and ludo and it was a lot of fun.
Now I solve similar problems in a professional setting.

I see. That's a good resolve. I'll consider my switch after I finish some of the games that I've had my eyes on for some time.

search up qemu gpu passthrough

this.
OP is a retard

I'd switch to Linux in a heartbeat if they'd support Office 365
>inb4 muh Libre
it's trash compared to Office

you can always buy a 100 dollar computer to play with your yuppie botnet spreadsheet bullshit

>console gaming
might as well save the money and just buy a dragon dildo

Welcome to Sup Forums, enjoy your stay.