This triggers the Americans

This triggers the Americans.

Their car industry hasn't even heard about this European invention. They all are still happily driving their ancient ATs. I guess they like the hitch between gears changing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-clutch_transmission
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Finland
What a shit country. The burgers will agree with me.

>regards Singapore

I am triggered

what is that

can i shart on it?

you don't even have any global automotive company though

And Singapore does except foreign companies doing the assebmly there?

You just can't accept the fact that the European car industry is lightyear ahead of American.
My point is that all those Murican threads about their autostick culture are pointless because European car manufacturers are already using dual clutch transmission which is total grey zone for Americans who believe their ancient ATs are superior.

You just can't prove me wrong dickheads.

>ancient ATs
>first car: 1886
>first car with AT: 1940
Remember that for 40 years automatic transmission was a sign of wealth an prestige, yuropoors were selling their daughters to Ford Europe for a chance to drive a car with an automatic transmission. then all of a sudden in the 80s they gave up and decided that they preferred mañuel transmiccíon instead

P.S. I drive manual

>americans actually drive automatic
sissy fatbois

Dual clutch transmissions are not fun. The semi-auto dcts are for tools who can't use a clutch pedal, the full-auto ones are bragged about by benchracers who obsess over burgerring lap times and don't care how it actually feels to drive the car

>tfw 2008 car with a slushbox from 1980

Fucking Ford AOD

I'm pretty sure manuals are older tech than automatics

>Americans are actually allowed to drive manuals after getting their license on an automatic
>Americans are actually allowed to drive 12 tonnes heavy tow combinations almost the size of a semi truck after getting their license in their mom's compact car

Imagine a worried face next to my post because I don't have any on this device.

burgers never made a barely decent car in their entire history despite bragging continuously about muh car culture, muh cars, wawawa.

Actually some select few were very good and innovative by any market's standards. And many of them are still good when seen in the context of their market(s).

Care for the feel? Get a manual
Want an automatic? Get a dual clutch

I'd like a manual treansmission if I lived in the mountains. It's kind of annoying when the AT keeps switching gears seemingly at random when you're going up a steep hill. Much nicer to control what gear you're in when going uphill, you can avoid lurching forward when it shifts up a gear when you don't really want it to abs just want to steadily climb on a lower gear.

>semi-auto
>manual
So you don't even know what we are talking about here.
DSG (direktschaltgetriebe), as VW Group have named their superior piece of engineering, DCT (dual-clutch transmission) in english, is FULL AUTO transmission which can also be operated manually. It was invented by Frenchman Adolphe Kégresse.
It's totally different technology from the conventional old-school automatic transmission which is based on torque converter.

DSG
>more comfortable since you can barely notice anything when the gear changes
>smaller fuel consumption
>therefore superior

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-clutch_transmission

is there room for deer, 4 tires, 80 gallons of gas, 6 bottles of liquor, 8 rifles and 10 boxes of ammo?

What are you trying to do, start a wildfire before accidentally shooting yourself?

learn how to fucking accelerate.
this goes for all of you.

I mean it's not awful, I just drove to the top of Mt Mitchell in NC the other day in my '03 Altima and it was just fine even though I don't have any experience in mountain driving.

terveiset,

jonne

They have semi auto DCTs you skrub. All those supercars with the paddle-shifters are DCT.
>barely notice anything when the gear changes

Might as well get a CVT desu

Also
>source: Wikipedia

Lmao kys

DSG gearboxes are still dull drive compared to normal manual gearboxes even if they are technically superior.

This, exactly. And the insufferable benchracer fanboys who jizz over DSTs make them worse then regular automatics. Have a (you).

Official transmission power-rankings:

1. Floor or console-mounted Manual
2. Column shift manual
3. Column-mounted automatic selector
99. Paddle-shift DCT
100. Console-mounted automatic selector
101. DST (99% chance it has something really gay like a dial for gear selection)

Friendly reminder that BorgWarner (American) actually designed the DCT for VW and bimmer

Reading through this thread, I must admit I failed miserably. I'm sorry I offended you my American masters. Please send over some of that so famous cum of yours so I can have for my miserable self pity. I beg your forgiveness.

Admitting it is the first step