Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/app/322330/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't, faggot

I get free shit

I'm from third world where 1 game is 2 weeks of delicious food eating

I don't.
It's free shit.

You cant tell me what I can and cant do with the things I bought.
If I want to share them I will.

>Anime
Go to hell

This! Stop watching anime and get a life, losers

normies should pay for everything
real pirates never will

you can't
it's a serious issue

I'm a copimist so what you call "piracy" is a holy act to me.
Go right to hell with calling it thievery.

How do you justify putting a price tag on a bunch of 1s and 0s that can be replicated flawlessly a near infinite number of times?

fsociety

I'm poor

Because it’s quicker, easier, and doesn’t lock you into any specific company’s bullshit DRM

I feel it is unethical but I do not care, at all. If someone doesn't want me enjoying the work they created unless I pay as they asked, I should not use it. Without the IP validity endless debate, I just don't care.

There is way too much crap games, movies and stuff. I don't want to support shit creators nor I have enough money to buy every shit that can be good.
I could not buy any of them, or simply pirate everything and pay only for content I enjoyed. There is nothing morally wrong with any of them.

You can't focus on making content if you don't have have money for living.

Also steam doesn't allow me to install windows games on linux without separated wine steam installation.

>How do you justify putting a price tag on a bunch of 1s and 0s

The price tag isn't on that, autist. The price tag is on the work involved in producing the 1s and 0s, you're paying for the work THEN, to see the output of said work.

I don't. Stealing ships and/or their cargo is a crime and I don't see a single reason to support it.

>Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

you can't own something that isn't scarce

I haven't pirated at all this year. All my music is through spotify, Netflix has most things I want and I got a 4k UHD tv/Bluray player for Christmas

Every time I legally buy a movie, I have to sit through 3 fucking years of "Piracy is EVIL" and "Here's a trailer for a movie! Sure it sucked when it came out last year, but remember to see it in theaters!" and "Hang tight partner, It'll start soon!" Do you think I want to sit through this unskippable bullshit, and PAY for the privilege?
Compare that when someone pirates, then it's just "Bam, motherfucker. Here's your stuff." No muss, no fuss.

I don't care, it's less hassle and no time wasted

I don't. I don't need to.

We don't
People really shouldn't rob other people in the sea, it's wrong or something

I don't, that's why I haven't pirated in decades.

It's been so long I almost forgot about this kind of bullshit.
I cannot believe I used to buy optical suffering.

This is absolutely not true. I'm from the 3rd world too and the price difference thing that Steam does makes everything really cheap. A game that in USA costs 40 bucks, in my currency costs the equivalent to 15 bucks; 6 bucks in a sale. It's really the money you earn in a couple hours of work. You must be favela-tier and your "delicious food" is probably canned beans or something. I pity you.

My justification: I can do whatever I want

It's free you fucking autist. What justification?

If I use a VPN can I get your cheap poverty vidyas? What currency

I don't
>Thou shalt not steal

This is absolute bullshit. I've seen steam stores while I was in different countries and also by using vpns. Sometimes they update the prices if it's profitable for them but they almost never change prices to adjust to the currency rates, let alone adjust prices due to poor consumers.

since i purchased street fighter x tekken games for windows live i'm not spending cash on anything like this ever again

Broke AF, living in the ghetto & just not giving a shit desu.

Because I can, and someone needs to keep piracy alive, so you goys have somewhere to run when Noseberg is penetrating your soiboi ass.

In early 2000, I pirated because I live in Sweden, and had to wait about 6-12 Months for new games to be released as PAL, as they needed to be translated to cuck,homo and spic languages even thou Swedes learned English as a second langugage. By downloading the US version, I could enjoy games 6-12 months before the hype died.

Also new movies took about 3-6 Months to go into the Cinema. The American DVD was released before It got into Theatres here.

So by downloading, I could sidestep the jewery and shit.

This piracy led to what you have today, global releases on Steam, Netflix, Spotify, movies etc.

The problem is that Spotify makes no money, Netflix is being butchered now that every jew with a camera want's his own $9.99 streaming service. And Piracy is pretty much dead.

And when piracy dies, you think that you will still have spotify netflix etc? Why would they give you shit for free (Spotify havent made money since it's inception, Commercials wont cut it, the ones paying for your spotify music is the investors).

No, when streaming have killed piracy, they will kill streaming and go back to $24.99 for a BD-movie and $39.99 for a Album.

And my biggest reason for pirating? Because i get free shit. If Hollywood looses money, pay actors less, pay producers less, stop making movies if you don't profit. I don't give a shit.

Stop making music, stop making games.

I don't give a fuck, run out there and give em your money if you want them to make money. I want them to fail, burn and die.

why the fuck is shorthand to be honest, DESU/desu correcting to desu???

You don't?

Pretty sure the golden age of piracy ended centuries ago tho.

Also, if you dont pirate because there reasons.

