Sup Sup Forums. First time posting here, I'm a /sci/, /fit/ and /biz/ fag. Thanks for helping, if you can

Sup Sup Forums. First time posting here, I'm a /sci/, /fit/ and /biz/ fag. Thanks for helping, if you can.

I got hacked this morning. My gmail, ebay and paypal account got compromised and they bought for 1800$ of shit from Russia. I got all my money back but now I am paranoid because some people are probably in my devices as I'm writing this.

I deleted almost all of my accounts online and I will create new one. I want to make everything in a safe way and I presume encryption is the way to go but I don't know shit about it.

I bought an external HDD but I'm afraid of transferring my important files right now just in case. What should I do ? Should I use an anti-virus to scan all of my important files and then transfer them ? If yes, which one should I use ? I can pay for it, I don't mind.

And then, what steps should I take ? Should I reinstall windows on both of my computers, and install encryption methods as soon as possible on them ? And where should I learn the basics about encryptions ? Is there a good place to learn that is better than the others ?

Also, are there anything important I should know about encryption and how to be safe on the Internet ? I think I'm generally safe, I don't browse sketchy websites except four chainz.

Thanks a lot for your help.

-A technology illiterate fucker

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/misc0110/status/948706387491786752
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did you use the same password for all three, was it insecure...?

No, and they are complex passwords. But some people from different countries have tried to access my gmail for months now. Changed my password everytime. Also, one day, they tried to access two of my email accounts in 2 minutes, and one email was almost never used. So I presume they somehow hacked into my computer and found this email somewhere, because I almost never used it.

How complex your passwords are? Give me an example.

1) Install a GNU/Linux dsitro (Like linux mint)

2) Use a password manager and use different passwords for every site

3) Delete all your accounts and make new ones

Not related just a good tip
---
4) REMEMBER TO DO FUCKING BACKUOS

K8ihgYt4 , things like that

And how you remember these?

use passphrases, they are more secure

I like to play some videogames sometimes, and I've already read about Linux but unfortunately it wouldn't allow me to play the games I want. I know I can emulate a windows computer to play, but apparently it doesn't work very well. Can I still be safe using Windows or I really have to install Linux ?

I'll install Linux if I have to, I prefer security over gaming now kek

These passwords can be cracked in an hour.
remember one long 12-16 character random password to unlock your password manager and use the password manager to create 32 characters or more passwords.

btw. keepass is a good password manager

You talk so much about programming, but you cant talk about hacking because you cant actually do anything. I run a hacked network of computers that I programmed to click on googles ads in my secret website. I even write my own viruses to make people get hacked into my network. I work at home and have a bunch of screens showing me what people on my network are doing on their screens. I can even set it so that i can see the code of their computers. can you guys do any of that? I dont think so. I bet you dont know where all the websites real hackers hang out are either? if you name them, I just might tell them that marshviperX sent you

Thanks for the tip man. But gmail, ebay and paypal does not allow someone to try many passwords at once, so how is it possible for a hacker to crack my pw on those sites ? It would take years if they can just try 5 passwords at a time, wouldn't it ?

Thanks again

You are way more safe using GNU/Linux and there is now a few thousands games, there is a few big games missing tough like Grand Theft Auto and Overwatch that can't be run with wine.

For most other games they either have a native linux port or can be run in wine.

Wine is a compatibility layer not an emulator and allows you to run much windows software including games with near native performance (sometime better)

twitter.com/misc0110/status/948706387491786752

Set up 2FA for gmail

>64134221
God I hate this guy.

>he used an Intel CPU
oh my sweet child, encryption won't help you with Meltdown

Okay so basically I just install Linux Mint and I delete my old OS ? Do I have to install some encryptions over it, too ?

I would also highly recommend Linux.

But if there has been a breach or something in a hashed/encrypted format the cracker will download the database of hashes and crack them.

But if you used a different password on every site then its much more likely that you are infected with a virus.

I'd also reccomend using more privacy friendly services, such as Protonmail,

Just back up your important files and install a GNU/Linux distro, which will delete eberything on your hard drive (including your os) and installs the linux distro of your choise.

