Coffee Lake confirmed to be a con and Intel full of shit

Coffee Lake confirmed to be a con and Intel full of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSI6N6RKd5A

Other urls found in this thread:

lewd.pics/p/?i=YsFT.mp4
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7o69f2/con_lake_con_firmedadoredtv/
youtu.be/SqbNWCehbmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>AMDoredTV

Reminder that Coffee was supposed to release start of 2018, meaning Intel would have no problem leaving this bug running around on their hardware as long as nobody knew.
Now they'll be forced to release something in 2019

If you can't take the heat...

>no problem leaving this bug running around on their hardware as long as nobody knew

Hang the bastards.

buy better thermals for fuck sake

Whenever Intel rushes a release it always ends badly.

>When I don't like others opinions I bury my head in the sand and pretend it's not happening.

>Intel

You have that wrong.

Yes it was meant to launch later, but remember they knew about the bugs at least as early as june 2017.

One of the factors in releasing sooner than later was likely to get those buggy chips out of their factories and warehouses before the bug went public and sales inevitably dropped as people choose to go AMD or wait for a bug free chip in Q2 2018 at the earliest.

By releasing early they could sell the chips as they make them instead of having a large inventory sitting unslold now after the bug was made public.

>AdoredAYYMDShill

Opinion discarded

>opinions
Yeah all that retarded scot had were opinions and blatant lies. I don't listen to some webpage scrolling retard spouting speculations.

>By releasing early they could sell the chips as they make them instead of having a large inventory sitting unslold now after the bug was made public.

So you're implying that they intentionally sold faulty product? If that were the case, they would be subject to a class-action lawsuit.

TELL ME LIES TELL ME SWEET LITTLE LIES

lewd.pics/p/?i=YsFT.mp4

Oh look.. where it was originally first posted.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7o69f2/con_lake_con_firmedadoredtv/

Hey op, i hope your amd cpu blows up and fucks up your face.

He was right all along

Wasnt this very clear from the begining?
Same CPUs with more cores yet higher clocks and lower TDP?
Also only high end boards on launch?
It was very clear that intel was playing dirty. Honestly intel does not have anything up their sleeve for competition.

I am not clicking that excrement, person of color.

Still cheaper than their mass inventory

Ain't manufacturing a bitch

So it doesn't matter if it's true, only where it comes from. Gotcha.

So after 15 seconds, only 400-500 Mhz over base clock remained of Medion's 8700's all-core turbo.
An 8400, being worse silicon, probably won't exceed that. So with a base clock of 2.8 Ghz, its sustained all-core speed on a mediocre mobo might be somewhere around 3.2 Ghz.
Better shell out for a nice Z370 mobo if you're going for that cheap 8400, I guess.
Yeah, given the low base clocks, Intel hiding every Covfefe turbo speed except for single-core was a really bad sign.

>AMDShilldoredTV

even a fucking poo throwing chimp could realize coffee lake was nothing more than kaby lake which was nothing more than skylake with a more mature 14nm process that allowed for higher frequencies and higher stock frequencies along with two extra cores. its the only fucking reason why amd actually stood a chance against intel because intel hasn't released any "real" architecture changes since 2015 with the release of skylake.

if intel had their shit together ryzen would have been much further behind intel but amd needs to thank their lucky stars intel fucked up. and with the latest intel fuckwit news amd better be using this time to actually improve their shit for we can finally tell intel to fuck off for good.

he's only considered an amd shill because he actually states the bad parts of both nvidia and intel. but if you actually took a time and watched his videos instead of circlejerking over nvidia and intel you would realize he's been equally as unforgiving against amd. his last video about vega really ridiculed amd over vega and its failure. he also has stated the truth many times about poozen being poozen but its only great because intel has been poozen themselves that allowed amd to bite at their hills.

Someone check this out. I wanna know what it is.

Video of text over weeb music.

If you watch the actual video you'll see it's not about intel playing dirty (the first video was about that), it's about muh technical reviewers shilling and deceiving customers and hiding the facts about intel housefire boost lasting for only 8 to 15 seconds on major boards before dropping multiplier to stock values.

exactly this but AMD shills will plug their ears and shout REEE INTEL SHILL at even suggesting that Ryzen is only competing because Intel is underdelivering.

