PC keeps turning itself on and off

>PC keeps turning itself on and off

What the fuck is this? The PCU?

Oh God I fear it's about to happen again... HELP MEEEE

Overheating?

sticky power button?
resume after power failure set to "on" and faulty leads?

Are you on ryzen? This happened to me when i was using a msi b350 pc mate mobo, returned it and got an asus prime instead

Happens as I first turn it on in the morning too tho

Power button seems fine to me. It's a pretty new PC too

Intel m8

I'm pretty sure it's the power button. Other than that, there's a setting on w10 that wakes the pc on mouse movements, you should check if that's on

If it's sleeping or hibernating there might be something that wakes it up.

It really doesn't seem sticky, and I'm not a mountain-dew-and-doritos-on-hands kind of guy. And as I said, it's a pretty new PC. Also Win 7. It also does it sometimes before the O/S has loaded.

I always shut it down tho m8

I had this issue with wake on lan.
Wake on lan was enabled, but not filtering to magic packets.

I was surprised that my intel adapter didn't have magic packet filter enabled by default, IMO wake on lan is usless without it.

Check BIOS for wake up alarm settings, wake up on USB keyboard / mouse settings, wake on lan, etc...

Guess you didn't patch in time.
Time to buy a new computer

I would check the processor first, could be overheating. If not, I would check the PSU.

Will do, thanks

>patch
For what?

As I mentioned, same issue on cold-start, so yeah I think it's the PSU.

Could be RAM. This happened to me when one of my sticks died

Would that show up in diagnostics etc?

Maybe? I was just trying to figure out what my deal was. This was 2 years ago. I took out one stick and it didn’t work. Took out that stick and put in the other one and it had no issues turning on. Tried them both again and it was turning on and off

You mean you put in a new RAM stick or just swapped 'em?

Just going for a shit now lads

I kept the same ram. I had 2 sticks 8gb. I didn’t use new ram

Aight, thanks mate

You know what, I was about to insult you without reason, I'm sorry. I don't know why I almost did that. I hope you fix your computer mate.

I'm glad you didn't, mate, thanks.