Intel processors being slowed down by up to 30%

>intel processors being slowed down by up to 30%
>some are suggesting that AMD is partially affected too
>apples A11 processor is already on par with intels newest i5 processors in terms of processing power, and that’s BEFORE the update

MacBook with A11 processor when?

Just imagine

>that battery life
>that price to performance
>that performance in general

Other urls found in this thread:

googleprojectzero.blogspot.de/2018/01/reading-privileged-memory-with-side.html
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/6006133?baseline=6007694
youtu.be/k9YnsC3VyPM
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You A11 fags need to stop breathing.

There is one fundamental downside:
Apple will reduce performance on your CPU by 30% with their updates.
This isn't because of a security flaw like Intel, they will do it just because they can.

NEVER.
Because it isn't on par. It gets completely raped in raw integer and floating point operations.

ARMs are partially affected by it as well
googleprojectzero.blogspot.de/2018/01/reading-privileged-memory-with-side.html

That’s related to phone battery life though and could be solved by replacing the battery. This is much less applicable to laptops, which have much longer battery cycles than phones, and not applicable at all to desktops.

Should add this to your post.
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/6006133?baseline=6007694

No, it's been confirmed that Apple does this because of planned obsolescence.

DELET PLZ

[citation needed]

Theyll just deprecate macbooks in favor of iPad pro.
Maybe theyll invent iPad Air Pro or something, it'll have a bigger battery and a non detachable keyboard. Then they'll do an iPad Pro Desktop, which will be non touchsreen iPad Pro which looks like an iMac. mark my words

Please stop shitposting. It has been well documented that the CPU throttling is directly related to the state of the battery, and geekbench scores have confirmed that the processor will return to normal once the battery has been replaced.

Why do you feel the need to lie?

t. Apple shill

t. Dishonest loser who needs to lie on Sup Forums to support his brand.

See

youtu.be/k9YnsC3VyPM

There are no segments of that test where the iPhone X is dominated by the MacBook Pro. Both devices have relatively small edges in some areas, with the iPhone X being ahead overall.

I remember a shill on here the other day saying the iPhone X only did so well because it had an advantage in AWS, but I see hat is not the case.

The iPhone will slow down its CPU if the battery is degraded. Soon the iPhone will tell the user exactly the condition of their battery and of the CPU is being throttled.

Once the iPhones battery is replaced, the CPU will return to normal. This has been confirmed by many examples and anybody can google it.

2 rupees have been deposited into your account :^)

>There are no segments of that test where the iPhone X is dominated by the MacBook Pro
>i didnt look at SGEMM and SFFT

Reminder to report the iToddler OP for spamming and ban evasion.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

>>intel processors being slowed down by up to 30%
>>some are suggesting that AMD is partially affected too
Still a thousand orders of magnitude faster than anything Applel has shat out.

A 33% difference in multi ore SGEMM and a 10% difference in SFTT. That’s not really huge considering the iPhone X has thee edge overall. You’re going to need to do some more convincing if you think that difference in those two benchmarks counteracts the rest of the test.

>replying seriously to iToddler shills

>actually uses gookbench as a source
This is how we know you're a technology illiterate troglodyte.

Seems awfully convenient to limit performance based on something that can't be replaced by the end user.

This. The battery lasting slightly longer is just a side-effect of their planned obsolescence throttling.

How will iToddlers ever recover?

>Apple users are literally mentally deranged
Not surprised.

Wrong, the throttling is designed to stop system shutdowns and the issue can be solved by replacing the battery for 29 dollars

Apple also updates their phones for 5 years, unlike android who does so for 2 years, contradicting your hypothesis.

>A 33% difference in multi ore SGEMM and a 10% difference in SFTT.
>multi [c]ore
Yeah, and the A11 has six real cores (two big four small) while the i5 has two real cores (+2 hyperthreads). In single core the A11 gets absolutely stomped in both.

Sure, just add more cores to match the actual performance of a general purpose processor! And the power consumption.

/thread

>Apple also updates their phones for 5 years, unlike android who does so for 2 years, contradicting your hypothesis.
iToddler, stop it.

Before this whole big thing happened normies would have never even thought to replace battery there is no feed back that shows battery health. People are just going to go my phone is slow and there's a shiny new one out fuck this old thing and toss it.

>the state of iCuckolds

Same is true of androids when their phone starts crashing. Who cares anyway, this isn’t relevant to this thread. You are desperately trying to distract from the power of A11 processors.

>t-the benchmarks where the i5 wins are the only ones that matter!!!1!

Bear in mind this is a low power phone processor too. If apple extended their A11 processor and designed once for macOS they could extend their lead.

There is more to it than that. A11 is not a bad chip but it needs to be released in proper configuration on an actual desktop mobo with proper caches and comparable transistor count. Now if it scales well then great but the absence of arm on desktop makes me suspect that it doesnt actually scale that well.

