/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888545-REG/Auray_eps_mdr7506_Genuine_Sheepskin_Leather_Earpads.html
youtu.be/sZQzOIAKTqI
youtu.be/y1B8vXlH5l4
innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-noise-canceling-headphones-pxc-550-wireless-hd-45-btnc-hd1-wireless-and-hd1-ear
amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>miku

DAC mythologists are fucking retarded.

So here's my situation. Looking for a new pair of headphones and these are the ones people are selling locally that catch my attention:

1. AKG K240 - $50
2. Pioneer monitor 10 - $40
3. Audio Technica AD-900x - $95

Which of these are the best quality for the best value? I can probably talk the people down to sell it at 60-70% the price their looking for, whichever one I end up going for.

>/hpg/ - Clarity Edition

Also,

Sennheiser HD 598 - $70

*anime posters

anime website

>being so new to the website and to anime in general that you can't post anywhere on the internet without anime
you'll learn and stop doing it eventually

WooAudio WA7 Firefly. Is it worth the upgrade over my ODAC/O2? Using Sennheiser HD800s

I won't and you'll like it :^)

Out of those AD900X and HD598 fore sure, i won th AD900X not bad in my opinion but if i could have only one i'd go with the HD598.
Do check if they don't have the HD558 though, it's cheaper and sound almost exactly the same as the HD598.

Jesus, where do you live to get such nice prices?

Can you clarify how they affect the sound?
I've had them on my 7506 for years without noticing anything but I could just be used to them

Here's the difference between the 7506 and EDT250 pads measured on a 7506. tl;dr: It sucks out the bass from an already bright headphone.
Velour/cloth pads will almost always be more bass-light than leather/pleather pads, and V6/7506 are not headphones which need to be any brighter. Hence, why I recommend those sheepskin leather pads. They should be more durable and more comfortable than the stock pads without sucking out the bass.

Good post, thanks

Are there any good over eae Bluetooth headphones with AptX, decent battery life, and a foldable design from a reputable brand for $100 or less?

>measured on a 7506
Might be measured on a CD900ST actually. Frequency response looks like a CD900ST, but it does say 7506_near in the upper right. Could be a 7506 with a really weird compensation or measurement rig. Google can't find a match for the image, so I can't track down a source.
If it is a CD900ST measurement the acoustic effect of the pads on the V6/7506 should be equivalent since the physical designs of V6, 7506 and CD900ST are so similar.

From the past thread. Any help is appreciated.

Any pad change will change the sound. Just going by eye it looks like bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888545-REG/Auray_eps_mdr7506_Genuine_Sheepskin_Leather_Earpads.html would fit the MSR7.

Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT if you're not some retard that thinks moar bass=better

More bass does equal better though. Flat sound profile is code for tinny and shit.

Refer to this guide.

youtu.be/sZQzOIAKTqI

Where can I cop those high end speakers he was using?

In that case just buy some beats and listen to the following to your hearts content

youtu.be/y1B8vXlH5l4

598/579 are best. k240 is hard to drive and not that comfy, 900x has odd fit and poor build.

Fuck fuck fuck out my way! hot shit coming through!

oh it's hot?

So I did it. Got myself the sennheiser 598's.

I wear glasses and this shit ain't comfortable after a couple uses. Does it get better?

should have bought an ma900

Should have bought some beats

Should have bought a skull candy roc nation

I live in Downey, this is just the stuff being offered nearby

Should have bought something from insignia

>Southern California
As I thought. Stolen shit.

ad900x and then slap some ad2000 drivers in them

Should have bought some apple ear pods

Should have bought some second hand apple ear buds from the original iPod

>sennheiser
>ever

Should have taken a flight on southwest and nigged the headphones

Southwest doesn't have free headphones that's bullshit

Should have bought a pair of Sony extra bass

Should have bought a Maxell HP-100

innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-noise-canceling-headphones-pxc-550-wireless-hd-45-btnc-hd1-wireless-and-hd1-ear
>Now I consider Sennheiser the world's best headphone manufacturer.

This is a stupid thing but how is a amp plugged into a computer? Is it through the aux cable?

that's terrible, but it made me laugh.

Aux(3.5mm) to RCA or get a DAC. Cables are very important, make sure to buy good quality ones.

good quality cables such as monoprice and amazonbasics

I used to live down there. It's not like I was just basing that statement on a guess. They have vans that drive around down there and sell audio equipment on the street out of the back of the van.

