Current state of "malware ads panic"

Dear Sup Forums.

Before Christmas break I asked you guys about this whole problem of new ads that were rumored to infect people's PCs with malware. I was so scared that time that I not only had constantly elevated pressure and pulse but also troubles with sleeping. I calmed down somewhat after checking for few days if I dont have infection (I dont) but since then Im posting from phone (only this thread is being posted from test machine) to avoid any problems.

Right now however, everything seems to work fine - Ublock Origin dont show any of reported malicious hosts, CSS is working fine, no ads load, everything runs as it should be.

Is everything truly fine now? Crisis averted? I can get back to posting and browsing saftely on Sup Forums on home PC without risking infection? Or there was no malware to begin with?

Sorry for trouble and thank you for any reply...

It's a literal Meltdown right now

brainlet

get comfy with uBlock + uMatrix and never lose sleep over malware again

Umm... I don't know if you know this but that entire thing was basically a meme.

>Largest security hole ever discovered on modern computers
>Just a meme

you have not read the OP, have you?

But it still needed to get updated. This time I was away from PC when problem appeared and Ublock updated itself. But what about the future? If Sup Forums is not safe, out of all places in internet, what else do I have?

So much for "dont visit shady sites and dont download shady exes and you wont need AV" talk. I always have AV running for this very reason.

Why?

>anime

>I was so scared that time that I not only had constantly elevated pressure and pulse but also troubles with sleeping
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah holy shit what a faggot, end yourself now soyboy

>I was so scared that time that I not only had constantly elevated pressure and pulse but also troubles with sleeping.

>reddit spacing

Since when its bad to use ANY space in text? Everything have to be written in single line?

Whenever I have risk of my PC being infected, I react like that. I even get fewer and other symptoms of being sick. I cannot change that at all.

>I cannot change that at all.
Queer

How is that even related?

But this was serious question. If I wont find out, I will be too scared to actually browse Sup Forums at PC, ever.

The ads still exist. smcheck and amgload showed up with script off.

You have bigger problems right fucking now compared to piddly ad scripts. Meltdown, reddit nigger, meltdown problem on Intel.

The crisis has been averted, but the malicious domains have not been removed. Gorhill updated one of the ublock origin lists so it automatically bypasses the bad domains. If you load up the site with ublock origin disabled though, you can see in umatrix that Sup Forums still connects to those domains.

For the time being it's safe to browse from a PC, but make sure you have ublock origin with all the filter lists enabled and updated.

>>>/reddit/ since you like to type like on your favorite site.

Somehow they dont show up on me, so Im asking. Or EU load different ones?

I hate this reddit meme - I never posted on that site and for sure wont.

>all x86 are insecure
The meltdown just works on 32 bit systems?

So there is no hope? I hoped that Hiro would say something after break but...

>what are paragraphs
that's not Reddit spacing

That spacing was used on Sup Forums before reddit existed.

Fuck off and don't come back newfag

No. x86 does not mean 32-bit. Learn to google

I don't even know what you're asking. The "malware" domains Hiro added should have been blocked because you should have been using noscript and only allowing Sup Forums.org and the image domains. All it did was break CSS if it couldn't connect to those domains. We know because some autists from cripplechan deobfuscated it. I suspect Hiro's next step is to just integrate it into Sup Forums.org's JS, but I'm unsure of whether the site is even functional without allowing it.

You should NEVER believe anyone claiming cryptolockers or Bitcoin miners being detected because it is almost always trolls and hysteria. Hiro is not dumb enough to kill off any hope of his website making money.