Mobile workstation thread

Thinking about buying a used class C RV, sprucing it up for survival, and as a mobile "Battlestation" (Computer terminal, work station, also for trades (welding, plumbing, IT, electrical, etc)

I'll try to add ideas to the thread, any help would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_generator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_energy_storage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HVAC
publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2004128
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

)

Why not a smallish bus instead? RVs are cheaply built.

>Why not a smallish bus instead?

Any specifics?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_generator

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_energy_storage

Betavoltaic batteries.

cool idea but do you have any operating area that the vehicle will have to traverse any specific terrain or be a 4x4? Just something to consider with this sort of thing.

Sounds like it would be a good idea if you could get work doing it.

Speaking of which, what's a solid, low power beta source that I can use in the construction of one of these?

that thought had crossed my mind.... thank you for saying it.

Any idea what kind of power output on those?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HVAC

PublicSurplus has a couple of E350 vans up, i.e handicapped transportation.
publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2004128

Nothing really specific, just something small and light enough that you could possibly drive it without having to get a CDL. Look for something diesel, probably 30 passengers or lower.

I was really thinking about a modular configuration fit for survival and a specific trade(tm).

I don't suppose anyone knows anything about internal combustion engine exhaust heat recapture, do they?

I'd imagine it would need a special muffler.

Some sort of synthesis between photovoltaic batteries, and solar thermal charged heat wells. (heating and absorption refrigeration), should be enough for a Class C RV.

And don't forger to shield it, lads.

pepe tips3.jpg

OH, well, if that isn't the solar thermal energy storage system I released into the public domain, a few years ago...

How interesting.

That's dumb. You can get it set up for multiple trades with just a workbench and a toolbox filled with the specific tools you'd need. The main bulk for doing any trade is the materials, and it would be extremely silly to keep a full set of them for every single trade.

>That's dumb.

Well, fuck you too.

>You can get it set up for multiple trades with just a workbench and a toolbox filled with the specific tools you'd need.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK I WAS TALKING BOUT.........?

>The main bulk for doing any trade is the materials, and it would be extremely silly to keep a full set of them for every single trade.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK I MEANT BY "MODULAR"?

I assumed when you said you wanted it modular you would swap out the modules for some reason.

>I assumed when you said you wanted it modular you would swap out the modules for some reason.

Trades(tm) mofukka.

Well you should've just said you wanted enough storage for all the tools you'd need to do maintenance and repairs on your shit.

>Trades(tm) mofukka.

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

>Well you should've just said you wanted enough storage for all the tools you'd need to do maintenance and repairs on your shit.

Depends on the trade, huh?

Hence......... Modular!

Sorry, I still don't understand your phrasing.

>Sorry, I still don't understand your phrasing.

Trade encompasses peripheral objects for the necessary function of accomplishing mission.

Tools to accomplish mission.

HVAC? Probably somewhere around 300W input.

Yes, thermal, loopbacked, cooling air. what a feature.

It was hard to convice you to go this path.

Just get one of these OP, you can go all day on one charge.

You sound like a total douchebag, OP, and I'll be laffin when the nigs crack your skull and steal all yo shit. Fuck off to

unless your camper is armor plated youre going to get robbed. you'd be better off with a bike and a backpack full of stuff, make sure everything is camouflaged and sleep in wooded areas. if youre able to try and keep multiple handheld devices you can use for everything, a phone, a handheld RPI if you can find the parts, and use solar power banks for charging. make sure you know how to repair everything you own. bury caches with food, money and spare parts and don't spread yourself too thin.

i might sound like a fantasist but im sure this is a safer bet than using a camper