I bought a pixel 2 and it's delivering in a few days. Coming from a Samsung S7, what am I in for?

I bought a pixel 2 and it's delivering in a few days. Coming from a Samsung S7, what am I in for?

Fast updates, no bloat or lag, best camera in any phone, average OLED panel, huge bezels

Disappointment, poor qc and another Google pet project

I thought poor qc was only the XL version?

I literally made the same switch.
The S7 has a brighter display, otherwise the Pixel is better in pretty much every category. Even though it's just a generationdifference it feels light-years ahead. Best phone I've owned so far.

tons of bezel

>replacing his 1000$ phone for another one every 1.5 years

good goy, what are you gonna do with it though? take selfies with your imaginary friends?

Jealousy from non owners

Also should've gotten the xl version

decent phone with okay polish
google's doing some neat stuff to integrate the pixel product line with google services better than standard android phones. stuff like live translate is starting to roll out but it's a bit buggy yet. it will be cooler/have more unique features in about four to eight months, right now it's just a nice andy with less bloat.

My S7 barely functions anymore and the warranty's over. I might as well get a new phone. Also the regular size is only $650. Looking at this board I kind of realize there's a ton of people who don't have jobs or spend way too much time min/maxing phone functionality

People here aren't even using their time wisely. They could be browsing /biz/ and 3x their money in a day like I did.

>/biz/

Botnet.

pixel 1 and pixel 2 (non XL) are exactly the same screen size. Dumb as hell. I'll stick with my pixel 1....no point in upgrading. Great performing phone tho

What was the best Android phone of 2017?
Any high hopes for some coming out this year?

You'll probably be pretty happy. They're pretty good phones. I have an s8, but don't really see anything wrong with the pixel other than the price, which right now really isn't much more than my phone (which I also thought was overpriced). I only used one for like 45 minutes after one of my friends got one, but it has a nice camera, not laggy, nice interface, apparently easy to root, etc. The only things that jump out at me as bad is the lack of an sd card slot and all the google shit (which is honestly to be expected with it being a google phone)

iirc I thought the normall 2 used an lcd, while the xl 2 uses the poor old panel.

- The camera is great.
- The performance is great.
- It doesn't have the QA problems of the XL, but it's only 1080p.
- The bezels are fatter than the Nexus 5X I migrated from.
- The launcher is inexplicably different than the Nexus, which defies the idea that either one is "stock Android". e.g. the icons are 5-wide instead of 4-wide even on the same resolution screen.
- Oreo causes tons of app icons to be ugly and fucked up until developers update to support it, but they look better on the Pixel launcher than the Nexus Google Now launcher.
- Google Lens is pretty dope.

>regular size is only $650
In my country it's fucking $850! I'll wait a bit until it gets $600-ish

Pixel 2 uses AMOLED (i.e. Samsung's OLED)
Pixel 2 XL uses pOLED (i.e. LG's OLED)

I think some people got confused with the iPhone 8 (LCD) and iPhone X (OLED).

Why didn't they go with Samsung then? AMOLED is clearly superior than pOLED on phones.

hopefully a rangeban when you use it to post on here.

The XL is made by LG, so...

Bitch, I literally work at Google and have had a Pixel 2 on my desk for half a year. Still using a phone from 2013.

Samsung uses poled as well. Amoled is their trademark brand.

LG had some quality issues at the beginning, but it's mostly gone now. LG oled is just as good as any current generation Samsung if you get a decent one.

it is

>S7
>barely functions after a year or so
>ONLY $650

if you're going to continue at this rate, you might as well go full iToddler

How is being an applefag anyway correlated lol

So any new Pixel 2 Xl's don't have screen problems anymore? I thought it was Google fixing things by doing software updates to add saturation and shift the tint back to normal

Realization that you've fallen for the "premium" meme and will never get your money back

if you hate bezels, get a fucking tablet you mong. as long as the bezels aren't taking up half the phone, does it really matter?

god it pisses me off when people act like bezels are a problem

propensity toward throwing away money

Don't open, Return. Get the iPhone X. Apple has really hit it out the park with the device. Easily the greatest thing since slice bread.

t. 36 years of using Android Smartphones.

>don't spend $1000!!!

>not just getting a OP5/T with a headphone jack for a fraction of the price
For what purpose?

nice.