Who would you say is the best motherboard manufacturer and why?

I fail to see the difference between mothrboards, besides the way they look. I often hear that you want to buy the cheapest board that has all the features you want. They all look the same to me. 4 RAM slots, same number of pcie, usb slots, some have TPU switches, which are useless? What's the difference?

Asrock. Lots of features for the money and great VRMs on the high end. Spun out from ASUS/Pegatron so it has pedigree to not be garbage-tier. Anyone who trash talks Asrock just have buyers remorse for paying too much for similar feature sets.

I bought a first gen lga 1133 socket mobo from gigabyte in 2009.

Still works to this day. Im amazed at the build quality from a brand that everyone told me was shit.

Asus definitely

ASRock.

With that fuck huge gaymer ROG logo amirite? Nothing says serious gamer like RGB ROG logos.

Not op but hes right. The gaymery rgb is unnecessary, but they do high quality stuff

I'm still using a gigabyte 775 mobo daily.

They were my goto manufacturer when I built my Skylake machine.

it's inside a case it doesn't matter what it looks like

literally chinkshit

what the fuck is that pci thing

>implying just about every single case out now doesn't have a side window
mmmk

nowadays hands down AsRock

not true

you put SSD on them

>They all look the same to me.

Fucking racist.

lots of cases with side windows are available with solid sides too as an option

It seems like every magazine and revew tells me that Gigabyte is the best brand and individuals seem to not think so highly of it. Perhaps because it's not as flashy as Asus or MSI?

I had an asrock and it died after 16 MTHS for no apparent reason. Bought a ROG and transplanted all the components and it's fine after 2 years. Might be an isolated case, I've only had about 8 motherboards in my life and the asrock is only the second to die...the first being a jetway. That was truly a piece of shit, died after a week, replacement doa, second replacement didn't even have the fucking ports attached at the back...refunded after that and bought something else..can't remember what though. The English in the jetway manual was fucking hilarious though

Asrock is garbage for poor fags like you. GIGABYTE is the bomb.

asrock. all dissenters on Sup Forums are paid gaymer shills.

Just my opinion from experience
>ASrock
Good at high end
>ASUS
Generally good overall
>Gigabyte
Hit or miss.
>MSI
Avoid
>EVGA
Good but I don't feel confident using them

They all do the same things at the end of the day, just choose which one is best for the money and what you want to do with it.

gods gift

I unironically buy msi and never have issues

what's wrong with msi boards?

>Gigabyte

Every case has a window unless you're a pussy

Asus all the way. Good quality shit and good customer service. Their gamer tier stuff is rather gaudy with leds built in but cool if you want your new refrigerator to keep you up all night.

fuck Gigabyte, you literally cannot install GNU/Linux because Gigabyte motherboards throws out 10 IOMMU errors when you try to install any linux distro

it's been like this for years

This. Gigabyte has pretty much exceeded all my expectations. My AMD 970 board still works, and they even updated my bios for many lake cpus on request before sending me my last motherboard.

Definitely EVGA, never had failures across 3 generations of motherboards. Unlike with Gigabyte and ASUS.

>want to control motherboard's RGB connector's color for my B350 ryzen motherboard
>install MSI_GAMING_APP.exe
>it installs a "mouse DPI booster", "VR button", "macro configurator", "pc game cheat manual button" and finally "LED control panel"
>can only choose between 7 colors even though it was advertised as muh 16,7 million color

had a gigabyte that died 2 months after warranty

got an asus that has been going strong for 5 years no problem

I only ever had problems with MSI, and evga as far as PC hardware goes, and the other manufacturers have been good to me, so I avoid MSI, and evga like the plague. I almost bought a biostar board a year ago when I thought my only choices were biostar/evga/MSI.

I'd say Asrock is the king of value for money, but if I were to buy high-end mobo, I'd go with Asus or Gigabyte

Gigabyte. I didn't know they were so hated. The only thing that annoys me is that there are three different UIs you can manage the BIOS through. Pic related.

I've used ASUS, Asrock and Gigabyte. One of the two ASUS boards I owned had a bad USB port, but all of the other boards worked flawlessly.

>best
Gigabyte

Great functionality, durability, and aesthetics

>worst
MSI

All you wilk get here is anecdotal evidence. Get whatever you need except msi

its hit or miss with everything. I've been rocking my msi board for 2 years zero problems. their customer support was helpful when I was too retarded to format a new ssd. nothing that I've plugged into it has broken. I'm sure the same could be said for the other manufacturers too

This. I worked in IT service for 4 years and seen gigabyte mb with defect only twice,
60% asus 30% msi, sometimes intel, AsRock is pretty reliable i think, but support is poor

It's for budget mobos. Nothing wrong, but if you have an extra +$30 USD you want to throw at your board might as well go with anything else.

