Why haven't you been to a coding bootcamp yet user?

Why haven't you been to a coding bootcamp yet user?

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/ximenarojo/women-and-math?utm_term=.mmNjj4rzJ#.ncaQQaBR3
fortune.com/2017/10/18/sexist-artificial-intelligence-tech/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this what silicon valley culture is really like?

>sexism
>AI

So they admit that a program with no social indoctrination can recognize the inherent flaws of women?

>.co.nz
>Silicon Valley

wut.

>with no social indoctrination
M8 what do you think training data is

But I have.

This sounds like "buzzwords" and strikes of "what do [stereotypical] 'millenials' like?"

Foozeball? Come on.

Nothing wrong with being vegetarian or wanting to not have blood coffee, though, I must say. Fucking capitalists.

That sounds like a fucking hippieshit nightmare, honestly.

ah sorry *kangaroo valley

Tell me what I said was incorrect or bait.

>co.nz
>cons
Accurate I guess.

>Go into bootcamp a roastie who can barely operate an iPhone
>Come out an engineer

The fuck is an interaction engineer?

good one

bootstrap monkey

What the fuck did you just call me?

This. It sounds like contrived bullshit.

>current state of tech companies

Why american females are so synthetic?

>.co.nz

Does nobody read english on this here vietnamese frog husbandry forum?

Look identical to me.

Because I can educate myself for free

How will you have enlightening discussions about sexism by yourself user?

>inb4 buttmad debt degree monkeys arrive feeling threatened

Nowadays, tech companies don't care if you have a formal education, bootcamp, or self-taught.

Question is: does formal education make you a better engineer/programmer?

formal education makes you a code monkey
bootcamp makes you a webshit
self-teaching makes you good
pick your poison

>"foozeball"
>sexism in artificial intelligence
>diversity
>Join the kaupapa
Why do these modern day cults insist that they're at all tech-related?

They still do, for the most part. They're most likely not going to hire someone that applies to their applications without a degree, they probably wouldn't even bother looking at it.

The cool thing about bootcamps, is that a lot of the instructors worked at those large tech companies, so they can refer the students that they think would be a good fit.

Also, to answer your question: no. Bootcamps are mostly intensive, where students code everyday, all day, constantly learning about tech. The author of "Cracking the Coding Interview" said if we were to put a bootcamp grad, plus 4 years experience afterwards, and a 4 year degree chump, the bootcamp grad would be just as good.

>the bootcamp grad would be just as good.
Or better*

>full ride scholarship at semi-prestigious school
>four full years of education, including learning philosophy and how to read/write at a college level
>interesting electives that I enjoy taking
>comradery with my dorm/flatmates, with whom I forged a deep bond over 4 years
>graduated with a BS in computer science
>no debt
>making almost 6 figures right out of college
Why would I be threatened?

>being good is poison

wut

>sexism in artificial intelligence

I just googled this shit and found several articles about how AI is sexist, what the actual fuck.

>Join the kaupapa

This one actually doesn't even make grammatical sense either.

>The author of "Cracking the Coding Interview" said if we were to put a bootcamp grad, plus 4 years experience afterwards, and a 4 year degree chump, the bootcamp grad would be just as good.
So in that timeframe the bootcamp experience is negligible?

Easily.

Yeah, pretty much. Still good to be able to meet people, though, especially the instructors.

It's a ridiculous idea anyways since AI doesn't tend to go anywhere near men and women, and generally doesn't need to. It's like saying that math is sexist somehow

Sexism isn't what you're exploring when you diddle your cornhole with your mom's dildo user.

first of all how DARE you

>meet people
No thanks

a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone

buzzfeed.com/ximenarojo/women-and-math?utm_term=.mmNjj4rzJ#.ncaQQaBR3

fortune.com/2017/10/18/sexist-artificial-intelligence-tech/

>One real-world example that we’re already struggling with is health care AI systems that incorrectly diagnose medical problems based on a standard of white male symptoms.

FUCKING WHITE MALES REEEEE

>Buzzfeed
Yeah, not exactly the place I would turn to for anything that has to do with knowing anything

>I want white males to cater to my interests because I don't want to do it myself
Every single time

>~startup~ CEO
>~fairtrade~ coffee
>~sexism~
>~vegetarian~ lunches
>~~diversity~~

What's with all the retarded SJW buzzword descriptors?

Is this how you jew millennials? Make the right contrived atmosphere to sell them?

