Intel new statement: "This is not a bug or a flaw"

Intel just released these:
newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/intel-issues-updates-protect-systems-security-exploits/
intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html

This is what they say:
>the system is operating exactly as it is designed to
>This is not a bug or a flaw in Intel products

Also:
>Intel has developed and is rapidly issuing updates for all types of Intel-based computer systems — including personal computers and servers — that render those systems immune from both exploits (referred to as “Spectre” and “Meltdown”)
Which is clearly false since the Google researchers said Spectre has no fix.

How is it legal for companies to lie so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/aionescu/status/948818841747955713
forbes.com/sites/kenkam/2018/01/04/amd-looks-poised-to-gain-at-intels-expense/
lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/3/797
spectreattack.com/spectre.pdf
semiaccurate.com/2018/01/04/kaiser-security-holes-will-devastate-intels-marketshare/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't Linus tell them yesterday to accept responsibility and fix their CPUs or get fucked? Why do they keep pretending everything is fine?

>How is it legal for companies to lie so much?
Intel is a monopolist of GOOD cpus. That's the reason.
Friendly reminder:
g4600 is the best cpu that was EVER created by humanity.

Damn, I guess since Linus told them to get fucked, they'll just have to. I'm guessing Linux will drop support for intel within the hour

>Why do they keep pretending everything is fine?
Because it IS fine. Calm down now, AMDrone.

Who do normies believe?
A retard who makes free software for fun or a big multi billion company?

it is nothing goy

The Meltdown in Intel HQ continues....

[code
if (c->x86_vendor == X86_VENDOR_INTEL)
exit(0);
[/code]

ah fuggers

if (c->x86_vendor == X86_VENDOR_INTEL)
exit(0);

>ITS A FEATURE

OYYY VEYYYYYYYY ITS ANNUDA SHOAAAAAHHHHHH

>it IS fine
Meanwhile, operating systems are literally inventing new (performance costly) concepts as we speak just to protect people with insecure Intel CPUs from being hacked via JavaScript: twitter.com/aionescu/status/948818841747955713

antisemitism

?

Linus is an antisemite. Don't listen to him, goyim.

See the pic on That's the patch AMD made to disable the Meltdown fix on AMD CPUs

The code in checks if you are running Intel and quits itself

ITS A FEATURE

forbes.com/sites/kenkam/2018/01/04/amd-looks-poised-to-gain-at-intels-expense/
I'm surprise that a financial publication saw through Intel' s lies while tech sites like anandtech eat Intel's PR and imply every cpu is affected just as bad.

Since when does anyone care what Linus Tech Tips has to say?

I know you're trolling, but for whoever hasn't seen it: lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/3/797

>Retard
>Created single most used kernel in computer history

Pick one user

>This is not a bug or a flaw in Intel products.
Yeah, that's why AMD is not affected by Meltdown.

>Created single most used kernel in computer history
What the fuck does corn have to do with anything? We're talking about computers.

they know they will get away so... why bother? Just do the normal pr bullshit.

Lets see which one of the two parties has most to gain from lying about this?

"Look Inside"
What did Intel mean by this?

>Intel is unable to provide a generic update due to management engine firmware customizations performed by system and motherboard manufacturers.
Reading the text makes me wonder if all the money they "invested" to solve this... were just a couple of coins to the guy who wrote that text and that's it.

They were mocking us the entire time.

>The statistical analysis of these behaviors can in some cases be used to potentially expose sensitive data on computer systems that are operating as designed. These exploits do not have the potential to corrupt, modify or delete data.

But we are in the early stages. Once people have done enough statistical analysis, they can start to build heuristics, which can then be used to build a specialized tool for point and click exploitation (TAO likely already did this because it's a good idea).

Also you can execute whatever code you want. So you can flood the CPU so that it is forced to execute the code you want, such as a miner, monitoring software, or just ransomware.

>This is not a bug or flaw
>Everything is totally intended

I have absolutely no trouble believing that they knew about all these problems beforehand and intentionally fucked everyone over. Classic shintel.

>Which is clearly false since the Google researchers said Spectre has no fix.

citation?

Because Intel users getting it up the cornhole

spectreattack.com/spectre.pdf
>While makeshift processor-specific countermeasures are possible in some cases, sound solutions will require fixes to processor designs as well as updates to instruction set architectures (ISAs)

Sheesh. That's less of a fix and more of an overhaul.

Which is why this is such a big deal. Not only are basically all modern processors potentially insecure, but all CPU design optimizations from the last 20 years might be inherently insecure.

IT'S A FUCKING FEATURE

>W O R K I N G
>A S
>I N T E N D E D

>T O M O R R O W

So it's not a bug, but they still need to make an update for exploits?

Linus named the Jew.

They already made the fist move did so w/e

It is not a bug or a flaw because Intel processors are insecure by design to let the East spy on you.

>Working
>As
>Intended

You CAN't make this stuff up. No one would believe it.

semiaccurate.com/2018/01/04/kaiser-security-holes-will-devastate-intels-marketshare/

tech companies btfo by spying chinamen

Isn't Linus usually accused of being a blue team shill and shiting on amd in his reviews?

fuck off back to Sup Forums

B U R N E D

Can you IMAGINE how everyone at intel is feeling right now? Heads will roll

What they mean is "we hope this wont be covered by consumer protections". A bug or flaw would be.

I still can't make user of javascript VM making anything like that...

Systemfault. Mehehe

We should realize one important aspect, no application that is running on shared processor has necessity to even have possibility for it's it to run this sort of bullshit. PHP can be restricted on user level to not execute stuff and thus being somehow making shared hostings running loops being capable of ignore this bug with no necessity to run individual kernell for each user, ... Guys simple don't know how to share.

Intel is trying to safe face as much as possible, stock has been shed only thing left to do is hope for some gullible companies to keep supporting them.

Investors are also morons so they might eat this shit up.

Yea, right, faggots don't reckognize a feature of shared memory.

How much of a performance hit should I expect with the emergency update on the i5-2520M?