Considering its price

Is the switch a good piece of technology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nsX6wkP7XyA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a toy. If you like it it's good.
Maybe has more experience on the matter.

No, price to performance its shit.

Well Sup Forums probably does have more experience in general but i want to talk about the specs and the technology within it rather than, well, the general console.

Spec aren't really interesting if it's fast enough to do the one thing it can. It's like discussing the specs of your microwave's MCU.

is it really? Considering its size and battery life, too?

It is Nintendo. It is overpiced by default.

Can it be rooted?

Yeah, it can’t manage 1080p, plastic screen, there are tablets with more power per dollar

No it's not worth it, it's being sold way above production cost, and you could get a cheap Android tablet with much more power for less.

Mario is fun though so if you want that, you should get it.

Its a gaming tablet without touchscreen who wants to be console with docking station and vendor only accepting controler.
It is everything I hate and more.

>there are tablets with more power per dollar
can they play better looking stuff than the switch for cheaper?

Soon team xexetuter of xbox fame is releasing a modchip for it this spring. Looks to be a standard glitch chip setup.

you're treating this handheld/console hybrid like it's next gen. which isn't fair desu

Basicly they got a hardware coldboot exploit. Probly in the bootrom

Time to grow up

Yes, there are tablets capable of running desktop games.

> it can’t manage 1080p
Yes it can.
>plastic screen
Yeah this is a bit tarded considering the dock
>there are tablets with more power per dollar
Which is then sucked away by Android and throttling by lacking any decent cooling.

Besides

>Virgin PS4/Xbox One
>Sells consoles at a loss because they know kids want bettur greyfixs over gameplay but their parents won't shell out the $700+ for it
>Release Pro/One X to trick kids into buying the same console twice
>Sell it at an even larger loss

>Chad Switch
>Sells for a profit because adults are buying it for themselves because they want that portability and Nintendo gameplay you just can't find anywhere else
>Still more affordable than its competitors

show them to me because i don't believe you

Prepare to see some late 90s/early 2000s titles posted your way.

>Yes it can.
Not on the battery it can't.

youtu.be/nsX6wkP7XyA

Is it good technology? Yes. Can you utilize it? No.

I love mine. Get Mario Odyssey and Zeldor my man.

Don't kid yourself. There are no tablets, much less at 300$, that could run a game liek breath of the wild at 30fps or odyssey at solid 60.

Well obviously not because the screen is only 720p because that's all you need on a 7-inch display.

It has 1 game.

On 7 inches you need at least QHD.

If the switch were a phone, it'd just be too large. But otherwise the Tegra X1 is OK, but not exceptional today. If anything the 720p screen will give it longetivity. I bought N3DSXL right after Switch came out because no gaymez

>Its a gaming tablet without touchscreen
Never seen a Switch before, huh?

Stay in Sup Forums, autist. People on Sup Forums are at least somewhat mature.

wow it runs overwatch on low at 20fps with huge spikes? Nice.
>(Intel Atom x5-Z8500, 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, Intel HD)
damn.......

It is an of the shelf Nvidia Tegra. Literally a tablet.

The games are good though.

Nvidia K1 Denver core from fucking 2014 would like to have a word with you.

A games console's purpose is to play games. What good is it if it has none?

>vendor only accepting controler.
8bitdo were able to retroactively make their entire range of bluetooth controllers compatible with the Switch and Nintendo hasn't even attempted to stop them.

All the inputs and outputs on the Switch are standard ports and protocols.

Yeah, it's a bottom of the barrel tablet and it still runs desktop games at half the price of a switch. If you're worried about performance on a fucking tablet there are tablets with external GPU support

Do you guys think that they will release a new switch revision soon? Like a switch+ or something with better screen/batteryLuife?

I play stardew valley in it. Very comfy.

They cloned the pro controller the switch controllers have no security

it's the same price though?

Also it uses Harmony OS which is the same Nintendo created for the 3DS. It's a Microkernel architecture.

I wonder if they could get more performance if it was a monolithic kernel.

True, but as a game console that chip is going to see its full potential used. Not just running candy crush or temple run and other games designed to run on all smartpotatoes.

>affordable

Oh noes hackers might read my controller movements and discover my pro mlg secrets to being totally fucking 1337.

>More affordable
Was the actual quote.

it usually takes Ninty about 4 or 3 years before doing a new version of the consoles/portables

Wii U was an expected exception

I think he means compatibles will be easy to make which is a good thing.

