I start CS in about 6months. Anything I can read right now while I have the time?

I start CS in about 6months. Anything I can read right now while I have the time?

>inb4 fell for the cs meme. it's already done.

do or die motherfucker, yi-pi-ki-yay

Other urls found in this thread:

spinaltap.ddns.net/javaBooks.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Anything I can read
Books

Hello!

Have these books got names?

Share your knowledge ITT

buy a c# book at poundland

You can do it, Sup Forumsrother. We will be with you every step of the way.

We are anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget.
Expect us.

>Have these books got names?
Most of them do, yes.

Check the wiki retard

autism.

What result do you want?
Good grades? Contribute to CS research? Successful software career? All require different areas of focus.

Ask yourself, what would they never trust a pajeet to do? Focus on that because anything a pajeet can do, he will do cheaper and more shitily and they'll use him anyway. In fact, putting out pajeet fires would be a good focus.

spinaltap.ddns.net/javaBooks.7z

Have fun

I'm aiming for good grades and a couple interns. idk yet though, it's a little too early to tell.

yeah i checked it awhile ago actually, it has this but most of that stuff is little specific or only focuses on certain things.

Check /sci/'s sticky

Internship in what tho?
CS research is exploring new ways to model problems with computers. Its more practical applications are working on AI.
Software engineering is making things that do stuff with computer software. This field is largely dominated by building CRUD apps, but in a best case scenario they do cool practical things.
Computer engineering is building hardware and software platforms.
What is it you like doing with computers?

In my spare time I work on home-labs using cisco and microsoft software. I really like networking and figuring out ways to make connections more faster and more secure. Ultimately it's really too early to tell because i haven't jumped into the pure science part of things. I actually expect my interest to change once i finally get started.

SICP is outdated
The "Art of Computer Programming" by Knuth is overrated, nobody actually reads that book, they just buy it and put it in their bookshelf to make themselves look good
"Introduction to Algorithms" is a decent book, but way too wordy and OP will die of a coma reading that book cover-to-cover
"Algorithms" by Sedgwick is actually a decent book I'd recommend, I believe the professor has video lectures posted online and it's the only book I've gone through cover-to-cover and was a helpful refresher
Not sure why you'd recommend OP to read Haskell and especially Lisp...

>the art of unix programming
>great

Sounds like you're more interested in networking, system administration and security. CS will be a solid foundation, but it won't be enough to work with those types of things daily. You'll need certifications around the types of technologies you want to work with. If you want to go the network or software security route, you'll need to become fluent in the attacker tools and then learn mitigation strategies and build personal projects around security engineering.

Try doing some personal projects. If you need ideas, you can check that Sup Forums's programming challenges pic that was floating around. You likely won't know what you want to do until you're well into your CS course, so you don't need to overexert yourself at this point.

If you want to get a head start, you'll want to read some calculus books since that's where most CS students appear to have a difficult time. This will also be your gateway into the "pure science" part of CS.

Just half ass it last minute and get bs like I did