/spg/ - Smartphone General

Tiddies Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1-8776.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone own a pixel 2 that can answer a camera question? I know the stock camera is great but has anyone tried using manual camera apps like open camera now that the visual core is activated? Last time I used the phone every picture I took with third party apps looked worse than the stock google app.

tl;dr do 3rd party photo apps look as good as the stock google camera app with the latest android version on the pixel 2?

If you don't have and iPhone X you're a pleb and you should feel bad. Literally TWICE as powerful as anything else our there running android with scores in Geekbench 4 being double that of the note 8.

Camera HAL enables the Pixel core for third party apps.

Thank you, your $0.05 will be deposited in to your account momentarily. Make sure to keep pushing iOS and iPhone X on here, we've noticed you have been slacking lately. Do not be afraid to make new threads for iPhone X and switch your IP address to keep bumping the thread. You can use any number of VPN services for this.

Thank you for your efforts.
---------------------------------------------------
James Swain

Head of Digital Marketing
Apple, Inc.
One Infinite Loop.
Cupertino, CA 95014
+1 (408) 606-5775 ext.324

im wondering if it makes a big difference in photo quality shooting raw for example

Probably, if you can find an app that's updated to support it.

It's mostly meant for normie shit like Instagram and snapchat.

I live in NZ and am looking for a new phone to use with Vodafone.

My friend recently bought a Redmi Note 4X Pro and he's very happy with it. His only let down is that he wish he bought something with a slightly better camera.

So can anyone recommend me a phone similar in price and battery performance to the 4X but with a better camera?

>Pixel 2 is being delivered tomorrow

disgusting

>my chinkphone will be delivered within the next 6 months

Got a new HTC 11 ultra... What now?

Mi Note 3
I'm envious of you non-band 2,4,12/17 fags

smartphone suggestions up to $300?

Redmi 5S

What country and carrier?

East Europe, my carrier has network with GSM 900, GSM 1800, UMTS 900, UMTS 2100, LTE 800, LTE 1800, LTE 2100, LTE 2600

Ah that sounds like Polish shit where I live.

Ok so what are your preferences when it comes to phones?

Fingerprint reader, sd card slot, fast enough to browse and shitpost comfortably. It'd be nice if it is more durable than my last redmi note 3.

polski śmieć here, pozdrawiam

Xiaomi Mi A1

Will a Mi 5 work on MetroPCS's 4G LTE?

No, only the Mi Mix

Which Mi Mix, though?

Ok, ok good I think I may have a phone in mind.

What about size? Any preferences there?

If size is no biggie, I can recommend the Xiaomi Mi Max 2: fast enough to shitpost in English and Polish ( siemanko pozdrowienia z śmieciarni aka Warszawa).

Comes with a blazing fast rear mounted fingerprint sensor, microSD card slot, and if you're into gold colored phones then the gold model comes with 128 GB of storage. The black version is limited to 64 GB but for me that's still plenty.

Most likely the Mi Mix 2 since that supports over 43 bands.

Mi Mix 2

>2018 and still using Jewdroid lmao.
>mfw

> (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Should I get a Redmi Note 4 and slap lineage on it now or should I get a Mi note 2 with miui and maybe get lineage down the line?

Is Redmi note 5 or anything else interesting coming up with these new snapdragon 630 or 636? How much more energy efficient 636 is compared to 625 since it's 10nm vs 14 nm?

Mi Note 3 has the Snapdragon 660
Don't know about energy efficiency but it destroys the 636 in benchmarks

LG V30+ or S8+?

WHEN THE FUCK IS MOTO G6 COMING OUT

I just care about energy efficiency because I don't play mobile games and use phone just for browsing internet and sending messages.

The Mi Note 2 doesn't have an official build of Lineage. It's one of those Xiaomis that never got all that much support from ROM developers for some reason.

Well if that's all you care about then any phone with a 625 and up will suit you just fine

Yeah, that's why I'm interested in 636 because it's 10nm

Well nothing so far has been announced sporting a 636, so you've got months ahead of you IF they even announce a phone with one

Shiet. Are there any phones line the redmi but with NFC and lineage support?

Is there a future for the keyone? Or will a new one be coming in 2018? Really want to jump on it because I love physical keyboard.

Wondering if it'll drop in price again though, or if it'll be worth just waiting for the next one. I think it'll be good for me to switch from my phone being an all in one media and communication device and instead use my phone just for music/podcasts, books, and messaging and get a tablet with wacom tech for movies, videos, web browsing, and drawing.

No

Is anyone else in my situation where I have an iPhone 6 and all I really want to do is just replace the battery? All these new phones have these useless features and actually remove shit like the headphone jack. I see no reason to upgrade and why do normies even need that cpu power? What are they playing gachi games on their phone, freaks.

i still think its insane my new xperia xz1 comapct runs ridiculously faster than my galaxy s7

Why wouldn't they use 636 which is the newest soc and only 600-series on 10nm.

Newfag here, any cons of getting a redmi 4a if I'm on a budget?

Stupid smartphones. Gonna end up replacing my laptop.

Because they still have a ton of backstock of 625 and 630 chips, the shitty thing is you might not even see a 636 phone because by the time they get around to putting them in phones, they'd have a better option for that slot
Happened with the SD653

Yeah save up 30€ and get redmi note 4: kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

Well I don't mind better options, maybe I wait up until something 600-series phone with 10nm soc comes up.

You do that pajeet, you do that

What is the difference between Redmi 5 plus and redmi note 4? Which one should I get?

