You nerds finally convinced me to switch to linux over windows...

You nerds finally convinced me to switch to linux over windows, but what what program replaces the perfection that is pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

foobar2000.org/encoderpack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>perfection
You're beyond hope.

Quod Libet, comes with XFCE

Prove me wrong. What's the alternative?

cmus

Wine

t. never used foobar2000
Honestly most people emulate it, or you could go with a shitty recommendation here. I doubt anything will come close.

mocp

>You nerds
>insults then ask for replacement software
well fuck you, too, faggot

Deadbeef if you want a clone of foobar. Quodlibet is pretty good if you want something different.

deadbeef, if it's still alive

ncmpcpp

Voltra

I got used to Rhythmbox interface on Linux, couldn't find anything remotely adequate on Windows, so I used foobar on my gaymen installation, and it's fucking dogshit, simple as that. Mind you it's about the best wangblows had to offer. Installed Clementine on my new Loonix install, never looked back.

It's GNU/Linux.

>is insulted by "nerd"
Jesus, imagine being this sensitive.

Is there anything with a really simple/clean interface that lets me view my music as it's laid out in their directories on my drive? Foobar let me select a directory and then kept playing from that point on or shuffle in that folder. But I also had a directory viewer like you would find in an IDE. That's really what I am looking for.

The real question is how do I play ARMA 3 on Linux with the latest updates so I can play with my friends? That is all that is holding me back.

still the goatest

I really need help, I'm playing songs individually and playing them in mpv at this point.

My bad.

A player where you need to comb through ten million forum posts to find plugins that actually work on your machine and install a thousand unverified closed source dlls from noname faggots online to get it into semi-usable state, or download repacks from the same faggots and do half the work yourself anyway, hoping none of them has malware. Even when I was so much into ricing I made my own rainmeter themes, I couldn't stomach this fucking pile of shit. You need special kind of autism to use it.

Works on my machine :^)

I never installed anything other than vanilla foobar. It just werks.

mpd + ncmpcpp

Tags is where it's at. Folders are for niggers. Besides, at that point you might as well use Windows player, there would be no difference in ux, just different skin.

Use Clementine dickhead.

Vanilla foobar is when you take all of the worst from winamp and windows 95 and none of the best, let alone use a better reference material.

But what about my "perfectly" organised folder structure?

Can't you compile it from sauce?

can you not WINE?

/thread

That's a stock folder structure. Good luck organizing all of that shit by rating or genre or somesuch, finding specific individual tracks too.

No.

Nothing. Linux is shit.

I tend to listen to whole albums from start to finish more than anything. Do you just dump all the files into a single folder?

cmus if you don't want to run mpd
maybe deadbeef

VLC because it's simple and does exactly what I need it to do

there's nothing on ganoo loonux that even compares, you pretty much got deadbeef, audacious, which are both not that great, or take the CLI pill and use mpd + npcmpcpccnpcbbcpp

>perfectly organized folder structure
>of utter trash music

There isn't. Go back to Windows.

Foobar runs fine in Wine. However perfection is MusicBee.

Clementine, of course

Agreed, MusicBee is perfection.

does musicbee have a linux port? i was under the impression it was windows only

>Clementine
This is pretty much the best out of the box music player on Linux, and Windows.

>dedqueef
audacious is better

gnome music is great

Just one player with visual interface of code render before compiling of options would be better than milion of product and arguing which one is better.

>tfw amarok devs dropped all their fans for being an asshat codemonkey

There are none, just different degrees of cancer.

I also enjoy audacious but only in winamp form.

Clementine does a good job farting memes into my fartbox headphones.

>linux
>good audio

pick one

What do you mean by this, can you explain?
I don't have a problem with
>good audio
on linux user, so what the fuck is your problem?

there really isn't any
same with irfanview

Retard have problem that his onboard chink shit sold under name of american corporation is not possible to deliver more than 44.1/16bit

>there is still no good upnp/dlna music player on leenooks in year 2000+17

Deadbeef

>corrupts vorbis files
>eats ram like a motherbich
nice meme

Rhythmbox or vlc suit me fine. Audacious is exactly what winamp was.

2000+18

/thread

Even worse. Upnp plugin for foobar was updated in jan 2015 and it's still better than anything linyx can offer.

Install Foobar on Linux using Wine.

>vorbis
You got a problem with flac?
>eats ram like a motherbich
I actually never noticed this. What's a lot of ram for you?

>Retard have problem that his onboard chink shit sold under name of american corporation is not possible to deliver more than 44.1/16bit
Are you referring to apple?

Quod Libet

foobar eats ~36mb of ram-ram
cleft-time eats almost 2 hundo, sometimes over that, using the same amount of music files
plus it stutters if doing something cpu-intensive stuff in the background

no it is linux, is just being a meme-spouter or really likes to ride stallmans dick

can it transcode files?

>using the same amount of music files
>plus it stutters if doing something cpu-intensive stuff in the background
I haven't had a problem yet with clementine, and recently chose it over all the other players (including foobar2000).

if you mean reencode stuff to new files then not that I know of
but that kind of sounds like something you should use e.g ffmpeg for rather than your media player

it plays all the formats I ever tried though (as long as you have the gstreamer plugin stuff for it installed)

with foobar, you can easily transcode your whole library from flac to something else if you wanted to
with renamed folders and structures and everything
5/5 software right there

>use less RAM
>clean and customizable UI
>components and plugins make it even more versatile
Literally perfection.

but why should an audio player do that, rather than an audio converter?

does it ship its own encoder or use some library?

mpd + ncmpcpp to play music (easy part)
beets to tag/organise your library (cool part)

scratch that, tried the 1.3.1 "stable" and here is the result
uses libraries i guess
foobar2000.org/encoderpack

>perfection
lol
nmcpcpmcpcmcpmcppmcmmppcpmcppmcppmcppmcppnm

Looks like an eye sore user.

Deadbeef is enough.

I bet you like gaymin RGB too.

So confy. I don't get nigger that organize music with tag.

t. iToddler

I use qmmp or audacious on linux because they're winamp clones and I've been a winamp fag since 1999.

Why does Audacious sound shit on everything other than realtek?
Why does qmmp sound shit on everything?

deadbeef is noticeably better on my system, same with mocp

All I want is a good winamp clone ;_;

and here is cmus munching on ram
is it really so difficult to make floss version of foobar?

desu I hear clementine has botnet features like it connects to a bunch of hosts on startup and there is no way to disable it?

Arguing about plateyers, not libraries that they use to play sound.

This right here. I felt the same pain when I made the switch years ago, and it took me some time to find deadbeef, but once I find it I knew I had found my new foobar.

because it's using wrong input / output settings?

I'm using Audacious when on Linux.

Vanilla foobar just works. What do you want, a music player or Christmas tree toy that happen to play music?
Fucking millennials.

So what is the point in shilling foobar? Just a shitty music player that can be replaced with almost anything as most of them "just works".

Clementine works pretty good.

I, for one, just want to tell people about good software I use.

>closed source
>good

Good enough for computer illiterates.

Audacious just needs better library traversal and it'd be perfect.

>software made by paid professionals is worse than software made by autistic hobbyists for free
Right