Well well, those are some nice passwords, Intelfriends!

Well well, those are some nice passwords, Intelfriends!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/lavados/status/948716579801493506
twitter.com/misc0110/status/948706387491786752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nigger what the fuck am I seeing here?

lol

>secretpwd0
kek

Snippets from memory, and OP is trying to infer that he read the information through the vulnerabilities around intel CPUs that have been getting lots of attention lately.

A demonstration of Firefox's "encrypted" passwords being read by Meltdown.
twitter.com/lavados/status/948716579801493506

All I see is stars

Not trolling but does ANYONE actually let their browser save passwords? Its such a terrible idea.

It works in real time too!
twitter.com/misc0110/status/948706387491786752

Damn.

yeah, but with a master password, which encrypts the file they're stored in.

I stopped after loosing a hdd many years ago. I thought about what shit could fuck me and the first thing that came to mind was all the passwords saved in firefox. Never again.

dammit they stole my password
hunter2

yes because I use AMD

but my understanding is that doesn't help in this case because the sploit is able to literally read memory out of L1 cache, where your pw would be unencrypt

>storing passwords in browsers

yes, it doesn't protect against the exploit, if it gets decrypted and then read by it.
But it does protect against people opening your browser settings, malware stealing your password files, and so on.
I mean this post implied as if it was generally a horrible idea, but I think it's only bad if you don't use a master password If instead you'd use something like KeePass or NoPass or LastPass, truecrypt and so on, they could all be rekd by the exploit as well.

> storing passwords in CPU registers

But it's so convienient.

>But it does protect against people opening your browser settings, malware stealing your password files, and so on.
If someone has read access to your home directory to begin with, consider everything in it compromised, regardless of what encryption you might've used on the files in it.

>Letting your browser store your password

only for shit sites that don't really matter