Do your country fellowmen refuse to speak english at an international event ?

Do your country fellowmen refuse to speak english at an international event ?

France
Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=eFlPYim-SUc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8
youtube.com/watch?v=-RrEQ8Ovw-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=yht-8wK_fXo
youtube.com/watch?v=JHp-Wg1wHv0
youtube.com/watch?v=BoxA9ghHkOM
youtube.com/watch?v=csFX7RUAi0o
youtube.com/watch?v=GD6HIBmoq6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But only a small minority knows how to speak english in France.
And that small minority speaks awful english. Even Arsene Wenger after 20 years of living in England never lost that accent.

I try my best to have a "normal" accent.

>refuse to speak English
>implying you can speak English
Your English is terrible. I stayed a year in Dijon and nobody was fluent in English.

I think he literally can't speak English

>tfw don't know if I should be proud or ashamed

youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8
we do our best

>don't
Can't

Beat this
youtube.com/watch?v=-RrEQ8Ovw-Q

>bantering France for not being lingually cucked

If it is an international event, you should be speaking Esperanto.

>le esperanto meme
Just go to learn a real language.

>youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8
Nice
youtube.com/watch?v=yht-8wK_fXo

youtube.com/watch?v=JHp-Wg1wHv0

french a cute
a cute!

That's right boyo.

Look at how your fellow euroscum brethren mock each other for not knowing how to speak our glorious language.

France will learn soon enough, and be bowing down awaiting our praise. Just like a dog after obeying it's master.

Adorable

All languages are real languages.

We're big enough and we don't give a fuck.

ignorance is bliss

It's just that we're big enough to avoid needing English for anything.

We learn English at school but often forget it, since it's completely useless to us.

Given that most international business and science these days is conducted in English, surely people in these fields learn it right?

Feels good being middle ground
Still somewhat able to speak English, while at the same time not cucked enough to have English-only movies

>science
Depends of the science. Hard sciences surely, social sciences not so much. Also we do math in French.

>international business
Yes, but only the people who communicate with the outside will use English regularly.

Science and international business do only concern a tiny part of the population, though.

Personally I only use English to shitpost on Sup Forums and read the Financial Times. I don't even remember the last time I spoke English for real. Maybe for English exams in college, years ago?

We want German dubs of Eddie Murphy.

Bad english thread? Bad english thread
youtube.com/watch?v=BoxA9ghHkOM

Why is French such a beautiful written language, and yet so repulsive to my ears that it makes me want to dig up Joan of Arc's rotten corpse and burn the bitch again?

>that phlegmy guttural whine

It's a shame the French can't direct some of their linguistic patriotism towards their thoughts on immigrants and religion

French is weird tbqf

ugly on young men but beautiful on young women
beautiful on old men but ugly on old women

>Why is French such a beautiful written language, and yet so repulsive to my ears

you just described castillian, I believe it has more to do with how the accent goes than the language itself.

Your ears have been deformed by too many years of ladspeak. French sounds fine, and comes in a wide variety of accents by the way.

>Québécois accent with Justin Trudeau

youtube.com/watch?v=csFX7RUAi0o

JESUS,i need to learn this language.

I've learned three other languages, how hard is French?

Both you and the frogs haven't updated your orthographies to match your phonologies since around 1200, so you shouldn't be surprised if something doesn't sound anywhere close to like it's written (and no we ain't perfect in that either, only Finns, Japs, Koreans... and other Mongolian peoples do it roight)

sob

serbia

no, they are not retarded mostly

youtube.com/watch?v=GD6HIBmoq6A

or.. well, forgot retarded part

Don't learn french.
It's like Linux for Sup Forums, it's our secret club and we don't welcome newcomers.

What about media consumption? The french movie industry is not very good compared to the english

As you're coming from English, it's only moderately hard. A lot of words are similar in French.

It will feel even more familiar if you already learned Spanish or Italian.

>not very good

It's a fucking joke, yea! You can say it.

Everything is dubbed. Only a few snobs will watch movies in English with subs to look more "cultured" (which is unjustified if the movie is not a masterpiece--why would you want to watch Fast & Furious 7 in English?). Our dubbers are really, really good anyway.

Also: daily reminder than many of our box office successes are French movies. The rest of the world might not like them, but who cares?

>Everything is dubbed. Only a few snobs will watch movies in English with subs to look more "cultured"
This, only turbo-autists here care about >muh perfect lip synicng and >muh orijinul voice

You make it sound like our French films and series are all terrible, while the American ones are all flawless works of genius.

I'll take a little unpretentious French comedy (say Faubourg 36 or L'Arnacoeur) any day against Rocky 25 or Superhero Movie 898.

For series, Americans are kings, but we can do really decent stuff like Engrenages or Un Village Français.

Finland
No, we speak too much unnecessary english

>our
*ahem*

Sorry to break it to you, 60%.

>that pic
You have to go back. Disregarded your link desu
>if the movie is not a masterpiece
>being this committed to justifying consuming shit (on initiative of your friends I will benevolently assume)
and only idiots will care about your retarded bait

>why would you want to watch Fast & Furious 7 in English?

why would you want to watch it period?

LMAO

GIVE THIS MADMAN AN INTERPRETER

it's his trademark.

Ah yes, the majority of the population is of course planning to be an international trader

I have saw him speaking English much better than this,

Average, okay-ish, light movies (which doesn't mean "shit") have their purpose. I don't want to watch a masterpiece every day.

>mfw our history is full of Italo-French coproductions that have been shot in both languages (Italian actors speak Italian, French actors speak French), so there is no "original version" and some actors get necessarily dubbed in your language
>examples: Il Gattopardo, La Cage aux Folles, etc.

I watch series with subs, to get them earlier and also because it is better, only movies get very good quality dubbing

>t. enlightened gentleman

>why would you want to watch it period?

For the French dubber of Vin Diesel, which is literally this guy :^)

People here are eager to speak english - if they can. If they can't, they'll range from trying anyway and sounding like verbal diarrhea to ignoring you or just looking at you dumbfounded.

The problem is that you've got a good chance to get the cancerous CANADIAN DUB if you torrent your series in French.

Personally I wouldn't touch a series like Scrubs subbed. The French dub is pure genius, while the original (I don't need subs) sounds too flat and unfunny to me.

>JD's French dub
>Dr. Cox rants with the French dub

Too good.

It's written truefrench in the description.

Hmm. I don't complain with what I get.

Another flaw of watching stuff in English is that you can't discuss stuff with your friends, who mostly watched in French. When you want to talk about a tirade or a catchphrase, what do you do? Say the thing in English autistically, hoping that they'll get it?

Now if your only friends are Sup Forums Anons, it makes more sense.

>NOT lingually cucked
>official language is Arabic.