Should have bought a pair of turtle beaches

>They have vans that drive around down there
>they
who is they?

That's fucking garbage, coat hanger wire is cheaper and has better sound, almost endgame

Want to get the amp first then get a DAC. The magni 3 comes with appropriate cables right?

Niggers and spics

no, the only thing the magni will come with is the wall wart. you'll want something like this if you're running it from your motherboard output amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2/

>good quality cables
b2head-fi

>normie only just now watching ccs because of the sequel
not worthy

Just heard the HD800S for the first time last night and it was amazeballs. Is there a way to make my HD600 sound anywhere close with better amp and/or DAC?

a better amp/DAC won't do anything, best you could do is try to EQ to match the FR and get as close as you can to it, but you'll never be able to match that 'different' sound you get from them.

Do I even need a a DAC if plugging directly to the motherboard doesn't sound bad? Will I notice bad mobo sounds with an amp?

a DAC will just fix bad mobo sound, so to answer your question, no.

I was thinking of getting Antlion Audio USB Adapter because I don't hear anything from mobo and I want something that I can just plug my headphones and mic into.

Is there a version of this that has a third port for speakers?

Should have gotten HD600, the best headphones on the planet.

Should have bought some amazon basics

For the WA7 amp should I get the regular PSU or the Tube Amp power supply? (Wa7tp), It's an extra 600 dollars

there's a reason why nobody buys woo audio anymore

Reminder that schiit products are worse than chink shit

What's that reason

regardless of the price their products are garbage, they look nice and that's all they have going for them.

Explain.

turns any headphone into a muddy mess with flabby bass and smeared over detail

Yet others say they're clean. My only question was if the upgrade to the WA7tp was worth it over the regular WA7. Im not sure how a power supply with tubes added can make a difference over the regular "solid state" one

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Nice OP. It'll probably last longer than the improper previous thread. Cute girls a must.
Adorable honk. Correct choice of media player and anime to watch. Nice DAC skepticism. Not so nice in the form unfortunately.
Honoka wouldn't be happy.

Best open headphone for gaming with budget around 200 dollars?

is it the hd 599?

Redpill me on this.

>HD599
Definitely not
>Best open headphone for gaming with budget around 200 dollars?
dt880, k702, hd579.

HD6XX

HD6xx from massdrop. They destroy everything else at $200
Seconded.

>est shipping: mar 28

whats the alternative choice/?

nothing can quite get at the level of the HD6XX, even up to the $300-400 price range

Patience, pretty much. The HD6xx is the right choice.

>ironic normie otaku still pretending to like anime

yikes desu

Your opinions on this?

>$15
>fashion phones

Most likely they're bad.

Just got my Sivga SV007 and some Fabric HM5 pads

Amazing build quality for the price. Sounds great as well. Stock pads are pretty good but the ear holes tend to be a bit small.

If getting iems get chinese ones.

I don't know where else to ask.
I need speakers. My monitor ones sound like crap and don't get loud enough. I'm not an audiophile, just want something that sounds decent.
Is there a point for me to get something like amp + MB42X / B652 air? Logitech z323 for half the price also comes with a subwoofer.

hows it going nogs

Hi fellow nog

hey glue user

Fuck all you retards endlessly shilling the HD6xx/ HD600.
Sure, they provide very accurate sound, but they are just NEUTRAL. THEY'RE FUCKING BORING AS FUCK TO LISTEN TO.
So yeah, fuck you guys and kill yourselves

t. audio pleb

t. clueless moron

Had one last year. Didn't even last 6 months when the right ear piece went off. If you go online and check the common complaints, the earphones doesn''t usually last longer than 7 months.

>accurate
Stop mixing "neutral" and "accurate" those are different things.

is a Little Dot Mk3 worth it for my dt880 premiums? Or is 'tube sound' just a load of shit? Also looking at O2/ODAC combo maybe

Are they that good? Seems that the popular consensus is that the HD600 is more neutral.

>k240 is hard to drive
No it's not. 55 ohms impedance and 91d B/mW sensitivity.
Hell, even the older 600 ohm model isn't that impossible to drive as some meme maister reviewers make it out to be. Not something you can properly drive with a phone, but they don't exactly require nuclear powerplants either.

>not that comfy
Replace the pads.
Suspension headband bugging you? Tighten the screws behind the L & R blocks to fix the headband at desired extension.

Which is better: The Monoprice headphone amp or the Objective2?

I don't think it would be good with tubes. Go solid state like an NFB-11.28 or something

The objective2. No contest.