Just google how to install it if your are too tech illiterate to figure it out yourself

This

Forgot to mention just find a beginner/noob distro that you like on distrowatch,com, google, youtube etc.

Disconnect from internet and scan for virus/malware. Backup your data and reinstall windows just to be safe.

not him but also use an antivirus like clam.

>I know I can emulate a windows computer to play
If you're going to install GNU/Linux but still want to play games, don't do this. Just dual boot. Then you can still play your games in Windows completely separate from GNU/Linux where you do your secure work stuff.

Most of the good beginner distros are Ubuntu flavors such as Xubuntu, Kubuntu, etc. The difference is that they each come with different desktops environments. To test them out before you go all in I'd definitely recommend using a VM first. If you ever have any more questions, be sure to ask

No one yet told him disk encryption is utterly useless for his security problems. I'm impressed, Sup Forums. Too busy shilling iPhones and whatnot I guess.

So OP, you wanna encrypt your pc if you are afraid someone could take your drives while they are powered off. In that case encryption helps a fuckton, but if someone has pyshical access to your stuff, you're beyond fucked anyway.

What you need is starting to develop a security oriented browsing habit, to stop using those stupid passwords and start using very long phassprases you can remember (learn about entropy and you will understand why "Hyde?&^z" is more likely to get cracked than "I love cute thicc anime girls, do you?".

Use Firefox, use security add-ons, enable 2 step verification in your accounts. You can do plenty even if you don't wanna go Linux. Screw password managers, if you have a keylogger in your pc it won't matter.

As of now offline backup your data, format and reinstall Windows. If you wanna think super paranoid they could have injected code into your jpegs metadata and execute it as you put them back on, but I'd recommend a therapist at that point, cause that's very unlikely to happen.

There is no antivirus that will keep you safe from yourself, by the way.

If you think your smartphone is compromised to you need to do the same and factory reset it, as it could screw your two-step protection anyway.

If you need further help go to tomshardware (pc) and xda (phone) forums. Pajeets await to serve you.

Good luck

Fuck off brainlet hope you lose everything

/fit/ will miss you if you install lenoox.

But his problem is there is someone who have infected him with a virus/keylogger or some shit and he is clearly too fucking dumb to avoud grtting cuck fucked if he is using windows and he would most likely be infected again if he don't switch to a secure operating system like GNU/Linuxm BSD etc.

and it is free software which is the only ethical thing to use

GNU/Linux*
> Implying i care

Ignore anyone telling you to use Linux. Yes, Linux is more secure, but that's not why they're telling you to use it. They're trying to exploit you for comedy, or maybe they're just full on shitposting.

A lot of sites are run by utter dipshits and they ENFORCE a maximum password length of 8-10 characters. It's total insanity and I know that site is vulnerable when I see that shit. I assume my shit is in plaintext.

This, fuck these cunts.

this or YOU are the one shitposting. Fuck, I hate you guys sometimes hahaha

I am running scans right now. Should I run more than one scan, just to be sure ? I am actually using McAfee, Kaspersky and Avast. Maybe this is stupid as fuck to do but I have no idea, I presumed it would be better as I would have better chances of catching viruses

They're all shit, use norton or bitdefender.

OP, use MalwareBytes antivirus. It helped me a fuckton

Norton is shit. Use MalwareBytes, OP

this

is it even common for people to get "hacked" like in some movie? I thought most security breaches for regular users is from social engineering, keyloggers, or some site kept your password in plaintext and you used it for everything.

>backup your important shit to an external drive
>install a normie friendly GNU/Linux distro like mint with and install it over your windows install
>setup iptables to block all incoming connections
>install firefox with umatrix/ublock origin and learn how to use them properly
>use a password manager with a long master password you can remember, don't write it down or save it anywhere on your machine, use randomly generated passwords and 2fa for everything else
>use a paid VPN service that you can fairly trust to not keep any logs (I use airvpn myself)
>full disk encryption with a dummy OS
>for the love of god update your system regularly

That's pretty much as safe as you can get while not going full autism, i was going to add tips on setting up your home network and FOSS android securely but It's 6am and i need to shower.