90% of all Android phone will never receive a patch for Spectre/Meltdown

>90% of all Android phone will never receive a patch for Spectre/Meltdown
defend this poordroids

Can't really defend it, but then 90% of Android phones don't have access to the precision timers required for it or aren't using affected processors.

90% of the android wont even get affected since they dont have a cpu that is affected

I hope samsung will release an update at least for the devices abandoned to marshmallow, like the galaxy s5 and others.

Every CPU is affected by specre.
It's easy to patch and with minimal performance drops, but it's not like povertydroid manufacturers have any interest in providing such patches for the shit devices they peddle to pajeets and white failures.

not every cpu is affected by spectre only those that do OoO executions which android phone that was up untill 6.0 had till 505 sd family

they are safe

>which android phone that was up untill 6.0 had till 505 sd family
What?

% of all Android phone will never receive a patch for Spectre/Meltdown
>defend this poordroids

BLAME THE CARRIERS

Wrong. Basically every CPU is affected. You are tech illiterate - stop pretending otherwise.

>blame the carriers
>even google branded androids stop receiving support after 2 years

>blame teh carriers
even if iOS updates get pushed back by a carrier, the user can still plug their phone directly into iTunes and update the phone that way. Totally bypasses the carrier's attempts at delaying the update.

there is no iTunes for Android. yeah, carriers are scumbags but it's still Google's fault for not implementing some sort of Plan B

There are ARM based processors out there that don't have OoOE.
Generally all the shit ones not listed in table that ARM released.

My S4 never even got a patch for the Stagefright exploit, so I don't even gaf anymore.

>Every CPU is affected by specre.
Not true. Only specific ARM cores are affected, and mainly the higher-end/recent cores whose associated phones are more likely to be patched.

Imagine being so stupid you get a virus on your phone

>there is no iTunes for Android. yeah, carriers are scumbags but it's still Google's fault for not implementing some sort of Plan B
They actually have; that's the majority of what Oreo does and why Oreo looks identical to Nougat when you first look at it.
Google has separated the OS itself from ROMs, so even if the vendor-specific ROM doesn't get updated Google can still push OS updates.

Imagine being so stupid that you make a Linux-based operating system that's susceptible to viruses.

>BLAME THE CARRIERS
Just how Microsoft is responsible for delivering security patches to Windows, Google is responsible for delivering security patches to Android

Fascinating. What if that ends up breaking the skin somehow? Won't that kind of end up introducing flaws in one of Samsung's features?

So, i shoudl wait for Android 9 before buying a new phone?

It really depends on what you want.
If you want a tinkerer's/developer's phone that give you a lot of control over your device, you get an Android phone.
If you want a normie phone that's incredibly stable/reliable and gets out of your way when you don't need it, you get an iPhone.
It's your choice.

Also, new Android doesn't get introduced until October. It's a pretty long wait.

It won't fuck with any sanely-designed launcher, there's a full level of abstraction there (the ROM userspace itself). Your shitty Touchwiz should be intact, just like Nova and Go will be fine.
Of course old/poorly maintained ROMs and launchers will eventually run into API issues, but those are mostly synthetic.

Huh. Cool.

Next stop: Updates that work like Chrome OS. Silent and in the background, no configuring upon next reboot.

We fuchsia now

90% of phones don't last more than 2-3 years for most people too so who gives a fuck

There will never be a perfect unified OS.
Say it with me:
THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECT UNIFIED OS

Nobody can or ever will design an OS that works great on computers, phones, tablets, watches and everything else with no compromises. It won't happen. Stop trying to make it happen. Microsoft tried and ended up with Windows 8 / Windows Phone, and that was a fucking disaster.

The best we can do is develop specialized OSs for each device and have them communicate with each other, like Apple is doing. That's about as good as it gets.

THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECTLY UNIFIED OS

Really? I think I have a video to send you real quick. Just give me your number and I'll send it to you via mms.

Android already has it, the first pixel was the first phone with the feature. It has two identical partitions, it updates the one not in use and then switches on reboot

As much as I love android, the fact that the vast majority of OEM are incompetent fucks who can't or won't update their devices is unacceptable. Hopefully project treble will fix this once and for all.

Thank God I have lineage os

I was not aware of this.

Are you retarded? Serious question.

> even if iOS updates get pushed back by a carrie
They don't even go through the carrier. The only company that can hold back an update is Apple.

Source?

why does Google keep letting everyone get cucked holy shit

you dont know jack shit about technology if you think every cpu that has being made is OoO