Opera or Firefox?

Opera or Firefox?

Other urls found in this thread:

vaughnlive.tv/aircrashmayday
liveomg.com/?lang=en
useum.org/artwork/Okra-Smugglers-Henryk-Fantazos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So far - Opera. Uses less battery, memory and CPU. Speed difference seems to be irrelevant if there's a difference at all.

Chrome.

Opera.

Pale moon

Brave

that's funny considering op's image

Waterfox

That's a pretty pale moon, indeed.

both suck.
why does opera always start like this?
it's been 3 years and they can't solve this problem?

every other browser can fit to the normal screen size but not opera. it can't play periscope vids either

what OS`?

>it can't play periscope vids either
>periscope
WHAT YEAR IS IT!?!?!??!?

vaughnlive.tv/aircrashmayday opera can't play videos on this site either. just youtube.
I bet it won't play the videos on twitter either

debian stretch

wow what a surprise

And what exactly is the problem? The start page?

More and more video embedded on websites use non-free plugins and/or codecs. You shouldn't be using those in the first place so consider not being able to consume them a feature.

periscope

liveomg.com/?lang=en

It works tho.

it always opens at 1/2 the size of the screen. always!

what os?

other browsers work

This is the responsibility of the window manager. Fluxbox, for example, doesn't have this problem.

Win 10 on laptop.

yeahwell the opera browser I have was written for debian and the people that wrote the browser for my os probably use windows so they never bother to test it. at least not for the last 3 years.

Neither

just for the heck of it Logged out and switched to gnome. it doesn't work with with that either.
when you download debian gnome is the most common and yet opera browser doesn't work.the must not test this crap at all

> opera
Pig disgusting botnet.

>gnome is the most common desktop environment*
people probably download opera, install, doesn't work, install and into the trash.
way to go opera

>unnstall and into the trash

the reason I got opera was to have a seperate browser for my ip cam but it has issues with that to. for some reason it only runs at about 10-15 fps max

and of course the deskstop theme is always broken

maybe they should stick to making the browser for windows. that would be easier

Maybe software should stop thinking about bloat like "themes" and let the window manager do the styling.

oh and firefox is garbage too. I just got both chromium and firefox updates and they seem to write the same bugs back in over and over year after year so right now firefox also has problems playing some videos on twitter.
you'd think a browser as popular as firefox wouldn't have so many problems. especially not the same ones over and over.

well all desktops have themes. shouldn't be harder to use one color over another

Firefox and/or Chromium.

it almost looks like people writing the software get high and forget to finish their work.

yep chromium usually works

Sauce?

it almost looks like people writing software get told the specs changed all the time before they finish their work.

Mainstream browsers are fashion. Their design needs to change every few months to adhere to the newest "trends".

"Okra Smugglers" by Henryk Fantazos apparently.
Got that from here: useum.org/artwork/Okra-Smugglers-Henryk-Fantazos

my desktop look pretty well the same as it did 6 years ago. the that write the updates always leave something out or forget for 6 month-a year so you have to tweak it yourself.
could you imagine if a mechanic or anyone else did that?
mah screw it I'm not gonna bother putting all those bolts back in. ffs

It might be some kind of propietary monetization technology embedded in the video player.
[spoiler]Or I might be talking out of my ass.[/spoiler]

it's the browser. there's 5-10 different browsers I can install on this. all of them are crappy to some degree.

Cool, thanks

Gosh OP. Can I get more photos like that?

>photos