5S when they release them outside of China

Would someone recommend me a phone that runs the latest version of android, has expandable SD storage, and is rootable? I only listen to music and occasionally browse websites (obviously excluding making calls) on my current phone so I wouldn't need anything too beefy. I'm a cheap-ass and I refuse to spend over $150-200 for a phone and that budget is already pushing it. Any "dumb" phones that would fit my needs? Thanks in advance to whoever can help me find my holy grail.

If you're not in the US the Xiaomi Mi A1 is on Oreo now, has a card slot, is rootable (the unlocking is annoying but still manageable).

Specs can be found here:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1-8776.php

Get a better keyboard, for one. Holy shit I hate touchpal so fucking much.

I've considered my options and I've come down to three choices:

1. zte blade z max
2. xiaomi redmi note 4x
3. blackview s8 4g

I went with these becauase they had good specs and were affordable. Which of these do you think I should go for? Should I hold out for any newer models that are coming out? Are any of these unusable in the US?

Avoid Xiaomi models with an X in the model name, usually that means that they are specifically for the Chinese market.

I think only the blade Z Max is useable
Just get a Honor 7X for $200 and shut the fuck up already

I prefer v30+ but s8+ is still solid

I have htc one m8 and blade runner theme on my phone and I don't want something similar to my next phone. Does HTC themes works on other phones also? Or how I can get something similar to my next phone?

Torilla tavataan jumalauta!

At least get 6s mate.

>just upgraded to IOS 11 a few days ago because i'm sick of being asked to install it once a day
>everything feels a little slower
>usually at ~30% battery by end of the day, now i'm at 10% by the end of the day

fuck, it wasn't a meme. definitely going android next time

Anyone have experience with the Droid Turbo 2? I need to fix the charging port but don't want to pay out the ass for repairs. How easy is it to swap it out? I have basic soldering skills.

Meanwhile I am sitting on my budget Mi phone on the development version of the manufacturer's ROM and it's buttery smooth. Have the December security patch too.

>flashed a recent miui rom
>won't let me unlock bootloader anymore
i'm tired

Anyone tried if HTC 10 or M9 battery fits to M8?

Who /future/ here?

Anywhere I could look up battery dimensions? I was wondering if I can fit htc 10 battery to my m8.

Heard 8.1 wreck standby battery. Is it true?

I am in the US. Is it some network bullshit being the reason the phone wouldn't work here or would I have to import one? Thanks for your suggestion, though.

>create the perfect weather app
>doesn't make a widget for it

g000000000000gle

anyone?

Just look at youtube.

Is the personalized sound profile worth setting up on the note 8? How is a bunch of beeps supposed to make my shit sound better?

i have a 6s and i just want the most battery possible so im considering getting an 8 plus instead of an x just because of it
i love the phone but the battery wasnt even good from the start

Twice as much anal penetration and 5x the soy

My dad broke the port on his too, he just uses wireless charging now

Is blokada a good ad-blocker?

I don't have root.

Am I going to make it? Gotta go another day

Alright bros, my pixel 2 was supposed to be delivered today but someone in my shit hole neighborhood must have stolen or because it wasn't on my door step when I arrived home tonight after work. What can I do to either
A. find my package or
B. Have Google send me another one since these things seem impossible to track.
I'm fucking pissed I'm phoneless after my iPhone se shit the bed. Any help would be super appreciated

*breathes in* HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT

>not getting something like that shipped to your place of work

Are you living in a first world country and think that world is a paradise? I would never ship anything to my doorstep even if it's 3$ dildo from aliexpress

There's really nothing you can do about it outside of buying another phone. There's no way to prove that it was stolen and you're not just trying to get another phone from them for free.

most of the time, their phone companie offers some kind of upgrade deal as long as they go with them for another 2 yr contact

Just call Google Play Device support phone number, and let them know the phone wasn't there. Also, it's literally the same day, why don't you wait a day or two and see if it got held up somewhere. Google is very accepting of these things.

>leaving the package on the doorstep
What fucking shit-tier shipping service does this?

DHL makes me sign up for delivery, and if I'm not there, they either leave the package with a neighbor or return it to the local office for me to pick up

About to install LOS on my new Redmi note 4
Should I be using the "Add More Zips" thing to add GApps, or do I just repeat the process after installing the lineage zip with the Gapps zip before rebooting? Instructions are slightly unclear. Probably both work, but I figured I'd ask first.

Add the gapps package before you reboot. It wont work if you do it after. Also a good time to grab magisk for root and other plugins.

Yeah, add more zips should work for that.

Not the same phone, but I added Gapps after I installed Lineage. Works fine.

Should I get a Huawei P10?

Apparently it was just USPS delivering the package

Yeah I'll call customer support in the morning

Wouldn't Google be forced to side with me in a situation like this? I know Amazon usually sides with the buyer.

Just living in Oregon, I expected the delivery person to put the package in my mailbox but the delivery tracking says that the phone was left on my front porch for some fucking reason.

Epic

Probably not unless you don't use your phone at all.

Redmi Note 4/4X or Mi A1 ? Which is more future proof?

Is Note 8 the best smartphone on the market right now? Price isn't an issue. I'm looking to get a new phone. What's the best one with the best screen.

Mi A1 got Android One and easier to unlock bootloader so that one. Modded GCam does wonder to the camera.

Pretty much. If you like features then go Note 8. iPhone X if you're accustomed with Apple.

How about Mi A1 vs Moto G5S Plus?