Probably don't even need to know shit about programming to run one of these scams.

>Probably don't even need to know shit about programming to run one of these scams.

She might be angry but she's kinda cute.

Because only fagwagons go to those.

It's an idiomatic expression retard.

You can do better than this, user

Still think she's cute af

>she

you dont have an eye for bullshots you sweet sheltered child

what did you do

>reading
>fair trade coffee
>discussing sexism in artificial intelligence
>mixed messages here
>sense of community
Wow the person who wrote that is awful.
How can they not establish their experience as positive immediately? Did they really need that twist?

>she
>a problem
lol where do you think you are?

explain

>low image res
>off lighting
>b&w
>contorted face (puckering)
>facial structure further obscured by hair and oversized glasses
You can't really tell what she actually looks like from such a shot.

Fair

>Explaining that she's cute when her face is covered
Never fails to amuse

lol

please leave

> It's webshit
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

What's wrong user? Do you not want to be the next moot?

Admittedly, a little. Don't think that's gonna happen while writing php and wordpress on a macbook running sublime text tho.

>You could be graduating with the tech skills to transform the future in just 18 weeks

We hired a bootcamp shitter. She was fired 3 weeks later. My boss is a dumbass for hiring her.

>She
inconclusive anecdote

To be fair you could transform the future just by looking up how to build a bomb on wikipedia.
it's one of those vague blanket statements that are technically true but actually mean nothing.

SHUT IT DOWN

What position??

I'm male

im a cs grad and im pretty sure bootcamp would have taught me more tangible shit than my bullshit cs courses

like i know youre suppose to learn on your own yadayada but if you base it solely on coursework i learned basically nothing while getting my degree

t. brainlet

I prefer online courses. As a matter of fact I did take some Udacity "nanodegrees". Say what you want about Thrun but the guy is smart. And German, he has some kind of non-bullshit aura around him.

What in the fuck are you yabbering about?

> Why haven't you been to a coding bootcamp yet user?
Wow and I thought we were getting cucked in Sydney, this is next level my kiwi brethren...

If you're only interested in doing website work, so HTML, CSS, maybe Javascript then bootcamps aren't that bad.

But if you want to do legitimate software engineering bootcamps usually won't help you. There is a reason companies hire people with 4 years with real understanding of computers. I don't think i've seen a bootcamp yet that isn't website design oriented, which you could pick up a website job pretty easily with home taught experience.

kangaroos are australian though!! call it sheep valley or something

No wonder everything is being outsourced these days.

Dev Academy advertisment focusing on discussing AI sexism and 'foozeball' breaks, o, and let's not forget 'diversity'. Yeah, that's what I want to know when considering bootcamp, not what actual SKILLS I might learn to get a good job.

This is the liberal arts college version of a developer bootcamp.

At least it's only those cunts in the North Island. We were already aware that they're some next level pussys up north.

Is there a bootcamp for ASM?

Well isn't bootcamp pretty useless for the majority because they only upload projects to github that they learned in bootcamp and don't try making their own?

sexism, vegetarian, diversity.
Is this 2018, can I go back to the 2000s when we though we were going far with technology?
Nowadays its all about homos, traps, vegans and skimpy neo feminists.

It's almost like there are good and bad points to be made from OP's post
Like social issues aren't black and white or something

bootcamp is for lazy hippies that want bragging rights

>Nothing wrong with being vegetarian or wanting to not have blood coffee

A lot of it is hipsters pandering, though, which is annoying.

Vegans are a mixed bunch.
Some of them are decent folks, some of them are insane propagandaist tumblrinas you wanna strangle.
No blood coffee is a bonus.

Just google Udacity and Sebastian Thrun.

>coding bootcamp

keep dreaming fagget

Eh, there's a biiiiiit of bias, since some diseases affect women or other races differently.

go back to you Udemy course MOOC fag. tell me how your webdev job for 30k works out

Even AI is already learned enough to see how dumb women are

This is so disgustingly hipster..I fucking hate those limousine liberals pretending to be connected to the world's problems.

>Engineer
Oh yeah? Who's accrediting that "engineering" word? What public entity recognizes that?

The same shit happened when AIs tried to predict crime.
Through *mysterious* circumstances they came to the racist conclusion that more crimes are committed in black areas.

Any sufficiently advanced artificial intelligence becomes politically incorrect.
Look at brief existence of chatbot Tay.
Look at google's image search controversy.