That junior programmer job requires 5 years of experience?

>That junior programmer job requires 5 years of experience?
>Just apply anyway!
>The job requirements are optio-

Fake and gay

>Bills them back for $1000/hr standard consulting fee

Honestly, how long did it take you to type up that bait OP?

surprised this isn't a real thing in america

It's been posted before, op is just bating.
6/10 got me to reply.

The employer would land themselves in court so absurdly fast if they tried that.

Job application fees are

In some places, but those are paid for BEFORE the interview. In no common law country can you actually charge someone money for wasting your time.

Just say you're 300 an hour as a consultant. And that's what your time is worth. Send them an invoice back

Python and erlang can't be that hard, iirc erlang is just a more relaxed Haskell no?

I have never once seen that.

never heard of that but i can easily believe it exists here

Don't forget the tip

you're saying it's a real thing in other countries?

because this honestly sounds like a great way for HR to pocket some cash.

>already got the person you selected
>randomly pick 3 or 4 individuals and say you wasted their time, fine them $400
>$1200 easy
>do this routinely

It's AUS and it was made by some autist on here

can you point to a large/reputable company who does this? i can't find one and have never heard of it. you would be taking so much risk/damage to image for such little reward. if you accept money from obviously unqualified candidates you could get fucked. and if you happen to fire someone quickly after they're hired you could get fucked

Some acting companies do this. It's a plebian filter.

Source: know a professional actor

No. Erlang is nothing like Haskell at all.

This shit don't make sense, the company is not entitled to a good pajet either. If applicants gotta go through shit then so do employers, bullshit comes out both ways

>"Head developer"
>$55 hourly rate

kek

>Owner referred to by only first name
Seems legit

>Junior programmer
>Senior developer

>people here already started shitting their pants
fucking lel

After some interviews I had to sit through since I got the hiring responsibility, I would say this totally should be a thing.
Though you should just charge for the 5 to 10 minutes it actually takes to discern the candidate doesn't have the faintest.

How often are you gonna post this?

US college and graduate school applications (e.g. law, medicine) +/- a deposit to reserve "your" spot in a program's matriculating class (hint: grad schools overaccept applicants).