Vim or GVim and why?

Emacs users aren't welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.aachen.ccc.de/34c3ctf.ccc.ac/uploads/vim-5ca46d1e8afdc0b30b25fdf8f69f868b33a16241.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you are using gvim might as well use emacs

Neovim.

Visual Studio Code

Visual Studio with VAX plugin

On windows, gvim. Sometimes using a laptop trackpad is just faster than keyboard.

On linux, I do everything in the terminal anyways, so vim.

What if I use both?

EMACS

Sublime

GNU nano

this

anyone cracked this one?
archive.aachen.ccc.de/34c3ctf.ccc.ac/uploads/vim-5ca46d1e8afdc0b30b25fdf8f69f868b33a16241.txt

b-bhim!

started last year. went vim, to neovim, to spacemacs
still blind to most of the functions. but at least i can move my way around it easy enough

Why would you use gvim?
Spbp

Tunisian fag

I use plain vim with no plugins, but I've really been itching to learn emacs since watching some cool videos on what it can do. I've got emacs with evil installed, but I haven't set aside time to learn how to use it yet.

>Sometimes using a laptop trackpad is just faster than keyboard.
If you're talking about scrolling, you can input a number before the directional keys to move way faster. e.g. 50j

If you mean you prefer clicking through the graphical menus or something, you probably just need to learn the shortcuts better.

I'm not tunisian or a fag, sorry
i do like vim though and im white male living in the us

>you can input a number before the directional keys to move way faster. e.g. 50j

That's the dumb way to do it. Ctrl+E/Y to scroll up/down by 1 line, Ctrl+U/Ctrl+D to scroll up/down 'scroll option' lines (default by 30 iirc).

:q!

personally, I prefer { and } to move between paragraphs.

The fact that I can't exit out of vim with CTRL + C is cancer.

i use gvim because it has better colors and feels smoother to me

i tried vim in tmux from the alacritty terminal and it felt really nice, but there were a few things like the cursor being same shape insert/normal mode that made me return to gvim.

I just want a 60fps vim experience guys

Use nvim

>not using vi

is it mature yet? any major things missing from vim?

It is, and not that I've noticed. You can check the status on GitHub but it aims to be compatible with vi, and in my experience does it quite well

>exits vim by sending a kill signal

Up-down has never really been a problem for me. Its just when I deal with 100+ char long lines, I would rather just use my index finger (or thumb) to move a cursor than press h/l/b/w a bunch of times or guesstimate with numbers.

One click > many key presses imo. Vim does a really good job of minimizing when these kinds of things happen, but they still pop up occasionally.

use easymotion

I will definitely try this. Thank you.