Why is Apple such a fucking joke?

>geek bench scores
PHONEPOSTERS

This.

Wow, some Forbes guy. I will just trust everything he says and ignore that Geekbench is the most used benchmark.

>m-muh geekbench is unreliable!!

You idiots would be lapping up geekbench if it showed your poverty snapdragon 835 in a good light.

>applebench
This is why itoddlers are ridiculed as technology illiterate troglodytes.

>an apple benchmark sloppily portedto other platforms is totally objective!!!!111
iToddlerism.

When a benchmark shows results you don’t like, imply that it is somehow tied to Apple or biased towards gem, despite it having existed for several year and there being no evidence of this.

The itoddler has now resorted to trying to hide applebench's origins. lmao

Geekbench is not for comparing totals, it's for the individual numbers that nobody seems to give a shit about. Some stats are mostly entirely useless in real wordl, but make up 20% of the score. Best use for geekbench is memory OC benchmarking.

Guy I'm rocking an i7 5820k
How fucked am I?

macbook with a11
>oblitarates everything on benchmarks
>comes with an apple desinged battery
>will start slowling down after one year

when reality will hit
>a11 will be slower than a athlon 631
>the battery will last 20 mins without a charger
>its already slow as fuck so why bother slowling it down more

Proof?

It is relevant, since they are going to nerf the A11 processor, just as bad as Intel.
Really the only solution is to go AMD Ryzen with GNU/Linux.

iPhones generally have a degraded battery leading to performance drop after 2-3 years.

MacBook batteries have twice the lifecycle as iPhone batteries. So that would imply 4-6 years roughly.

However when you use a MacBook while it’s plugged in you’re not using the battery. So in reality we’re talking about 6+ years, and then you can just replace the battery.

Not to mention an iMac, where this isn’t an issue at all.

False. Apart from anything, the CPU slowing feature is only in iOS not macOS so your point is invalid anyway.

Also see:

Your fallacy: argumentum ad populum

>my fallacy: argument ad populum
>but a screenshot of a Forbes guy is totally fine as an argument

I see you've learned from Soviet Propaganda and Donald Trump.
Whataboutism isn't a valid excuse.

I don't know why you want proof, but here we go.

So you’re saying that a screenshot of a Forbes guy is a valid argument, but me saying that much more people trust Geekbench isn’t?

>le epyc apple hating maymay xDDD

This is the path Apple is going. They recently made the macOS ARM kernel open source. They’re moving the iPad and MacBook closer together. They’re moving towards a unified iOS macOS AppStore.

Microsoft is already looking at making ARM laptops with windows 10, and that’s with the vastly inferior Qualcomm snapdragon 835. It’s clear Apple is planning on doing the same.

>apples A11 processor is already on par with intels newest i5 processors
In a synthetic benchmark that consistently fails to capture realistic scenarios.
Btw, if it ends in "U" it's a laptop chip. You can go back to sucking your boyfriend's dick, that's not that impressive.

Your fallacy- using high school debate knowledge to sound intelligent but still being wrong

>B815, shitty celeron
AM I SAFE?

I got good new for you gamer dude. It dose not effect you.

>MacBook with A11 processor when?

Huh? What is a computer? Why do you need to imagine anything? The iPad Pro has superseded the macbook and once it can do.. anything.. will replace the macbook.

intel shills talking the impact on intel chips
>look, it's only 1% it's literally nothing

user brings up that aws server and fsdisk benchmarks
>look, it's up to 90% but AMD has it too, look there. amd and arm. amd done goofed

user brings up amd official statement that the problems that they're affected by are neglible risk concerns or patchable with no perf impact
>lol, amd drivers. you nigga wat, house fires. pajeet, poozen. asajhgsjhgafsahvdeghfwwg

>gamer dude
Aren't most of you guys gamer dudes?

>apples A11 processor is already on par with intels newest i5 processors in terms of processing power
Mcfucking kill yourself you fucking moron

>ignore that Geekbench is the most used benchmark.
You should. Lots of people using something does not imply good quality.

But if you’re going to disagree with most of the tech industry on this benchmark, you better have a better reason than just “waahhhhh itoddlers”

>most of the tech industry
The state of itoddler delusion.

Most of the tech industry including highly prominent and respected developers like Torvalds agree geekbench is fucking trash and utterly worthless. Only clueless techbloggers and literal Apple shill rags that are paid under the table actually use that garbage.

ARM is also affected by Meltdown.

And AyyyEmmmDeeeee RYZEN macbook pro, oh wait it will be housefire regardless because Jonny the thinn dick ran out of ideas.

t. mid 2012 gaybook pro

>MacBook with A11 processor when?
Never. You already have the iPad Pro for ALL your needs. I mean, what's a computer?