You have no limit on how much you can spend on a new computer or laptop...

You have no limit on how much you can spend on a new computer or laptop. What do you buy or what would you recommend buying?

I'd spend everything to the Free Software Foundation and get a thinkpad.

the best model of everything. im not going to spend hours on that shitty site selecting and searching for parts.

Thinkpad X220 maximum specs.

That's so gay. Since there's no limit, you realize that they'd become the richest and they wouldn't give a shit about free software anymore

>on a new computer or laptop
>new
I'd buy nothing.

imac pro because im not a greasy fedora neckbeard

i think we'r good to go aslong as stallman is behind it

If I had no limit to spend on a new computer or laptop I would build a cabin in some remote and isolated mountains instead. Fuck computers.

I'd hire someone to make me a billion-dollar personal computing cluster that runs windows and dota 2

>fuck computers
wecome to Sup Forums

>You have no limit on how much you can spend on a new computer or laptop.
Just one apple product

HP Z6, 40" monitor

TR4, HBAs and a shit load of drives

>trading being a greasy neckbeard for a special snowflake hipster

>no gpu
What did he mean by this?

I'll go with a 1080ti, i7-8700K, 32GB 3000Hz DDR4, 2TB SSD, 1440p 144Hz IPS and whatever components go with those

I know there are technically better components but they're way beyond diminishing returns

there is a gpu tho. it would be cheaper to only buy the mobo and cpu from them and buy everything else yourself.

>set up a company in a zero-tax country and create my own computer
>put price tag at one billion dollar
>buy it
>now have a new computer and one billion dollar

>3kHz ram
ehm

Can you imagine how obnoxiously loud that piece of shit would be?

I just googled some picture that could represent a random non-cheap PC setup. I was going to post an iMac Pro or something as a joke but I didn't want this thread to be something like a comparison between it and some other cheaper setup with a processor with 66 cores. Oh shit-

Dump 8 grand on a talos workstation with libreboot and power9. Then build my own distro, since I'm the only person alive using such a thing.

>no limit
>not buying a supercomputer

>no limit

So a single iPad?

>hire peeps to build waifubot 3000
>live life happily ever after

its technically also a computer, i guess

a 27 inch 1ms 144hz amoled 4k freesync monitor

1080ti, i7 8700k, some small and expensive itx case, 32gb of the fastest meme ram around, 2 tb ssd, a logitech g902, some meme tenkeyless keyboard with cherry mx reds and custom keycaps and keep using my dell aw3418dw.