>2018
Is the Dell UltraSharp U2414H still the best value under 250 bucks monitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AqDOefJc7a4
youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s
pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#a=16010
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i have the U2415 (bought new for $170) & P2418HT (new $220)
both satisfied my needs

LG 25UM58-P or 29UM58-P are way better

> touch controls
Why the FUCK do manufacturers keep pushing this meme onto their products?
They are shit. They always have been, and they always will be inferior to physical buttons.
And this is Dell's “““professional””” line. You might think they would hold back on BS fad antifeatures a bit, but no.

Jesus H Christ I'm so assblasted right now

>ultra wide

Do you have brain issues?

I bought 2 recently and they're absolutely fantastic
Wouldn't mind an ultrawide for movies though

I hate it
Every time I try to switch between inputs I accidentally touch something else which brings up the menu and I have to wait like half a minute for it to disappear
Horrible design

why do you even use them?

redpill me on why ultra wide is bad, a friend of mine got some samsung curved 2560x1080 ultrawide recently

It's not like I can change it and I can't cough up 200 bucks for a monitor just because of this shit

>monitor power button
>disable light
>disabled while computer is powered
>starts flashing when computer is off

16:9 was a way to jew half of the pixels you would have with 4:3
21:9 is a way to jew half of the pixels they left you with

i mean why do you use these buttons

Still the simplest way to switch between the 2 computers connected

I want a high-refresh rate IPS monitor. Why the fuck don't they exist?

>why do you use these buttons?
To adjust settings you fucking mongoloid

Yeah but it's something you only have to set up once then never worry about again.

So how do you switch between inputs for 2 different machines?

I don't.

until you have to

How do you turn off/on the monitor?

I don't. Literally what modern monitor doesn't do this automatically when no input is detected?

They do exist. There are plenty of 1440p 144Hz IPS monitors out there. For $500 and up

>iDon't

They exist if you want to pay 700€

I bought this monitor like 4 years ago and I was recently looking for something new and looks like this is still the only option
What the flying fuck is happening with monitors

For like 20 bucks more you can get the Acer GN246HL which is 144Hz and has great reviews on pcpartpicker

>8ms
tf mane

>using a 24" 1080P monitor after 2014

enjoy your fuckhuge pixels, even your Lenovo Thinkpad with 1366x768 at 15.6" screen has higher pixel density than the memesharps/ultramemes

>muh pixels

I have a 4k display too and I have so many issues when I'm doing anything but looking at my desktop with it that I just stopped using it

>Comparing a 144Hz monitor to an ultrasharp
Get out

What exactly is ultrasharp about it cause it sure ain't the resolution

Panel uniformity and colour accuracy.

the Dell S2418H can be found for $150 and it has freesync and better display

Colour accuracy.

What these two said
Also the fact ultrasharps are decent monitors that will last you nearly forever, any bright pixels are also covered for the warranty period of 3 years up to 5

So why does it have worse reviews

Because normalfas don't even understand what "colour accuracy" means and why consistent reproducibility is important in content creation.

IDK you tell me

Cuphead got really good reviews, should I get that instead?

Cupheat is a legit GOTY 2017 contender. Reviews aren't wrong

could it be that Amazon groups 20 different products into one page and consolidates all product's reviews into one category???????

>locked to 60FPS

was it made by Bethesda by any chance?

what? Bethesda games aren't locked at 60

>literal hand-drawn animation
>why can't it go faster?

OP get the U2417H, its an improved version of the 14H. It has physical buttons instead.

yeah because it would make a massive difference in reviews when they group a 24 inch panel with its 27 inch version

and on amazon they have exactly the same score, but still that 144Hz man

The Evil Within and Wolfenstein: TNO/TOB off the top of my head, I'm playing through Wolfenstein right now and with the framerate unlock fix I'm using, fast mouse movement causes a ton of animation/motion judder which makes me sick really fast. :^(

neither of those games were developed by Bethesda

Well I dunno then, ask the guy you replied to.

youtube.com/watch?v=AqDOefJc7a4
youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s

>Is the Dell UltraSharp U2414H still the best value under
>16:9
brb

I've seen 144hz before and DESU I still rather have decent colors with an IPS or VA panel than fast framerates with a TN
It's also still acer which has always been the bottom of the barrel for anything PC related.

