spanish
> what languages have you learned
english, some french
> how/why did you learn them
in school
> what languages do you wish to learn
german
> what method of language learning do you recommend to other anons
teach yourself books edited by leonard cutts german (in google drive resources)
> have you ever tried to make a conlang
i thought about it but havent really tried
> post qts playing guitar
youtube.com/watch?v=eX55VFYZZ5I

1. English
2. English
3. Because im American
4. None; just more English
5. The American way
6. No.
7. No.

Etats-Unians are the greatest people of the planet.

>> native language
Dutch
>> what languages have you learned
German, English
>> how/why did you learn them
School, tv, reading, holidays
>> what languages do you wish to learn
None
>> what method of language learning do you recommend to other anons
Get interested in the history of a country, read wiki pages and history books
Like a couple of newspapers in the language you want to learn and read a few news articles per week in depth. This really works quite well.
Watch some movies with subtitles
>> have you ever tried to make a conlang
>> post qts playing guitar

>> native language
German
>> what languages have you learned
English, (Latin)
>> how/why did you learn them
20% School, 80% Internet
>> what languages do you wish to learn
Russian, Chinese, Dutch, (Arabic)
>> what method of language learning do you recommend to other anons
Get basics, try to talk to yourself in imaginative situations, read books (written in the foreign language ofc)
Was involved in the shitposting lang, still have the first 5 threads open in my tabs

>> native language
Peace.
Esperanto.
For world intercommunication.
Literature!
The correct term is "planlingvo".
youtube.com/watch?v=TgYBJmwtf8U

>tfw shitty computer crashed and lost origin thread of nuchnat

>still have the first 5 threads open in my tabs
fuck they reloaded after I just checked them, now they're 505
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:(

> qts
youtube.com/watch?v=yDEzRZwJeow
youtube.com/watch?v=tEKBFGPcj2I
youtube.com/watch?v=dFTe4hQ8i7c

pretty 可爱

youtube.com/watch?v=RD8atWdn4jY

posting what i have

Not sure, but I think the Kazakh posted that pic

btw, is there still an official thread or did u guys just integrate it into this one?

im posting what i have saved, i did make these

>native language
English
>what languages have you learned
Esperanto, Toki Pona
>how/why did you learn them
They're easy languages lel.
>what languages do you wish to learn
The list is pretty big, but I guess the main ones I want to learn are Lojban, Dutch, or Russian. I don't know if I'll ever learn them though.
>have you ever tried to make a conlang
Nope, but it sounds like fun.
>post qts playing guitar
Vidu la bildon.

Nice flag, too.

there hasnt been many new threads this week
looks like people are going back to school

I obviously knew that, gz you passed the test

> espiranto
> toki pona
why not learn nuchnat

To be honest, the marker system got all to complicated for me.
However I still got all the links. Maybe I'll learn it some time

aren't markers semi optional with basic sentences

> native language
English English
Latin, Greek, French, Russian, Irish, Sanskrit, Old English, Mandarin, Classical Arabic
They're interesting and pass the time
Sanskrit more fully
Read books, stay away from the internet
Ithkuil is the pinnacle, and nothing can surpass it

Markers in general are alright. But when we were working on the shitlang it always went like:
"Well we have no way of expressing X"
"Yeah, lets just use the marker sdbo for that"

Would a german be able to understand me if I don't talk as fast as native german speakers?

i had the idea last year while sitting in class to attempt to create a conlang without any verbs
would that be possible

Why shouldn't he?

I usually can't understand people that talk too slowly in english or spanish.

What'd you use for Old English and Sanskrit? I'm really interested in those languages.

Nah, If clearly pronounced, I don't see no problem

>I'm multilingual. Esperanto, Klingon, Lojban, I'm currently learning superior Ithkuil. I'll leave pathetically inferior """"natural""""" languages to the deluded normies

t. Tolkien

Why 'used for'? Because they're there.

Sanskrit because it's really, really, really fucking difficult.

>Sanskrit because it's really, really, really fucking difficult.
So basically to impress people?
>nah I just like to test my limits
alright m8

> Telling anyone I'm learning Sanskrit
First, most people wouldn't have a clue what a 'sanskrit' was. Secondly, I would never reveal my power level so easily.

So you're the type of person who's just waiting to lose an argument, just to save himself with the polyglot card?

You're over-thinking things, Hans. Just chill.

I'm replying to a languages thread with 'I'm learning Sanskrit and it's really difficult'.

You just walked right into my trap. Yes you heard right, the whole time you were thinking you're a meta level above me, when in fact I was the one trolling you.
Hahahaha how you feelin now bruh?

i know this is autistic but has anyone ever thought of attempting to create their own voynich manuscript

> I am the recipient of the fabled German humour
I am complete.

