GPU Price Drop

I was thinking of upgrading to a 1070 early this year, but given that the Volta line is probably gonna get announced soon I want to wait for a price drop. How long does it usually take after a new line is announced for the price of current GPUs to drop on sites like Amazon?

if anything intel should price drop regarding the security scandal on those chips

That's great but it doesn't really help when you're buying a GPU not a CPU

Ass-coin miners are going to ruin every iteration of video card releases.

Just give up and use GeForce GO.

I don't really give a fuck how expensive the Voltas are though, I was just wondering if it was worth waiting for them to be announced before I buy my 1070 or does it normally take ages for the price to decrease?

1080 owner here the card is only good at 2.5k resolutions can't handle 4k at all

Just wait

I don't give a fuck about 4k mate, I'm on a 1080p monitor I literally just want a 1070. I just want to know whether or not to wait a few months before buying it or not

he gets paid by post and replies to said posts

AMDpajeets are the worst

Some gold

Some games still struggle at 1080p and are still gpu bound just wait the 1070 is beyond shit.

Coming from a 660 it can't be that bad, besides, my budget won't allow for more than €450 which is just about what the 1070 is at the moment, I was just wondering if I waited any longer would it save me some money

Nvidia shills trying to up-sell the OP

typically retail price on older cards don't drop by much, maybe 20%, typically closer to 10%. Especially considering that the real rumor is that 2080 will come in $100 more than 1080 launched at, meaning those prices will probably stay firm

2080 will most likely launch at or around CES

Nah the 1070 and up are garbage value and volta will be more of the same overpriced shit.

Op should get a 1060 6gb and wait

1060 6GB is still ~$70 more expensive than its price in may
Fuck this shithole

The bitcoin bubble is gonna burst soon, right guys?

Why would NVIDIA release a new GPU when there is literally no competition and the old products sell for higher than launch prices?

They don't even have to worry about market saturation as the demand for mining GPUs is insane.

There is absolutely no reason for them to waste TSMC 12nm wafers on consumer products when their 1½ year old 16nm stuff sells so well.

1000 series sales are dipping so the new cards will be even more popular now that amd has shit the bed

I'm on the same boat OP. Either you bit the bullet and buy one now or wait until god knows when.
I have been waiting on AMD for more than a year already. Polaris, Vega, everything went into miners hand and overpriced to heaven. Thinking of just buying a 1070 for 1080p60hz. Might as well enjoy what you have instead of keep waiting (tm). As long as you don't fall for the Ultra quality meme it should last long enough. Hell, even my r9 280x is still holding on. But it's showing its age recently.

Current cards aren't enough.
I'm on 1080sli to break 144hz 1440p.
A single ti can't manage it and I'm not paying for 2 tis now, besides new psu and all shit.
I'm hoping next 1080 tier is around 20% over 1080ti so I can go back to a single card SLI is good but it's pretty fucked on some games.

They will have to keep the pressure on AMD, I agree AMD is still far behind. But you do not want to let them catch up, and arguably the Threadripper CPU's are really good so I expect a lot of sales on them which leads to them having more budget to research new technologies to increase graphic card performance. VOLTA is definitely coming before eoy.

because money.

I want bitcoins aka shitcoins to flop so hard. Im perfectly pissed off about this whole gpu inflation and empty magazines within days because some retards think they will make billions paying more for hardware and electricity than whatever they will make on some virtual coins that no bank will exchange to real currency. Because whats the fucking use? Oh yeah, you can buy some shady goods on TOR only sites. How is that even remotely useful? You wont buy home that way, you wont buy car that way, even your local supermarket wont accept shitcoins for fucking food. So what that some pizzeria accept shitcoins? You gonna eat only pizza for now? Goods that cannot be sold and currency that cannot be exchanged are fucking useless.

I'm still comfy on my 980Ti anniversary edition

Not sure what to get for new dev PC though to pair with threadripper

Look up erc20 tokens retard

there will be no price drop
just wait and you'll see, intel will come up with some smearing PR to confuse everybody and prices will remain the same so they can keep their face because if they don't they'll lose faith and their stock will go down and they'll rip

>ie: price drop == weakness == incompetence == rip
doesn't matter what the reality is
>if it did no one would be paying more for less
keeping face is all that matters

>I don't understand how markets and trading works: the post