What programming languages do I need to learn to find a job?

What programming languages do I need to learn to find a job?

gentoo

>COBOL
Not even joking.

Your question is framed so badly that it's useless to answer. You don't even have that level of power yet.

An underestimated choice.

COBOL devs are high in demand for legacy crap every bank out there runs.

java if you want to work with poo

javascript/php if you want to work with web shit

c++ if you want to make games

bash/python if you want to be a sysadmin

powershell if you want to be a wincuck admin LOL

kotlin/swift if you want to make mobile shit

>bash/python if you want to be a sysadmin
this also if you want to be a pimp and a baller

Java and .net are most common in my coty

>Your question is framed so badly
autism

>autism
Precisely. He wants to code for a living. Precision fucking matters.

Can someone confirm if this is legit or not?

Learn something useful instead.

>java/c# if you want to work with poo
>javascript/php if you want to work with web shit
>c++/c# if you want to slave work for 10+ hours for shit wages on games because muh privilege to work on games
>bash/perl if you want to be an underpaid sysadmin because these are dime a dozen
>python if you want to be datascience machine learning cocksucker without a job
>ruby if you want to be a pentester that gets ignored anyway
>powershell + a shitton of ad hoc cmd commands and annoying GUIs if you want to be a wincuck admin LOL
>kotlin/swift if you want to make mobile shit for shit wages only to be kicked out of the app stores

i think so

what interests you?

Like what?

dont do it. all oversaturated industry. be a plumber/carpenter/mechanic and make 80k in 4 years, instead of fighting off 100's of kids with bs's.

yes im salty af.

Yeah it's fairly accurate.

Java is probably the most popular program so lots of employers demand jobs with it, but that also means it's the most outsourced job as well; if you're lucky enough to not get your job outsourced to India, you'll spend all day teleconferencing with Pajeets.

Javascript is pretty much web-only.

C and C++ are used in a lot of video game engines.

Swift is popular for iPhones and iOS devices in general.

Not sure about Python and Powershell though.

craftsmanship
You can build half your own house.
Also, it probably depends on where you live but here it was impossible to get one for several months, so demand is high enough. Most likely because these days every retard thinks muh IT is da future.

Mechanical engineering

PHP will get you a job the fastest. JavaScript is the current meme so it will get you a job.

>what interests you?
Web development. So I guess I should just learn Javascript?

yeah, probably

If you wanna work with web-oriented stuff, some good stuff to learn would probably be Javascript, HTML, CSS, and maybe PHP. All are used for web purposes.

>dont do it. all oversaturated industry. be a plumber/carpenter/mechanic and make 80k in 4 years, instead of fighting off 100's of kids with bs's.
Gee, with that level of intelligence I am surprised you know how to use Sup Forums.

Fucking why? It’s not the year 2000 anymore

>Fucking why?
Well what would you recommend?

yes you need to know javascript for web shit and probably one backend language like php unless you're using node.js

wtf are you talking about

What about that statement would make you question my intelligence?

His question is framed like someone who doesn't know that different languages are used in different conditions and different industries. It's like asking what kind of power tools a tradesman needs without specifiying what kinds.

He's lucky he didn't just get a sack of memes.

That you aren't immediately picking up on it reflects badly on you.

What about Electrician annon?
I wasted 3 years I'll never get back in College for computers, now I have a chance to do a trade.

t. Butt hurt I didn't make it in this oversaturated pajeet infested industry

electrician is def lucrative. i just dont like it because its a lil more dangerous and less accepting of smokers

Inaccurate.

There are alternatives to writing JavaScript on the frontend, and there are many alternatives to writing PHP for the backend.

>provides weak claim
>doesn't provide any alternatives

kill yourself

Eventually JavaScript will be used for everything

imagine being this retarded

No wonder many Poos keep getting hired on this industry

Stupid fucking Sup Forums is recommending COBOL cause
>muh banks use it

Like anyone would want to be working on a fucking bank on their first job

Modern Fortran

It's a language which has all the benefits of being used in a large majority of legacy machines across the finance and defense sectors along with virtually all super computers today running code written in fortran

Fortran will always be king of HPC and is still actively being developed with the last stable release being issued in 2010 with a new one coming very soon

You're not getting a COBOL job unless you already have 30+ years of COBOL experience or you're in-deep with the financial sector.

But muh Sup Forums told me to learn it on my thinkpad with amd cpu running gentoo