They knew months ago

>they knew months ago

How the fuck is Brian selling off all the shares he could not insider trading?

Other urls found in this thread:

cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=2017-5754
cve.scap.org.cn/CVE-2017-5754.html
twitter.com/misc0110/status/948706387491786752
dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln284433/what-is-bios-and-how-to-update-the-bios-on-your-dell-system?lang=en
w3schools.com/css/default.asp
amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution
onmsft.com/news/microsoft-to-release-emergency-windows-update-to-address-intel-amd-processors-security-concerns
biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms/online/VoyaNuiOnlineGame/Launcher.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rich people are above the laws user

He probably complied with the letter of the law, just as (((they))) always do.

One law for them, and another law, for us. It's simple, servant.

There are lots of Intel shills claiming AMD is also affected by the bug.

It's affected by Spectre (but everything is affected by it, even though it's silly difficult to exploit).
Meltdown (the easy and rapey one) is Intel-specific.

"couple of months ago"

they mean since Feb last year?
cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=2017-5754
cve.scap.org.cn/CVE-2017-5754.html

buy goys we were gonna tell you next week ;^)

don't be antisemitic

Spectre is also gonna be a bitch to patch. So, for the time being, only Intel is taking a performance hit from the patch, right?

It's just like the huge scandal with Equifax. They don't let you know until they make themost profit.

benis

No, Spectre is easily patchable, and is extremely tricky to execute, like, academic-tricky. Meltdown is a real danger with straightforwardness of a brick.
Come and steal!

I thought it was backwards, meltdown being the easy quick patch coming out next tuesday and spectre being the shit that we hope no one figures out how to exploit any time in the next 5-10 years.

Spectre is easy to augment against with software tricks and is hilariously hard to execute.
It's the Meltdown that is truly dangerous and is the reason kernels are getting rewritten.

the happy merchant strikes again

I miss bionicles game.

it's affected by one variant of Spectre, but there is a patch that fixes this with negligible performance impact.

The patch next tuesday is still for meltdown though, no?

Yes, because Meltdown is actually, ACTUALLY, incredibly fucking dangerous!

>A couple of months ago
How the fuck will the jews and shills ever recover?

Meltdown example
twitter.com/misc0110/status/948706387491786752

What in the ungodly fuck.

Meltdown gives you ring 0 access, enough to brick the motherboard by rewriting its BIOS for example.

Oh my fuck

Meanwhile I'm here with my FX6300.

Can meltdown be executed in JS? That's all I want to know

Is that even possible like that with UEFI crap?

This is amazing

It can even be done with CSS code

Well fugg.

Yes, nowadays you can flash your BIOS with vendor software running on the OS.

dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln284433/what-is-bios-and-how-to-update-the-bios-on-your-dell-system?lang=en

See
>4. How to Update Your System BIOS Within Windows

Shit's fucked.

That's an accurate description. Use the patch or go offline, there is no other option.

Yes, but that just uploads a signed image to the UEFI. If it's invalid it gets rejected

Which property exactly? maybe the "Rounded Corners" one from the advanced section?
w3schools.com/css/default.asp

(((Rich))) people

Rejected by what?

>Bought my 8600k almost a month ago.
gg my lads. It's been fun,

By the existing firmware

WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN?

Welcome back to Windows 98
May I take your order?
hahahahaha

Link?

Want

>nuclear war happening any day now
>intel getting fucked
what's next?

This was my first build.
FUCK

So how do I get a refund from Intel?

Join the inevitable class action lawsuit and you will probably get some decent money.

That is fucking scary.

That could be replicated with 5 lines of code in the command line. But its from the coauthor of the whitepaper so i'm inclined to believe its genuine.

Time to upgrade my i7-4770.
What is the newest CPU not affected by this shit.

For the love of all that is good Sup Forums, if you got ripped by Intel join the Class action lawsuit. Don't let this jews get away with it. Also try and make some noise against this faggot Ceo who knew insider secrets and made millions selling before the plane went to shit.

This is the only time I constantly keep checking for updates on Windows 10 but of course there isn't anything on the Microsoft website like there was for Wannacry.

I wanted to try Manjaro today but I just want a secure system 'till this shit blows over.
Fuck.

>sold everything but the minimum amount he was required to own as ceo

>tfw bought an i5
>this happens
>cant return it
FUGGG

>release flop X299
>release 8th gen in way less than a year after your previous gen
>meltdown

Nothing from Intel. AMD CPUs are fine. Intel's stuff will be secure with the patch.

>will be secure
And only 30% slower!

AMD were told too.