So from the replies ITT it seems to be almost completely random. I've had nothing but problems with Asrock boards, but never had any issues with Gigabyte or MSI

I never buy low end mobos for myself but all the ones who are still working and so.e of these are 10 year old are from Asus so these chinks build expensive stuff that lasts (talking about you rampage III extreme, you beautiful bastard).

For low end stuff I usually go with mid range gigabyte stuff for family members, all is working although an old corsair PSU fried one of these mobos when it died and I had to replace both.

I will most likely go Asus again when I make a TR4 setup.

Gigabyte makes solid 'm'bo's
Only ones that lasted me longer than 2 years

>thinking LEDs and LED controllers and LED accessory jumpers with LED RND for LED control software is free
>the whole semiconductor industry is predicated on saving every individual penny
>thinking the massive influx of RGB is good for the consumer as such

Shit's fucking attrocious and unnecessary, even when it's disabled you still get assfucked for trying to buy a high-end motherboard with desirable chipset features since those all fall under the gaming market hierarchy.

In the end, always go for best value, all things considered, and read reviews. It's not rational to completely avoid a brand because of one bad experience. On the other hand, if you had multiple with little support or empathy from them, it's probably a shit company.

How biased is that towards sales and attachment rate?

I've owned MSI for a decade with no issues that weren't third-party related.

EVGA is prettiest by far but they can’t match Asus feature set yet, although I hear they’re making a push to catch up after this gen. Mixed reports about reliability. Gigabyte would be current second choice after Asus, for aesthetics mostly. MSI is just so tacky.

Asus have plenty of problems tho, the Bluetooth chips on basically the whole Z270 range are fucked. But they are the only shop to release a full fat Z370 ITX out of all of them.

>MSI budget
>ASUS not
They're literally competing price ranges and more often than not ASUS is the one shilling discounts for similar products every time MSI pushes out a product line.

At least most can agree EVGA is meme-tier.

I hate seeing that hideous ROG logo every startup.

Is this DeWalt co-branded?

Y'all mutha fuckas needa start explaining your reasoning.

Is an Asus Z170-A midranged? Because mine fucked up in 2 years.

Best board was probably the LGA 1366 Asus I had, it's still rocking in a friend's server currently, no issues with it.

Worst I've had is a gigabyte board. Had 2 bios and bricked both by itself, so it would soft lock where you had to clear the CMOS. Problem with that was that it took something like 8 hours for the CMOS to clear, and sometimes that wouldn't even work.

gigabyte

Back in the day i got a Z97 Extreme 6 Asrock and was pure shit. Then got an Asus Z87 and died in two months. Been on a Gigabyte Z87 Sniper since then, no problems at all even with muh fagintosh, lunix and so.

5 Gigabytes built in the last 15 years. Zero problems.

I only buy top end ASUS because my time isn't free

I'd buy shittier boards if I didn't build my own

I got a ROG motherboard for my i5 8400.

Waste of money for the most part, but I needed a z370 and it was on sale for Black Friday, so ended up only paying 150 dollars for it (Used to be 300 dollars).

I could have gone for a 130-150 dollar z370-board but I figure the ROG was a decent buy just for the improved sound chip/gigabit ethernet, right?

supermicro
all they make is rock solid server boards and they're quite good at it

I bought this board 6 years ago using it daily and still going.

In east-asia it's asus, msi has always been suspect in terms of quality and gigabyte just plain sucks

>tfw people I knew bought that tier of MSI motherboard still have their mobo working whereas my Z77 MPower died when the warranty ended

assrock literally cancer tier
dont buy shit breaks after 2 month

My 24/7 housefire build still up and running after 3 years

i don't trust any of them to deliver consistent quality product as a manufacturer anymore

you need to look at specific models now more than ever

Stop using shit PSU

to add on top of this, biostar feels like the only manufacturer i haven't had disappointments with
but that's because of lower expectations when dealing with them

seasonic psu fuck off

>asrock p55 pro
>bought 2009
>replaced a few days ago
>still works perfectly
that's not 2 months

>shitsonic

you can change that logo

gigabyte always has RAM issues.
but RMA is very easy though.

M8 there is literally an explosion on the box of the board with big bang written everywhere. What were you expecting?

At least they're advertisement is honest.

MSI.

The thing about Asrock is that only the high end stuff is actually good.

Their entry level shit is garbage.

Fuck off. 18 or older

Asrock, especially taichi... fucking god tier mobo with a reasonable price

gigabyte. still using my ga-ep43-ud3l from 2009, zero issues, working just like the day i got it.

The mobo i uise for my server is an asus and out of all the mobos i have owned it has the nicest bios other than that i dont really see a way to judge them

i had a cheap asrock mobo for my old apu it was good for 4 years until the cpu tied. bios was also great think it was better than my current msi one