Been out of the loop for a long while, what's the current adblocker i should use?

been out of the loop for a long while, what's the current adblocker i should use?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AdGuard

Adguard and disconnect. privacybadger is okay too

uBlock Origin.

Upvote so OP sees this.

uBlock Origin

ublock is the only thing you need, umatrix if you're legit autistic

>AdGuard
is this proprietary?

adguard is proprietary yes. disconnect open source.

Ad blocker: Adblock Plus
Ad hider: uBlock Origin

wut
blocked is blocked, there's no "hiding" only cosmetic makeup

ublock origin

ublock Origin

thx guys

ublock uravirgin

Adblock Plus blocks the ad from being fetched and loaded in your browser in the first place.
uBlock Origin on the other hand loads the ad and then just hides it (does not display it).

is this true

yes

why do Sup Forumstards recommend ublock over adblock plus

I use uBlock Origin and uMatrix

Prove it nig

Because it is more ethical. By still loading the ad, the content creators still make money because the ad network thinks you actually saw the ad. This also defeats most anti-adblock mechanisms.
If the ad is blocked from the get go, the website owner will not be paid for their hard work. This would eventually result in many websites stopping their service. And we just don't want that. Also, it is easy for a script to find out if the ad is loaded and then display you a warning to disable your adblocker.

does ublock do anything about advertisers tracking you

Why are you lying, you fucking abp shill?
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?

It's ABP who allows ads that pay them too.

>not running at least 5 adblockers at the same time
weak

No.

Most people use adblock because they can't stand those annoying flashy ads. uBlock Origin does just that, "block" these annoying ads.

Nothing more, nothing less.

ublock origin

proprietary botnet shill nonfree meme cancer

>requests blocked
what do you think that means??

fuck off, i think that retard who can't do research on his own was actually believing me and going to use the inferior adblocker.

Daily reminder to add this to your filters on uBlock

boards.Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js,String.fromCharCode)*.mgid.com

And what would you gain from that, autist?

youre insane

It's already in the ublock filter lists.

Ublock hides adds, u block origin blocks them, get your facts dumbass

he'd eventually realize that he's been tricked and will be more critical in the future and take non-backed-up advice from anonymous sources with a grain of salt.

how do you block the pinguin proxy shit that breaks css on sites beyond Sup Forums? i found another site that uses it and breaks the css

uBlock Origin, nothing else comes close.

+1

Adnauseum

+1

+1

>
>
>he'd eventually realize that he's been tricked and will be more critical in the future and take non-backed-up advice from anonymous sources with a grain of salt.

I think you expect too much from people and don't understand that the comments you write are targeting those that are are unable to think for themselves. Therefore, you are harming them while also wasting your time thinking you can dig them out of a hole you created for them.

+1

+1

Use AdNauseam - straight upgrade over uBlock - to kill Google dead

thanks, this is what im gonna use, fuck google and the nsa

what does hiro do this to us? was it just a mistake?

+5

AdGuard or pihole