Why? When real languages are infinitely more interesting?

> native language
guarani
english, spànish
i need to understand them for buying food and cute things
portuguese
interpals.net
no
idk if she is a qt but is the type of woman who can play guitar here

>make up random signs
>"yet no one has decrypted this mystical text"

Yup

> why
i have a theory that by participating in extreme autistic activity it can be possible to release all of your autism get a gf

Yes, I would love to.

Then you're on the right track. Learning different languages is literally the most autistic thing you can do. It's what causes Europeans to be so awful.

doesnt asia have a history of everyone learning chinese as a part of a proper edducation

I actually want to. Maybe I'll learn it when it's closer to completion.

youtube.com/watch?v=yhg5m0Xy6ss

Is this a retarded person or esperanto just sounds like that?

how long does it take to learn chinese

Depends on your memory. Chinese grammar is one of the simplest ever, the only real barriers are the retarded tonal-based pronunciation and a gorillion lolograms to remember.

Tones are easier than the sounds themselves imo

Fadeno pro multlingveco kaj ĉio estas je la angla. Kia fekaĵo!

pri multlingveco*

have you learned it

English spelling is so convoluted that it can barely be called an alphabet. Reading English is mainly recognizing memorized groups of letters, not reading them phoneme by phoneme.. English is a logography.

I've studied it, although I haven't "learned" it
The tones actually make listening comprehension easier. Like, it's just even more hints on what the words might be. If you took out the tones you would just have a bunch of homophones, but with homophones you can still usually tell which is which given context. The tone just makes it easier.

Now pronouncing them is harder but there's other bullshit like xu vs shu to worry about

> tfw english spelling will never be reformed because it is such an important language in everyday life that the world would fall apart if it was changed

Will learning French get me a gf

Help what conlang do I learn?

I'm getting familiar with lojban's grammar right now, it's interesting but of course mostly useless. And from an intellectual appreciation standpoint I'm more inclined towards the mission statement of ithkuil; being a work of art that answers the question "'if human beings WERE in possession of the necessary memory/recall capacity and mental flexibility to manipulate language in a manner that allows for the ultimate in nuanced semantic expression, using a highly systematic, quasi-oligosynthetic grammar based on a lexicon based more closely on cognitive universals (rather than culturally arbitrary semantic stems), what would that language look like?'", something not designed to actually be learned.

I mean, I could go for Esperanto I just think I'd lose interest, it's not exotic enough. Maybe that sounds stupid but it's half the fun for me.

You should go for Esperanto for the community and experience. Many Esperantists speak multiple conlangs. Esperanto is fun, easy, and is viewed by many as baby's first conlang.

>going back to school

Yep.

I really do miss the threads despite their non popularity, and the language itself was really cool. Though again I'd still vote for poledialect, the one he outlined in that nice latex document, with some modifications but still I liked the non-verbosity.

if you become a french teacher you can have your students suck your cock to help them with pronunciation

I. It hard a language with only nouns. Maybe you this, but probably not.

I do not at all believe your claim about languages you've learned. Though if it were true it would be very impressive and also inspiring. Tell me something that would make be believe you.

She is deliberately overacting. Also, based on her channel, she is a Kotava supporter.

Pardonu min.

Esperanto is great if you want to get laid, but Lojban and Ithkuil are more intellectually rewarding.

The Lojban community is shit though, so just stick to the official grammar book. They always want to tinker with the language, which confuses nintadni (new-students).

> Help what conlang do I learn?
the shitposter's conlang

language for shitposting created by Sup Forums
pastebin.com/ADXBtcAA
quizlet.com/Kokok123

work of art that answers the question "if Sup Forums attempted to create a language for shitposting which had a flexible word order and could be equally as easy for people from anywhere to learn and use, what would this form of condensed autism called a language look like?"

it has a semiexotic yet simple verb conjugation system and grammar

>nuchnat

Nothing comes up on Google

What is this?

i way thinking about adding cases which express things like being in a static state or state of motion, being concrete or abstract, and being in the present past or future as well as location

I didn't watch the whole video, but a lot of it wasn't Esperanto.

Ja estas fekaĵo. Ni komencu babili alilingve!

Kiom longe vi scipovas paroli esperante?

A language created by some Sup Forums posters. Some links about it are in OP's post.

its our secret conlang
>pastebin.com/ADXBtcAA

more information in OPs post

>Native language plus bits of Talian (some local Venetian/Italian/Portuguese mix my grandpa used to talk with)

>Learned
English - games, music and books taught me. There were obligatory classes but they're shit. My pronunciation is shit, but to be quite honest I think my grammar is pretty good.

French - enough to read a newspaper. Decent-ish pronunciation. I studied it for ~3 semesters.