I hope they mean to delay Ice Lake and fix the bug. I know it already taped out, but most if not all semiconductor companies tape out at least twice, so there's a change it'll be fixed.

Intel doesn't have 10nm yet and its been years already.

AMD shills are getting their xmas break now, intel's doing all their PR work for them

They do by now

That guy is complete retard. He doesn't test any hardware himself and steals work done by others while screaming "you are doing it wrong!" at them.

He makes accusations on people and companies based on really flimsy evidence as he does no testing at all himself, just cherry picks benchmarks that fit his agenda from other sites.

He could just buy couple a mobos and a CPU to prove his point (he gets money via Patreon) but he is too lazy or too afraid that he would prove himself wrong to do it.

His videos are littered with factual errors and he gets really snarky and buttblasted if someone corrects him in the comments. He also cites his previous videos as sources which amounts "because I said so" level of evidence.

Thank you humble merchant what would i do without you

No, I won't give you clicks, adoretard. Go beg on patreon for shekels.

you mad?

Known amd shill

Hi adored your videos suck and your 8400 conspiracy theory is autism

Literally any kind of criticism against AMD products (especially legitimate criticism) gets you 5 replies worth of memes and shill accusations. You don't see the irony?

>Literally any kind of criticism against AMD products
POOJET MEME MEME AMD BTFO INDIA NIGGERS isnt legitimate criticism

B-BUT RYZEN IS PERFECT FUCK JEWS!!!!!

Sounds like every Sup Forums threads.
So why you guys hate him again, that guy is literally (YOU)

DESPAIR
DESPAIR
DESPAIR
DELET THIS

THIS IS NOT TRUE

YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, YOU ANTISEMITIC GOY

>two sex sex sex memory
:D

>poozen being poozen
?

He is full of shit about the 8400. Its hits 1.22v max in my experience. Shills telling peoole to oc 1600 on b and h boards at 1.35v and at the same time say they are not good enough to run a locked i5 at 1.25v should actually kill themselves

>Weeb music

>1.35v on AMD == 1.35v on Intel
You are retarded

Do you realize what you just said

Do you realize that different fabrication processes mean that you can't compare things like for like?
No, because you're retarded.

Voltage is voltage kiddo, its a measurement. If you mean wattage and amperage is different then say that

That's not what I mean though, retard.
Defined operation voltages are different because of the difference in fabs and running a ryzen at 1.35v is perfectly within spec while running an intel at 1.35v is a good way to fry your shit without some decent cooling.

>intel needs good cooling for 1.35v
No shit idiot stop replying. Intel clearly pulls more wattage

>Intel clearly pulls more wattage
No, it's because of dogshit TIM. Power consumption is similar between them. Stop replying, brainlet retard.

>Intel clearly pulls more wattage
Oh shit I better not buy an Intel laptop.

ayyylmao

Shut the fuck up retarded educate yourself. 8400 pulls more wattage at 1.25v than ryzen does at 1.35v.

>steps down to 3.1ghz after 15 seconds in prime 95
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Didn't watch the video
Stop being cucked by corporations you giant retard

>Cpus withuot proper cooling throttle
Woah what an unexpected result from a housefire on the stock cooler

fucking lol

Inel's busy facing lawswuits
You're done, jew processor

you can sue anyone for anything in murika.
But the fact is Intel doesn't guarantee performance of their processors, just like MAD, ARM, VIA, TI and other producers. It's simply NOT POSSIBLE to guarantee something that you call "performance".
Also Intel never guaranteed their processors are error-free.

When will you just leave?

>call Intel on bullshit

must be a shill

>tfw intel + patch still faster than amd

Intel shills and AMD shills, give it to me straight. I want to build babbys first desktop, and I can't get a decision on the cpu. Basically, I'm caught between Ryzen 3 1300x and i5-8600k.

Is Intel really all that fucked? Is AMD really all that bad? Tell it to me like I'm a retard

This two cpus are in different categories, are you tech retarded?

Why would you get a 1300X when you can get a 1600X for cheaper than an 8600k?

