What does Sup Forums think of the Air Force Association's Cyber Patriot program...

What does Sup Forums think of the Air Force Association's Cyber Patriot program, a program aimed at middle and high school students to encourage and teach Cyber Security in a fun, competitive way?

Other urls found in this thread:

uscyberpatriot.org
youtube.com/watch?v=sesaiofAEWA
uscyberpatriot.org/Documents/Fact Sheets/CyberPatriot Program Update 20170426.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

uscyberpatriot.org

Sounds okay as long as the "fun" qualifier doesn't mean gamification.

It's a program to bait in young white males and turn them into cyber-traps for the airforce.

No that wasn't me

Propaganda to try and get wahmyn involved in tech. Women don't belong in the military unless they're capable of serving in combat, which time and again they've proven they can't. Look at the marine tests they did in 2017. Can't pick up a weapon, can't defend themselves, and won't take a genuine interest in computer science unless there are awards and lots of attention in it for them.

ACTUALLY, all female teams are registered for free! The Air Force Association is proud to encourage minorities and women into STEM related fields.

>they have a trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sesaiofAEWA

Women aren't needed for sex now that we have traps and sex dolls, and they certainly aren't needed in cyber security positions. Stop trying to make them do anything other than live in designated breeding facilities.

Together, we can close the STEM gap, user!

checked

At 0:10 it's literally just starting an smb server and searching through running processes, better than some of the shit on cnn but still.

That's at the National Finals in Baltimore, where only the top 12 teams nationally go to compete!!! There's even a live red team involved. Winners can get up to thousands of dollars in scholarships and internship opportunities at presenting sponsor Northrup Gruman.

All I know is that the Air Force Academy cheats like a motherfucker when it comes to "Cyber Defense" competitions

>Air Force
chair force*

t. navy

Welp it's a joke, just looking through their slide deck this isn't really worth the time

uscyberpatriot.org/Documents/Fact Sheets/CyberPatriot Program Update 20170426.pdf

A program that encourages young, bright students to fill the cyber security gap in this great nation is no joke!

fuck off, water nigger.

Guess I finally have a reason to admit I'm Native American besides two for one deals at the Liquor Barn

Admiting internationally you need students for this is kinda lame.

It's a mainly US based program, but we aren't hesitant to open our arms to Canada, Saudi Arabia, and the UK.

looks gay

bump

I actually participated in this when I was in high school.

Basically, you meet every few weeks after school and the program provides a virtual machine (or two) running Ubuntu or Windows Server and you have a certain number of hours to find and fix all the security vulnerabilities set up on the machines, and they have a scoring program set up on the machines that tracks what vulnerabilities you fixed, and sends them back to a main scoring server to compare against other competing teams. There are a couple rounds, and the finalists get to go to DC for their big final there.

However, it's hardly Defcon CTF levels of wrongness - oftentimes it's simple stuff like incorrect password policy or someone is running a piece of spyware on the computer that you can find with a virus scan. Normies wouldn't be able to find them, but I found most to be easy. The most interesting one we had was securing a Cisco router, but the vast majority was Windows server.

Overall, not a bad attempt to get high school students interested in cyber security, and doesn't push joining the military too much. There isn't much to it though besides competitions every few weeks (though it's been 4 years since I was last involved, so I don't know if they changed much.) We did get free pizza though so that was a plus.

lmao this program had an assumption all computer networks were windows based so they always had policies about active directory