I

I...
Who is this for? Why does this exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/34189/google-pushes-its-employees-to-use-macs-not-its-own-os-or-windows/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_GMU7-sjs
youtube.com/watch?v=9zQZl7dimOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for the same reason the macbook exists:
rob stupid people of their money

In what universe is the MacBook nearly as pointless as a Pixelbook?
I mean, sure, the MacBook might not be the best laptop in the world but Jesus at least it can do some things other than just open Chrome.

True believers. Mainly tech reviewers and """journalists""". Basically consumer whores with no foresight

>Build a Bugatti
>replace the engine with some crappy '96 Buick
>sell for Bugatti prices

>Who is this for?
Google, obviously

Google hardware and software showcase, internal developer use, premium Chromebook that elevates the profile of Chromebooks in general.

for the few google employees that don't use macbooks. or the absolutely retarded google fanboy

This makes no sense.
It's chromeOS, so you can't do much with it
It's retardedly expensive, so it doesn't have the low price factor
It's not ARM, so you still have IME

Macs are now mainstream and have been for several years, hipsters need new obscure 'le quirky' tech to tout in public.

Part of Google's masterplan (taking over the planet).

>google
Enjoy your botnet.

It's an aesthetic machine, the last Pixel 2 LS was absolutely beautiful. Amazing screen and battery makes it a superb Linux daily driver.

People who want to browse facebook from a high quality display an a premium feeling tablet.

It works wonders for apple, might just as well work for google.

Only a bunch of nerds need performance

You can at least fucking install any OS on a macbook and macOS at least has some productivity software that people would require other than a fucking barebones office suite. I'll take the macbook any day of the week over this stupid piece of shit.

for people too cheap to buy a macbook pro with retina display

If I win the lottery should I buy one of those

I heard they're shit

>google employees use macbooks

???

there is a large portion of crapple consumers who are only chose them for superficial hardware features
goolag is also developing their own walled botnet OS in order to nab some market share

>I heard they're shit
You heard that from Sup Forums.
Sup Forums also likes telling people how to make mustard gas.

Don't always listen to Sup Forums. Make a decision independently and go with that. Pick a road and go down it.

tweaktown.com/news/34189/google-pushes-its-employees-to-use-macs-not-its-own-os-or-windows/index.html
your new is showing

stop trying to inject race conditions between 'i' and 'who', op

for google drones
they are like mac drones but without sense of aesthetics

there was a time where the macbook was actually a great option if you wanted a highly portable solution. But post-jobs apple has gone full retard.

>waaah my usb type a
>waaah my floppy disks
usb type c can do pretty much anything all the other ports on the older macbooks could do, and better.
learn to move on.

You can't run Android apps on a Macbook.

You can on a Pixelbook.

I stand by the touch bar. It's a useless gimmick, yes, but it's more natural to use than pecking away at a wobbly display on a laptop that isn't really sure if it even wants to be a laptop anymore.

I wish you could read the hot garbage you just fingered onto your greasy keyboard right now holy fuck

kek

I love my cheap chromebook but never understood the expensive ones

Help me Sup Forums. I know how absolutely pants on head retarded this is. But for some reason I want it.

I would agree with that, putting a touchscreen on a laptop seems pretty fucking weird. I see something like a MS Surface Pro as more logical.

I promise you, after watching youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_GMU7-sjs and youtube.com/watch?v=9zQZl7dimOc the dream gets decimated, fast.

Fuck off trip faggot.

are you sure this has an unlocked bootloader though desu i was looking on youtube a week or so again to see if anyone had installed other os' onto one of these and haven't founda nything

>Sup Forums also likes telling people how to make mustard gas.
kek what is this 2009

me

What does the latest macbook pro model have that the previous doesn't, since a lot of people complained about the USB Cs

>GOD MOM I ONLY ENCOURAGED THOSE TEENS TO CUT THEMSELVES LIKE 3 YEARS AGO LET IT GO

Google wants to join the premium laptop market

Faster, thinner. That's about it.

I got a $150 Chromebook for christmas, was curious, plugged in a 64 GB SD card, installed linux via crouton, and was floored. Thought it was gonna be a piece of shit but for 150 bux its a beautiful linux box that has a battery that lasts all day with enough horsepower to play Civ V. I don't even use the ChromeOS for anything apart from built in power management anymore (the buttons to change volume and screen brightness). However, I couldn't for the life of me figure out the logic behind the pricepoint of the Pixelbook. I thought Chromebooks were supposed to be cheap machines that, with a 20 dollar SD card, became a perfect portable linux platform.

