I've had my current android phone for 6 years (I get attached), but the phone's starting to slow down

I've had my current android phone for 6 years (I get attached), but the phone's starting to slow down.

Are there any cleaner/optimization apps that aren't snakeoil, and that would actually help me speed this thing back up a little?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/dp/B00Q7C6FTA/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item_image
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Factory reset.

Do a factory reset. Or take this opportunity to install a newer ROM.

these, look up on how to factory reset your phone or install a ROM on it
i think the most used ROM is lineageos, not sure
haven't meddled in this yet

Oh and a little more on topic, OP: most "optimizer" are literally snakeoil that do nothing.

lineageOS is a continuation of cyanogenmod.

Not to hijack OP's shit thread, but I use the Resurrection Remix ROM. Is that worse than Lineage?

Get a job and buy a new iPhone.

and has it done something bad?

Install a custom ROM. Kept my Galaxy S2 Plus running since it came out until I replaced it a few months ago.

It's basically Lineage with mild pajeet "enhancements". It also gets updated after Lineage since it's based on it.

S2+? Holy shit dude.

Ah, I think my next rom will be Lineage then. Honestly, I've never had any real problems with RR, but I do like to experiment. Thanks for the answer user.

Get a good ROM and a custom battery and your phone will literally never fail.

My old Note 4 is still my MAIN phone thanks to a custom battery that lasts 8 days without a charge and LineageOS.

Runs like a dream and never dies. Heavy as a brick though, but that's the batteries fault and now I have a partial bullet-proof vest.

Well, as I said, the "enhancements" are still pretty low-key compared to other roms, but Lineage would still be preferred for the faster updates. Also technically it should be more stable since it's closer to stock android.

Sd maid is the only 'optimiser'/cleaner I use.

>easy to use
>no ads
>no cash-begging

Let me guess, it's botnet?

>what kind of device it has to be? htc dream? first desire? moto milestone?
>it's actually 2012
>nexus 4 times
holy shit, i imagined 6yo smartphone as winmo5 device

anyway, if factory reset won't help, it means software had moved on and you need to change the smartphone if you want performance. disabling everything in rom toolbox and switching multitasking stuff might help a bit though, i remember running android 4.2 on moto milestone in "single task" mode where everything was killed after exitting the window

This. The iPhone X is GOAT.

You pay for the unlocker

1.) uninstall/disable apps you don't use
2.) install nova app launcher from the play store
3.) go to dev/nova settings and disable animations
4.) go to storage in phone settings and clear cache
5.) reboot
6.) repeat steps 4-5 every time you go to sleep (can be automated

Wrong board

>having to do all this for a usable phone

lmao

What phone do you have

>My old Note 4 is still my MAIN phone thanks to a custom battery that lasts 8 days without a charge

Just bought a note 4 and I want to know what custom battery you have. I have a note 7 rom on mine that I love alot.

not OP, i did make and though

what the fuck
sorry, meant to quote

I have this beast: amazon.de/dp/B00Q7C6FTA/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item_image

It's a large battery but like I said, you'll never have to charge your phone again. I used it for week-long hikes and even with the GPS running all day every day it never even got close to dying on me.

What you want is called SD Maid. Thank me later

>mfw
Holy shit thanks user, looks bulky but seems great if you go outdoors alot.
>I used it for week-long hikes
fug that sounds comfy

please don't laugh at me :(

>oh no I have to do this thing 1 time and then automatically do this other thing that can be automated
>this is so hard X(
go get an iPhone then you retarded sack of shit with down syndrome

flash it with LineageOS, remove all Google services

never tried SD Maid, is this worth it?

fuck yeah it's worth it. Made by a Sup Forums user and works

What if LineageOS isn't available for my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016 SM-P585M)?

Can I get a custom room but still keep some of the S Pen features?

If you got Lineage OS you would lose pretty much most S Pen features, only touchwiz based ROMs would have the S Pen features.

Tfw android is a ram using machine

I second zerolemon batteries, had a few for different phones and they never disappointed, pic is lg G4 with 8500 mAh zerolemon battery

Maxed at 20 hours SoT, could have made it further as I think it was still at 20 percent then

> made by a Sup Forums user
> works
pick one

The only useful cleaner you can is Files Go by Google, but your best bet on making the phone faster in an unmodified state is a factory reset.
If you're looking for mods, Lineage OS will give you a bit of a speed boost especially if you use the least gapps as possible. You can check for device support and guides on the XDA Forums.

Sd maid + greenify that's all you need