A very interesting aside - AGESA 1007 was an almost complete rewrite compared to 1006.
AMD started work on 1007 in June but didn't ship it until early December, it was buggy as all hell and has had several quick revisions since (now upto 1007.2a - already replaced by AGESA 10010.1 - no public 8/9 releases)

I think AMD changed some big things, I lot of people complained about AGESA 1007 having performance issues...

>probably get some decent money.
You will get $20-30 in 5-10 years. Never mind that it means that your entire $500-$2000 system is now 30% slower and replacing even just the CPU would require MOBO and probably memory changes at the least.

Class action is probably the only way forward m8. 10 years to get a refund equivalent to performance lost. For example you spent $250 after lawyer fees etc you might get $20.

As I understand it the Meltdown exploit can be fixed at the kernel level with a performance impact but the Spectre one is an architecture level design flaw and practically affect any cpu with branch prediction no matter which brand and there is no fix. So all devices are fucked everywhere including smartphones. It will take years to replace every single one. As of today we live in a word with zero computer security. May god have mercy on our bank account details and balances.

>still on 4770k
>Ryzen 2 just around the corner

Hurry up AMD I can only hold out for so long.

>tfw had my smarter friend recommend me parts for a build
>he tells me to get a ryzen despite using intel himself and my own bad experience with an fx in my last computer
>I get a Ryzen despite my doubts
>this happens
this incident has really made me value the advice I'm given much more

>still memeing 30% when it's been released that the slow down isn't even 5%

can't wait till this really turns on amd (as it will) and you guys claim nothing will change

Spectre exploits can be individually patched out when discovered, so it's not a complete loss.

In some workloads it's even worse. I've seen NVME I/O halved.

Spectre 1 already got patched, Spectre 2 is the real bitch but it's extremely hard to execute so it's kinda irrelevant.

This.
Now get back to work peasant.

Someone post a 80% loss with a specific benchmark, shit's ridiculous and I have no idea why Intel even bothered to patch it instead of just pretending the exploit doesn't exist.

Just use Ubuntu

amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution

Apparently AMD is fine for that.

It's too big a deal to ignore.

garfunkle got nothing on him

>oh shit
>we cant use that NSA backdoor now

Seriously how the fuck can he and his lawyers spin this? This is the most blatant example of insider trading in years.

Because that is the one thing that would be even worse.

>I was told that the patch would have no perf impact ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

Many execs sell their stock on a schedule. Selling stock is extremely normal for executives.

he'd be right.

,If he holds the minimum number of shares that company requires of a CEO, that's $11 million. Just how many of his eggs does he need to keep in that one basket? Staying invested in the company and locking your financial future to it are very different things - diversification is ~almost always a good/sane thing to do. Personally, I tend to sell all of my employers stock when I get it and diversify, though I keep 1 share to 'stay invested'.

If you look into his history, he's been selling his stock for years, long before this exploit was known.

20-30 on a shitload of consumers would seriously bleed Intel

see

so when do we start the biggest class action lawsuit in modern history?

Bionicles were the shit senpai

Could be to deal with the Spectre attack, but I think it was more about being able to disable (not verified yet) the PSP with that new agesa so I imagine that requires some major changes.

>Lol, I don't know what this even mean, but here's some random irrelevant benchmarks, because I'm so random! xD

There is nothing wrong with Intel. Intel is strong. This forthcoming patch and news of it lowering performance is 'fake news'. This will only improve security and improve on our already great line of chips.

Here:
onmsft.com/news/microsoft-to-release-emergency-windows-update-to-address-intel-amd-processors-security-concerns

Ryzen 2 is 2019, Ryzen+ is this year.

>We
We don't but you do Intelman

That's only Spectre isn't it? Not Meltdown?

Isn't ryzen 2 2018 Q4?

biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/gms/online/VoyaNuiOnlineGame/Launcher.html

all the retards building retard level gaming rig with intel will cry like a retard.
man i cant wait to see all the retarded posts whining about this but i also cant wait to see all the retards laughing about the retards who fell for the intel meme
good thing i have a mac that has already patched it instead of using something retarded like windows or worse, lincuck ahahaha

Shit you're right
>Dubbed 'Pinnacle Ridge', the wave of second-gen Ryzen chips will start predictably with the flagship Ryzen 7 in February, followed by its less gutsy siblings in March.

I hope this hurts Intel a lot.

SHUT THIS DOWN IMMEDIATELY OP

It is not normal for CEOs to sell everything but what they are required to hold. It sends a message that they have no faith in the stock prices rising up, or in this case, that they know something that will send the prices down.