Install a microcode update

>install a microcode update
>do benchmarks with optane 900P
>Over 40% decrease in random read with low queue depth
OY VEY IT'S LIKE A HDD NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/
epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements/132642-epic-services-stability-update
asus.com/Motherboards/Z77A/HelpDesk_Download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he fell for the SSD meme

where did you get the microcode update form?

>optane
>ssd

choose

Asus released an update for their motherboards

Intel loss performance 40% on data center storage solution, some times data storage solution is more expressive that servers or cost CPU.

There's so much conflicting information, with shills and liars posting old or doctored information, I'm just going to wait a month or so, and see where this issue stands.

Where? I just checked the asus page and there is nothing. If I navigate their shitty site to search for in my specific motherboard, there is no new update available. Shouldn't this be on the fucking frontpage of every manufacturer's page right now?

asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Well shit, Guess I'm out of luck then with my 10 year old motherboard.

The effects are real.
epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements/132642-epic-services-stability-update

There are hundreds of different ASUS brand mainboards. Is each and every one going to require its unique bios update? So we can pretty much expect that everyone who doesn't own the most recent ones is fucked and will never get them?

Holy shit, where did you find a 2k mbs writing speed ssd. My new ssd only gets 400 mbs

This.

I have a Prime Z270-A. The latest BIOS is from July 2017, so I went ahead and updated to that from 2016 one it was running. Fucking update reset all of my BIOS settings, and FUCKED my RAID 0 array for Steam games.

It's going to take fucking days to download all of the games again using my streetshitter AT&T DSL

It’s very likely an NVMe SSD. Aren’t they all at such numbers?

Amazon,google,Facebook,Microsoft won't buy another Intel CPU in long long time

>fakeraid fucks up
you deserve it for being a winfag

How does it have anything to do with Windows?

Proper operating systems have good software RAID implementations.

>Cloud services
Good thing I'm not a cloud

>Z370 bios update
should i update?

Z77
Will I get a new bios lads?

there are z77-a updates
asus.com/Motherboards/Z77A/HelpDesk_Download/

Oh fuck.

It's the year of AMD EPYC!

We've yet to see the perf impact of Spectre v2 fix on AMD.

>Last update:2014/04/18
>expecting to get new BIOS
Even Asus won't go that far.

you meant to say:

>he foll for the intel meme

just give it a rest dude. spectre fix has zero impact on amd cpus and gpus.

PLS DELET NOW PLS

is sys-firmware/intel-microcode-20171117_p20171215 the update in question? It was fetched yesterday or so for me

In afraid too , im.comfy at current bios

Let's pretend your the average normie.. you have no clue about meltdown or spectre or.any Windows patch or performance hit or BIOS UPDATE!!!
>wut then
What happens to normie? He goes on with good performance and life is simple and pure.
>I'm not him
I have all updates and NOT BIOS YET but Asus released by boards ....
>do I update or wait

>JUST Wait

Why the fuck are you on Sup Forums? It hurts compiling, it hurts server performance, and if it doesn't affect you because all you do is play video games, leave this board.

Good thing you don't use the Worldwide Web either. Oh wait. Why is this place even called a tech board when the average post can be dumber than a YouTube comment by an 8 year old?

But wouldn't that hurt you no matter which desktop cpu you connect from?

Oh my god.

you dont have to update shit, intel and microshit just do microcode update and thats all

Why isn't there a sticky about this shit?, like helping newfags from where to get the patches, what to do, what really is affected and what is shilling.

This place if a fucking shithole now.
>now

>helping newfags from where to get the patches
Most of the newfags are Sup Forumstards, they can rest in shit for all I care.

Sup Forums isn't your tech support.