Is there any decent 16:10 FORMAT monitor !???
Those fucks pushed 16:9 all the way and dumbasses like OP kept buying them. Now there's nothing in that ratio produced after 2016 or so.

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#a=16010

works on my machine

You're right, you win by paying up to double for a tiny bit of extra vertical resolution.

U2412M still manufactured, last three revisions have had DC controlled backlight dimming. All now have the AUO panels with terrible glow, like in the succeeding 'bezeless' model U2415.

And now there is also new white variant. Any experience?

Eizo CX240, CX241, CG247 and CG2420. All - except the last - have Samsung PLS panels with polarizing filter that effectively kills glow. The CG2420 Sharp manufactured panel has same features, but somewhat higher contrast.

:^)

Just get the u2417h its newer has a nicer bezel and can do a custom resolution at 75hz 1080p

>1920x1080
>$250

GET THE FUCK OUT

>2016
>Needing to replace monitor after 12 months or so

>Needing to replace monitor after 12 months

I don't. I want a modern resolution.

>1500 bucks for a 1920x1200 monitor

what are you smoking

How long does a monitor last?

Which scenario is worse for life span?

>number of turn on/turn off
>number of hours powered on

(like hard drives)?

There's Asus PA249q, but most reviews suggest they are way worse than PA246q CCFL.
I'll wait for non-meme qdot displays and probably jump to 4K when it gets reasonably priced unless my current display dies.
Wait, you want 3840x2400? Because 2560x1600 is not really that modern, even though modern displays exist, for example UP3017.
My only concern with 2560x1600 displays is scaling of 1080p content, otherwise I'd get UP3017 and a pair of cheap 1200x1600 20" just for the cyberpunk aesthetics.

2560x1600 is enough if the monitor isn't bigger than 24"

>Resolution is the only feature of a monitor

NEC PA302W has very good interpolation, just like its smaller brethen of same model generation. That UP3017 uses exact same panel, but has shitty, unconfigurable gamma among other things. And this 30.1" panel has massive glow.

>30.1"
29.8", sorry.

With the current LED edgelit LCD monitors, if they have good capacitors in the psu section, can last 100000 hours easily. CCFL after that time have dimmed quite a bit.

But again CRT monitor with good psu section and decent poles can last a long time too. My Eizo T960 has 78900 or so hours of usage, with very little dimming and no other problems either.

>NEC PA302W
Might as well get a pair of 4K displays, 16:9 is not as much of an issue at over 1080 pixels.
>UP3017 has shitty, unconfigurable gamma
Wait, seriously? On a fucking PremierColor? Fuck you Dell.

>CCFL after that time have dimmed quite a bit.
Can confirm, comfortable brightnes level on my PA246q went from 30% to 40% over the 10 years I had it.

>Might as well get a pair of 4K displays
Why, because of the price? That is a list price and I see US prices ranging from 800-1200$. And the only 4K I know - Eizo CG318-4K - cost double that.

Of course if you mean UHD, maybe consider NEC PA322UHD. If you can stand the AR, it's a nice monitor with glow killing polarizing filter, very good performance all around color wise, fairly low input lag and dims to very low levels at constant contrast ratio even when using the ColorComp.
And, of course, if you get panel without backlight bleeding (even the glow comparison picture on NEC's Japanese product site for the PA322UHD has backlight bleeding).

And by the way, the panel on PA322UHD uses 'quantum-dot' filter over the blue edgelight LED's, which seems to work fairly well when compared to green and blue leds with red filter in regards to color spectre (blue has only slightly higher peak than red and green).

I'm considering a up3017. Not professional photographer or shit but lots of docs / scientific images. Would you recommend? Or anything in the range (up to 700)

So you're literally retarded, got it

>Resolution is the only feature of a monitor
More of a feature than a couple of autism lines.

Anyone has the L27Q-10? need a decent but cheap 1440p monitor

It has the said defects - the specific panel has massive IPS glow and the Dell model has bad gamma with no option to reconfigure it. The NEC with exact same panel has very good default configuration and has programmable LUT in three dimensions.

The panel also seem to have problem with dark vertical lines (BLB demonstration picture with longer exposure of prad.de's PA302 review shows this), a defect which appears on NEC PA302, Dell UP3017, Iiyama XB3070WQS, Lenovo LT3053p and HP Z30i - which is not surprising since they all use the same panel.

