FUCK INTEL

danluu.com/cpu-bugs/
>As someone who worked in an Intel Validation group for SOCs until mid-2014 or so I can tell you, yes, you will see more CPU bugs from Intel than you have in the past from the post-FDIV-bug era until recently.

>Why?

>Let me set the scene: It’s late in 2013. Intel is frantic about losing the mobile CPU wars to ARM. Meetings with all the validation groups. Head honcho in charge of Validation says something to the effect of: “We need to move faster. Validation at Intel is taking much longer than it does for our competition. We need to do whatever we can to reduce those times… we can’t live forever in the shadow of the early 90’s FDIV bug, we need to move on. Our competition is moving much faster than we are” - I’m paraphrasing. Many of the engineers in the room could remember the FDIV bug and the ensuing problems caused for Intel 20 years prior. Many of us were aghast that someone highly placed would suggest we needed to cut corners in validation - that wasn’t explicitly said, of course, but that was the implicit message. That meeting there in late 2013 signaled a sea change at Intel to many of us who were there. And it didn’t seem like it was going to be a good kind of sea change. Some of us chose to get out while the getting was good. As someone who worked in an Intel Validation group for SOCs until mid-2014 or so I can tell you, yes, you will see more CPU bugs from Intel than you have in the past from the post-FDIV-bug era until recently.

I hope Intel is gonna pay for their actions this time. Fucking jewish pricks.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/NHQLs
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
danluu.com/cpu-bugs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get rekt.
Join the AMD revolution.

bamp

Intel isn't actually any more jewish than AMD.
Where did that stupid meme come from?

Probably things like the billion dollar Anti-trust suit Intel lost and has been neglecting to payments towards for several years now

60% profit margins.

r&d costs, you know.

Yeah, and all that expensive TIM.

Enjoy niggers and gender studies majors designing your next line of CPU's, goys.

>Intel isn't actually any more jewish than AMD
archive.is/NHQLs

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

"Quality is not something taught. It is brought out from - within." -- Jorge Gonzoles 2032AD

hes going to get sued by intel soon.

>Intel isn't actually any more jewish than AMD.
Except their main R&D team is stationed in Haifa.

i wonder who is behind this post

>danluu.com/cpu-bugs/
It actually has an update for Meltdown:
>As a former Intel employee this aligns closely with my experience. I didn’t work in validation (actually joined as part of Altera) but velocity is an absolute buzzword and the senior management’s approach to complex challenges is sheer panic. Slips in schedules are not tolerated at all - so problems in validation are an existential threat, your project can easily just be canned. Also, because of the size of the company the ways in which quality and completeness are ‘acheived’ is hugely bureaucratic and rarely reflect true engineering fundamentals.

how does it feel to be so btfo?

DELET DIS

Just like the author of that White House tell-all book is gonna get sued soon? :^)

>senior management’s approach to complex challenges is sheer panic

Gotta love how the guy mentions AMD Ryzen bugs which were either fixed in firmware or offered free replacements for in context of various Intel bugs that were literal "fuck you & deal with it" to the customer.

And as we know Meltdown has been around for much longer than the aforementioned dates.

>Intel isn't actually any more jewish than AMD

>For a while, it looked likecloud vendors might be able to avoid the Intel tax by moving their computation onto FPGAs, but Intel bought one of the two serious FPGA vendors and, combined with their fab advantage, they look well positioned to dominate the high-end FPGA market the same way they’ve been dominating the high-end server CPU market. Also, their fine for anti-competitive practices turned out to be $1.45B, much less than the benefit they gained from their anti-competitive practices1.
this s*** happens all the f****** time, and in my opinion, it's a serious fault in American law.
also voice typing :^)

>fault
It's by design, user.