Wait a couple months for the smoke to clear.
Intel needs a KPTI to defeat meltdown. This decreases performance in a way that does not apply to AMD processors at all.
Both Intel and AMD will have mitigations implemented for Spectre. Spectre mitigations are considerably more complex.
AMD has a few techniques using existing techniques like LFENCES (with an MSR bit set appropriately) to serialize, but talk on the LKML says a retpoline may also be necessary.
Intel is putting in new microcode instructions to help mitigate Spectre.
It's unclear whether Intel's or AMD's spectre mitigation will cost more. My gut feeling is that AMD's will cost more because it uses existing techniques rather than a purpose built microcode instruction. The retpoline is especially concerning for performance.

But even if this is the case AMD can certainly introduce its own specially made microcode techniques to improve mitigation performance. And AMD isn't affected by the Meltdown mitigation so it may still suffer less even if the Spectre mitigation is somewhat costlier for it than Intel.

Yes, I'm a physical sciences guy

I really don't know, I've only started looking into AMD in the last few days

I honestly don't even fully understand what Spectre and Meltdown are. Is AMD affected as well, or are Intel just saying others are susceptible to reduce fmlame around themselves?

>Is AMD affected as well, or are Intel just saying others are susceptible to reduce fmlame around themselves?
AMD is inherently not at all affected by meltdown.
AMD is affected by Spectre as is just about every single modern CPU ever (including ARM).
AMD is claiming that the more severe variant of spectre is very unlikely to work but theoretically AMD is vulnerable to this, it may just require tweaking an exploit for how AMD's speculative execution works.

When you think about it the names are pretty accurate for the issues.
Meltdown is a super severe, easy to exploit, immediate issue caused by Intel's carelessness. It's a meltdown of basic memory security assumptions of x86.

Spectre is a weirder and more subtle problem but it is very scary and is an inherent issue with the way modern CPUs work. It's a specter hanging over all of computing that is unlikely to go away.

>Wait a couple months for the smoke to clear.
don't do this
prices are gong to up for the next few weeks slightly and when the new ryzen comes out AMD will have no reason to drop the price of the 1st gen
if you are gonna buy something buy it now or buy the 2nd

if you keep waiting yo are gonna be cucked just like many were with the gpu debacle of the past few years

so avoid buying cpu/motherboard for the foreseeable future and only after it's been confirmed no backdoors. yeah I know that's a big laugh.

I'm not familiar with the GPU debacle. Is it "unsafe" to buy now? I'm still confused about what the actual threat is in layman's terms

>I'm not familiar with the GPU debacle. Is it "unsafe" to buy now?
how big is that rock you live under? You dont get bitcoin under there?

new CPU models without this problem when?

Its called ryzen

Do do it if you actually want to know the performance implications for sure. Spectre is such a clusterfuck of hacks to mitigate.

Never. The only ways you can inherently get rid of Spectre are super costly to performance.
Maybe a superior architecture and smarter compilers can create a computing platform that doesn't need speculative execution.

Ohhhhh yeah what a con
>non k chip can't go over tdp
What a fucking Serbian cia nigger

youtu.be/SqbNWCehbmU
Back to the Bogulags for you feg

>Also Intel never guaranteed their processors are error-free.
What in the actual fuck there is no way this post isn't a ruse hahaha

OP here. Impressed this thread is still alive after so many other shitposters.

reporting on evidence is shilling?

Looks like Hardware Unboxed might start investigating Covfefe, too:
>Good video as always mate, gave me some things to think about. A couple of cool video ideas :)

Whatever they have to pay out for a class-action lawsuit would be pennies compared to completely scrapping Coffee-Lake. CPUs take years to design and manufacture. I'm sure their lawyers and accountants figured it would be cheaper to pay out any lawsuits and fix the bug in software rather than scrap an entire generation of CPUs.

So is the entire point of this video "Intel stock coolers are shit"? Because we already knew that. For more than a decade.

>test pc i7 has 115% performance
>aldi pc i7 has 100% performance
>aldi pc is 15% behind
This guy is really fast and loose with percentages and right after this keeps chattering off benchmark differences like this with different phrasing and directions. What an idiot, you need to be precise with this stuff.

I would personally go with B350 motherboard and get 1600 and OC it to 3.9 / 4ghz

the correct term for that is "efficient management"