They sell the pro controller for $120 in my country.

yeah about that

not really Sup Forums though as it's just a rebranded shield that has games

I genuinely don't like it on principle due to Nintendo and various third parties emphasizing graphics and other gimmicks over performance. for example, how Doom and Zelda and Skyrim struggle to even stay at 30 FPS, and you can't even dream about getting to 60. But they handwave it by saying "oh but it's portable, so it's okay." I'm sorry, but I have higher standards than that, so I can't just accept a major loss in performance for the money you ask of me.It's just like with Intel. You can't ask me to continue supporting you because you claim to have a better process than AMD, especially when you do it by foregoing various security checks resulting in bugged, vulnerable hardware that can't even be fixed at the software level, and requires gimped performance and, in more extreme cases, a complete re-write of the OS itself. You can't just turn around and say "oh that's okay because you won't even miss that possible 30% performance decrease." Yeah, well screw you buddy, I noticed it plenty.

No man think of it this way an open source switch controller that has nice configrable options.

>replying to a shitposter
enjoy having the thread derailed

Homebrew is on its way. What software could see good use of it besides games?

nintendo quite literally has never made a console revision. the Wii is the ONLY exception.
They do make 10 versions of each portable thoguh

keep it to my shitposting friend :)

A fucking web browser for starters.

Is it Bluetooth? It would be nice if I could send Bluetooth from my PC to the switch as if it was a controller for automated runs.

Save manager , web browser launcher, a txt reader applet for reading guides while the game is running in the background.

Still way too expensive for what it offers.

60FPS is a bit like 3D movies, you notice it for about 5 minutes and then your eyes get used to it.

I didn't know whether this or a Nintendo wojak was more appropriate, so I'll choose it based on the board.

It has one but it is hidden. You can trigger it by using the wifi password screen or by clicking a link in puyo puyo's about us screen.

Seriously.

>chess
>2 golf games
>2 or 3 games that belong on Newgrounds
>ancient PC game
>obligatory mario and zelda

autism

You know you can do all that with your phone, right? Or some other device that isn't going to be displaying text on a 720p 6 inch screen lmao

>Automated Runs
>Having your PC play your games so you don't have to
Jesus, is playing games that much of a chore for you?

>More affordable
I mean, i want one as well but even if they are almost at the same price, the games (Switch's) are expensive as fuck where i live. Like triple the price for tacoland.

Yep bluetooth also the latest fw can be controlled by a usb joystick. So someone made a splatoon mesage writer that does art. It was modified into a mario odessy jumprope bot. It can grind rpg games for you if you got the teensy++ an programing skills

The Wii U wasn't supposed to be a revision. It was supposed to be its successor, but it bombed.

yeah and portability :D

You don't like chess? What are you, a brainlet?

Why can't you just use your phone? The Switch just isn't a standalone device.

all videogames are toys

He is asking if is worth it or should he wait for the Extreme Switch and Max Steel vs Shark edition

>not playing chess on a proper board with wooden pieces

A phone can manage switch save files ?

no, the switch can do that already

kek

I fail to see any meaningful difference lol

Hey man dont laugh but in the vita scene people buy shit bundles like that to get an exploitable console. The bundles dont sell so the fw is low.

i am not talking about the Wii u my Lad. I am talking about the wii mini

The browser is the first vector of attack one looks for. It's a complex piece of technology with exploits coming out regularly and they don't just patch and update it that often. It has a 1 year old webkit with plenty of usable exploits.

The proper board and wooden pieces DLC increases your Rook's attack by 50%.

uh ok

Well exactly, Nintendo aren't risking people's information for redundant features.

Bullshit new 3ds, nes toploader, slim snes ( yes it exists), ags-101 gba, and the ganecubes wirhout the digital out

Don't ever let me catch you badmouthing golf story again

>uh ok
Are you one of those who count the pikachu n64 as a revision, too?

Isnt that just the European version of the Super Famicon?

The fuck are you talking about? The SNES jr is a hardware revision to reduce its size and cost by using the updated technology of the time.

The Pikachu N64 is a different case.

>nintendo quite literally has never made a console revision

Dude there are a lot of changes in the board ob that model many chips made into one asic

my B

It's great honestly

although the screen is only 720p, it has great visual quality, the problem is that it's covered by plastic instead of glass, so a screen protector is obligatory, but again being made of plastic means it is more durable and wont crack from drops or bends

the real issues are that the usb port is on the bottom, so you can't charge it while it's standing on a table

and that the stand if very flimsy and comes off easily, a good thing is that the stand if designed to come off and be able to be inserted again, so it doesn't break if you put on too much force on it

This is Sup Forums. If I have to do something twice, then I'm gonna automated.

Building it is as much fun as playing the game itself and gives you something to do once you finish it.

Dont forget the fds combo and the titler with full rgb suport

The euro SNES is the same as the Japanese. Only America got the weird version.

So you want to automate rng tasks. Seems fair

If a game wasn't fun enough for a second play through then why even bother with a second play through?

Heck, why even bother with a first playthrough?

NEW GAME+

Can each Game & Watch be considered a separate revision Sup Forums?

300$ is a price that many has expected to see before the reveal of Switch. It's not overpriced.