Oh alright. Those are not bad things I guess. I was wondering because within the last half a decade there were people recommending older models all the time and it was kind of difficult to keep track of which were better than the rest considering things like overheating, throttling or whatever.

>tech nig , linus shill tips
>>/reddit/

$150 chromebooks are fantastic. I started using one after I came all over my macbook and apple wanted $750 to fix it.

MacBooks have always been great heaters.
Throttling is just an issue that Apple doesn't seem to give a shit about. Otherwise, the new MacBooks are just fine. I don't understand the point of the 12-inch MacBook, though. There's no reason for it to exist.

Yes but the thing is, it's $150. That's pretty cool.
The Pixelbook is literally a $1,200 Chromebook that can't even run most other Linux distros.

If possible I'd probably just get the top model of macbook pro that can be acquired at the moment. I wonder how that would work in comparison to my sort of old desktop build with an i5 4460 and a 280X, I'm not expecting graphics performance but maybe good CPU performance

Is that picture safe? Watched it for a while and now I feel kinda funny.

You could do that but it would be like $4,000. For a laptop.

Damn. Are laptops so bad still? I don't exactly consider my desktop to be a powerhouse at the moment.

It's probably safe. Most flash seizures are induced at 45 fps, this one is 29. It hurts to look at, but you're mostly good.

Incorrect. The new models have awful support for any OS other than osx and windows.

Wait never mind. I totally overestimated. Maxed out is $2,799.00. Still, a lot.

So you cannot install a Linux distro?

It's not even that much of a loss to be honest. You can still do 700 times more stuff on either OS than Chrome OS, that's for sure. Everyone jokes about macOS being a facebook machine but that's literally what this pixelshit is.

>Are laptops so bad still?
Nope, a powerful laptop could totally replace a desktop unless it's for intense gayming.
But you wouldn't use a Mac for gaming anyway. Not a good idea. Music, graphic design, animation, video editing, sure. Gaming, no.

Yeah I get that. I wouldn't buy it for that but it'd be cool if I didn't have much trouble doing some video editing there or firing up a few virtual machines.

If you wanted, you could get a Windows laptop or a MacBook nowadays and hook it up to an external display. Get a wireless keyboard and a mouse, keep the laptop charging and on sleep, and suddenly you basically have a desktop that you can take around with you.
There's a whole subreddit based around the concept, actually.

You can boot it up but there's awful driver support, even for ubuntu. I don't think the keyboard even works. The 2015 model however, still runs every OS fine which is why I don't plan on upgrading for a while.

halo effect for lower chromebooks, thats my only guess

That would be the plan indeed. I do have a setup like that with a X220 but the thing that takes away from the experience is obviously the performance. Otherwise it's exactly what I want.

but the touch bar is literally pecking away at display (not wobbly though).

it's the dumbest thing ever, because you lose tactility. you need to LOOK DOWN FROM THE SCREEN TO FIND THE SOFTWARE BUTTON. how dumb is that? I've been touch typing for 20 years, why would I want to go back to hunt and peck?

You barely need to look down though, your peripheral vision is probably more than enough to deal with that one issue.

Yes but
1.) The Function keys don't really need to always be there, might as well utilize that space
2.) No need to move your fat arms from keyboard to screen and back; which also means no greasy fingerprint screen
3.) the Touch Bar is to be treated less like a 'display' and more like a set of fluid buttons.

The touch bar can actually be kinda useful sometimes and oddly enough it does seem to sort of lend itself to muscle memory if you're familiar with the program. It becomes instinct to reach for the scrubber on the touch bar sometimes, for example, instead of using the arrow buttons or track pad. It's just kinda nice. Gimmicky, but nice.
Also, keys on the back of a thick tablet is not a comfy feel and the Surface Laptop doesn't even flip so idk what the fuck is going on there

I can say that muscle memory actually works with touchscreen displays even when there's no haptic feedback at all. I can easily be texting someone on an android phone without looking at the screen with precision because I've been using the thing for long enough. Even though there's no feedback it's not that difficult to point out where the keys might be.

So why was the Chromebook Pixel so well received while this thing was a heap of trash? Literally what is even the difference here