>It's illegal
>You might get fined, sent to jail

Drop the soy and get your test levels checkd, you beta bottom bitch soiboi

I justify it with anti-piracy shill threads

People don't make threads shilling something if it's true or can stand on its own merits, so whoever is shilling is the liar

I don't understand if you're saying that my post is bullshit or that what Steam does is unfair to you. Either way, stay mad.
>never change prices to adjust to the currency rates
They have different prices in different region, they don't have to be equivalent. For example steamdb.info/app/322330/ , it costs 18 bucks in the most expensive region, but only 3.70 in the cheapest one. Games are very cheap if you live outside english speaking countries and cucked europe.
No that wouldn't work. Those games are locked in several ways. There's a purchase filter (you can bypass with VPN or traveling but there might be consequences), then there's an activation region lock, and then there's a lock that only allows you to play within certain country. If you're in a "I'm my government's cattle" tier country (e.g. USA), then you also have to change it in your settings and verify that this change is true for the tax thing purposes. So basically you're fucked.

But steam is the only option here. Physics and console gaymes are expensive af also if u dont want to be cucked by drm gog is expenisve too.
We are fucked anyway.

Becuase its only going to be a matter of time before great digital works of art will all be moved to the blockchain.

Im also not letting something like "royalties" get in the way of the technological singularity. The more everyone accumulates and media everyone assimilate the sooner that happens.

i don't justify it, i don't need to. The world is yours for the taking, only fools follow laws written on paper.

this kills the anti-piracy shillfag

You're either lying out of your ass or you're a fucking autist. I've been to asian and sea countries before and checked steam stores there. I've also checked steam stores in different airports. The price only changes to account for differences in currency rates. But only if that change benefits valve. If usd is cheaper than the local currency, valve either doesn't change it or changes it only slightly.

Not might, you do get fined, it is happening, and not just since yesterday
Then what?

Piracy isn't immoral, you aren't depriving something from anyone.

get a VPN and cruise like it's nothing, join some private trackers.

What kind of pussy would give up, also if they send you letters, send it into the trash.

Copyright law is absolute bullshit rigged to make big publishers truckloads of money by using the legal system as a club against people they don't like. This includes independent content creators who won't pay the Hollywood tax.

Unless the publisher is a jew and sets the price manually instead of just rolling with Steam's regional pricing. Bandai and Square Enix comes to mind.

Who the fuck says I'm a moral man.Piracy is life

im comunist have no respect for monetary systems

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words .

>piracy
Do not use that word to describe copying files as it has not in common with killing people and pillaging on the high seas.

I don't rob and murder people on the high seas so I don't need to.

I honestly get pised off when I see retards bitching about "muh gayme devs need to eat, gib monies". Like the idiots who worked for the game need to wait to get 0.0069 shekels from every single copy of the game and are not actually paid to work.

How much do you think everyone should get paid for making and selling a video game?

It makes me look cool.

First tell me how much should those modders get paid for making dlc-sized and sometimes a whole game-size mods(which are normally way better than what actual devs push out to rake in monies) and distributing it for free?

>I don't understand if you're saying that my post is bullshit or that what Steam does is unfair to you. Either way, stay mad.
Trully a third worlder, you're retarded dude.
>They have different prices in different region, they don't have to be equivalent
No shit.
>No that wouldn't work...So basically you're fucked.
Alteast we have clean water to drink and flush our shit in the toilet.

>justify
That's what poser normalfags do. I pirate because I can, if something is available for free you bet I'd take it instead of paying absurd prices.

Copyright infringement isn't piracy.

You are an autist, user. When you "check Steam store there" you see your regular store because that's how Valve does things. You don't have to travel overseas to see different Steam stores - just go to the website without logging in and switch the region around.via VPN or something. Compare the prices for US and Russia for instance.

justice is a spook

So did they make the engine, IP and all other required content for even the most basic functionality?

this. take while the taking is there.

but i need to eat user, i made 1000$ in 5months and my games where played in the millions...

>I can't into business: the post

I don't pirate games anymore. However, I can't see myself actually paying for, say, Photoshop.

Holy shit bone up on your rhetoric bro.
Modders would have probably started a company and sold their software, like many of those successful mods like counter strike and Dota did.
Otherwise a modder does what he does becuase he loves it so much and he has the skills to do so.

Truly an absolute retard. You think I'm as autistic as you to check store prices from my phone or pc like I normally do and screech over here about prices? Btw, that link your gave? Those are the lowest prices recorded, i.e. prices during sales, not normal prices.

idk faggot, but they sure as hell didn't charge me for a dlc that'd cost me $50 bucks if it was made by the devs; even though I paid $60 for the game and $40 more for the """bonus content""" and $25 more for the 2 extra missions on launch day.

>having no idea about how shit works
Yeah man, I'm sure that the faggots that make gaymes >"""out of passion for gayming and cause I wuv it, no other reasons tehee"""
only get paid if the copies get sold.

I do not pirate. I do not consume products I do not support (financially or otherwise).

Wouldn't have bought it.

hey nice to see you there, I really enjoyed Cuphead

fuck adobe

what's wrong with borrowing your friends cd to listen to it in the car ?

I buy (or buy later) if I think it's deserved.

I don't give a shit about the rest. (((Intellectual property))) is a state monopoly and it's shit.

What's wrong with borrowing books from the library and making photocopies?

Virtually everything I pirate is foreign made by foreign companies, so by pirating I'm ameliorating the trade deficit, while spending the money I saved in local products and services.

True if you're russian or brazilian maybe

>virtual youtuber
>anime

>weebshit
>youtuber
Go to hell

Go back.

To where?

I am very interested in technology and free software, so where else should I go?