What kind of performance hit will Intel CPUs take from the virtual memory bug patch?

What kind of performance hit will Intel CPUs take from the virtual memory bug patch?

5-120%

It's all over for Intel. Expect i7s to perform at pentium 4 levels.

56%

100 %

~1% if you have an AMD GPU

Why would a bug fix make performance worse?

30% in lincucks 3% in wangblows

It's less a bug fix than a workaround that alters the way Intel handles instructions.

Got source for the topic? Late fag here.

because intel jew everyone in order to have more ipc and now they gonna have to workaround it doing the batch localy on the cpu instead on the cache resulting into a massive drop

In IO heavy loads up to %50
Probably wont affect home users as much but will be absolutely devastating for Intel's server market share.

none if you fucking use gentoo

56% is you're american.

I/O and networking take the hardest hit. Intel is about to get ravaged as datacenters and other large customers jump ship.

Openvpn will get recked, webservers and databases too. But anything else should run just fine.

wut about templeos

0%

>large customers jump ship
I'll believe it when I see it. More likely they'll just upgrade to newer Intel CPUs. They're not going to go from "tried and true" Xeons to Threadrippers or whatever.

How about every other thread in the catalog for the last 24 hours

>datacenters and other large customers jump ship
Wont happen. Amd cannot supply enough chips and customers would need to buy a new servers while intel could easily flood the market with cheap drop-in replacements.

>He thinks Threadripper is a server chip.

Intel is probably a year or more away from releasing chips which fix the issue.

>cheap replacements
Considering that a lot of servers in datacenters will have been purchased in the last few years for huge amounts of money and are now found to be not up to scratch due to this design flaw, if cheap doesn't equal free, then that shit isn't going to fly.

Developing new architecture or feature size might take years but intel need to fix only one instruction and make a new masks for lithography. It could br done in a 2 weeks.
Manufacturing cost of cpus are pretty low, intel could offer a trade-in option for 50-100$ and not lose any money at all.