I would not recommend the Dell UP3017 or the NEC PA302. The Dell I've used only for maybe 15 hours or so, two units, both of which had shitty gamma.
One should rather seek the previous NEC model PA301 used, which has in my opinion (I have one and I had PA302 for a year) better panel all things considered: the contrast stays higher when dimmed to 75 candelas (but dimmer than that it goes down rapidly) when compared to PA302, there is no black lines on the panel, the coating of the panel is almost identical (semi-matte) to the one on PA302, it has slightly shorter input lag, but weights few kilos more and has almost double the power usage because of CCFL backlight.

But the Iiyama XB3070WQS, which US prices I don't know, but which usually costs 700 yuros or less in Europe, has fairly good gamma and general color configuration with it's sRGB mode, but sadly you can't configure ANYTHING in that mode and the brightness is set at constant 65 candelas. With the 'customisable' modes the minimum brightness is 125 candelas and you can't configure gamme, which at that mode does not confort to sRGB or to straight 2.2.

The Lenovo model, if I remember correctly, has decent gamma default configuration (but with no option to configure it), but shitty color configuration, fixing which is limited to R G B sliders and it has terrible overdrive, with, again, no option to turn it off.
It does dim to fairly low candelas (45) at constant contrast levels and has very short input lag.

I need two monitors. Considering UltraSharp U2412M. Any thoughts?

Since there seems to be many "display pros" in this thread. Has anyone stumbled upon these vertical lines in monitors before? They are hard to explain and searching for it online is hard because it's such a generic question that it gives unrelated shit.

This only appears on specific colors like light blue, orange and brown (from my experience). I think it has to do with how big the pixels are? Let me explain.

>24" monitor 1080p: sometimes these lines can be seen (for example, one of my Dell Ultrasharp U2414H has it, while the other U2414H does not), and then a cheapshit IPS panel from another brand also has it, but way more noticable.
>25" 1440P does NOT have this problem (only tested with two monitors of the same product from the brand AOC
>42" TV has the same subtle horizontal lines but they are much more bigger (this could be because of the same pixel count as the 24" but the pixels are bigger?)

It's not banding (gradient not being smooth), so what could it be? None of my smartphones and tablets have this (1080P on 5-10", so the pixels are really small).

Am I being a retard here? Rotating the montiors in protrait mode makes the lines become vertical instead.

Can there be a "missalignment" of the pixels when applying them to the panel, and it's much more noticable for monitors with fuckhuge pixels?

Taking a picture is hard because all you see are the fuckhuge pixels. Can best be viewed in person. (and the affected monitors have been tried with VGA, DP, HDMI, DVI and Windows 7. 8,1, 10, Ubuntu, Debian and Nvida and AMD graphics cards).

>FHD
>60hz
>8ms gtg
>best value under 250$
what the fuck
>BenQ BL2420PT
>QHD
>60hz
>5ms gtg
>under 250$
inb4 muh bezels

This.

>get op monitor for second room and no video games intent
>can't look at my 144hz gaymur monitor anymore because colors/display looks like shit and can't look at my ultrasharp anymore because 60hz feels like a slideshow after getting used to 144hz

SEND FUCKING HELP

I have a U2415 and an ancient at this point U2311. Both are OK.

>muh resolution

You retarded pieces of shit, more pixels doesn't mean better image, I see shit I don't even knew it existed with my old monitor in some common images since I have my ultrasharp

>decided to go against 144hz as I knew using my laptop afterwards would be painful
>went for IPS
best choice I made

>muh resolution doesn't matter
Please oh please show me examples where I wouldn't see some kind of fucking details on my 1440p IPS monitor that costs just a bit more than your ultrashit

I actually have one I'm looking to get rid of for cheap if someone wants to buy it. works perfectly I just realized I don't really like dual monitors

its the 23" ultrasharp with no stand, vesa comaptible, I can sell you the dual stand I bought for it that I used it with too.

I agreed with the post that said resolution isnt everything.

refresh rate is everything
panel is secondary

U2417H is a lot nicer

I have an LG 25UM55-P and honestly I would rather have a 2K monitor than a 1080p ultrawide monitor. I would rather go back to the normal aspect ratio and have a higher resolution for better reading.

i have a 480hz prototype monitor and it's fucking awesome.
hope the market will catch up soon.

No, I literally just bought U2417H for $150.

you can get ips with 144+hz