Latin - bits of. I can use the case system correctly, and I remember the most common declensions (1st, 2nd non-neuter, 2nd neuter), but my vocab is missing, ironies of life.

German - I'm studying it currently, through the normal means (classes). It's going fine, my pronunciation isn't native-like but quite understandable.

Italian - informally studying. It's kinda the reverse of English for me - my grammar is still shit, my vocab is lacking, but damn, I got some sweet pronunciation.

Polish - I studied it informally a fair bit. Not enough to make simple sentences, but it's kinda easy to both pronounce and use the case system.

>Learning wishlist
Besides improving the above: Russian, Sanskrit, Arabic (either MSA or Quranic, dunno), a Sinitic one (Mandarin?) and Koine Greek.

>Language learning method
Bug the natives the most you can. Lurk in their threads, try to avoid Anglo and your native Wikipedia to look for info, find something you enjoy in the language (music, comics)...

>Colang
Yup, it's called Sinpjo. Phonology and most grammar done. Vocab missing.

> native language
English
English
Australia mate
Russian, Polish
Duolingo, Find a qt to talk to from the country
???

Ĉirkaŭ du jarojn. Kio pri vi?

guys I want to get into this cool shitposting lenguaje but all these guides are to fucking retarted cant understan a shite pls halp i want into meme lenguage too :^(

> Sinpjo
have you posted about it on Sup Forums before

>???
It means, "have you ever attempted glossopoeia?"

>the lojban community is shit
Yeah, was pretty disillusioned when I discovered this.

> Find a qt to talk to from the country
best method

Ne traduku esperimojn alilingve. Mi komprenas ĝin ĉar mi ankaŭ estas usonano. Eble logike eksterlandano povus kompreni ĝin tamen esprimoj povas esti baroli kontraŭ glata komunikado.
mi komencis antaŭ kelkaj monatoj, frue ĉi-jare.

>French - enough to read a newspaper. Decent-ish pronunciation. I studied it for ~3 semesters.
Goddamn it always amazes me how easy European languages are such that classes actually get you somewhere

It's easy to learn if you're actively participating in its creation, I agree the guides can be kinda hard to understand and also despite what the one guy says there isn't any standard for it yet.

which parts dont you understand

I was a moderator of /r/Lojban but they removed me for actually moderating. :\

For a non-shitty version of that subreddit, visit /r/LearnLojban instead.

Yes... I posted the Schleicher's fable, but I think I posted it in Cyrillic (default alphabet). Here's the Latin version (read AEIOU as in Spanish and J as Y):

arje gen zero rana sjate fupe parko ekwo, ojno ekwo fuko porto arba gen murto masa, kwe sjate ojno ekwo porto andro. arje sekwe tor ekwo ke moh "kardjo de ego predi porto pida, hora sjate andro in porto ekwo" hom. Ekwo sekwe moh "in sekwe, arje, kardjo de tuto ego predi porto pida, hora sjate andro aws domino ergon rana de arje tor humas gen gare tor iro, kwe arje gen zero rana". hora arje in fupe sekwe res, arje kersu tor tjanje.

The vocab is still Latin, I'm planning to add some Arabic, Sanskrit, Greek and Old Chinese to the mix, though.

Speaking a related language and French having a somewhat conservative spelling helps a lot.

Are you shanoxilt? If so you're a real shitter.

Why does everyone try to make fake languages that seem so normal

Go make one with clicks and lip smacks and foot gestures and some shit

>Go make one with clicks and lip smacks and foot gestures and some shit
>t. working class scum who never took linguistics 101

>Ne traduku esperimojn alilingve.
Se vi aludas al "kio pri vi", tiu esprimo uziĝas en la retpaĝaro Lernu, do ĝi ne estas alilingva afero. Tamen vi pravas pri aliaj esprimoj.

>mi komencis antaŭ kelkaj monatoj, frue ĉi-jare.
Vi parolas tre bone!

Fuck you.

I'm the only moderator who actually posted anything. The rest just sat on their asses doing fuck all.

Eble tiu lernu-a frazo estis ankaŭ verkita per usonano.

Mi parolus pli bone se mi havis la eblecon de uzi ĝin ekterinterrete. Bedaŭrinde mi loĝas en malgranda universitata urbeto tro for de respektinde granda urbo.

alraitght boddy, say I want to say "your mother is a whore" (just as an example) how do I say 'your', how do I say 'mom' or 'mother' or 'whore' how do you even say something "is, was, will be" will it be liek in spanish were we have like a fuck ton of different verb conguglations "se, son, ser, seras, seria, serian, fue, fueron, fuese, fuesen, fuiste, fueras, fueron, seran," and more than I dont even remember,
SO MANY CUESTON WHERE TO START
DO YOU HAVE ADIRECT DICTIONARY OR SOMETHING YET??