How do we stop the "everybody should learn programming" propaganda?

How do we stop the "everybody should learn programming" propaganda?

Doctors and lawyers are not screaming for more people to get into their field and compete on salaries. Why should programmers do it then?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say's_law
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Salaries gonna go up as more ppl enter ull see. Its gonna b the good thing

>Salaries gonna go up as more ppl enter ull see

WTF are you talking about?

You dun goofed son

because law and medicine aren't fields with unlimited demand.

programmers and engineers create jobs for other programmers and engineers. consumerism is endless. for every new idea an engineer or programmer has he will hire another 50, and so on and so on

the more people go into computers the faster and greater things we will have.

there's too many fucking lawyers anyway, and people get and and injured only so much for there to be more doctors

Go back to r/neoliberal.

different fields have different capacities for demand and supply, ain't nothing liberal or conservative in recognizing that. comparing programmers and doctors/lawyers is inherently wrong because programmers create a product to be consumed and lawyers/doctors offer a service whose demand is by definition quite finite

Ew, you sound like you voted for Hillary. Disgusting.

For dumb shit I bet more programmers could reduce the wage, but if you look at the major companies that pay the best they just continuously raise the average pay.

Just go search goog, msft, amzn, fb, apple, nvidia etc. The pay just goes up.

If you feel seriously threatened then you're probably a brainlet, same as if an author would be afraid of general literacy

>law and medicine aren't fields with unlimited demand.
Piratically there is, there's plenty of people that want more access to legal advice/medicine but they can't afford it... just because the aggregate demand isn't there doesn't mean there's no real demand

>programmers and engineers create jobs for other programmers and engineers. consumerism is endless. for every new idea an engineer or programmer has he will hire another 50, and so on and so on
You're assuming that everything produced can be sold a profit, everything is constrained by real income

All these barefaced attempts to flood the job market have ultimately failed and wasted millions and millions of dollars. This will be no different. In fact, it could make it worse.

Oh wow, so you did vote for her?! GTFO my board!

You're actually pretty much regurgitating classical liberal propaganda.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say's_law

>comparing programmers and doctors/lawyers is inherently wrong because programmers create a product to be consumed and lawyers/doctors offer a service whose demand is by definition quite finite

Those products actually have to be sold, you're assuming everything being thrown on a market will be sold.

You are assuming that wealth is zero sum. Google entering the tech Market didn't reduce the market's nominal share for its competitors.

Sure some skills like making websites don't scale as well, but imagine things like performance increases making new methods viable.

Like ai as a mathematical field is not new, but being able to buy all the f****** gpus to run it is. More markets can get made from new tech. Programmers make and use tools

I'm just assuming that there exists a fixed amount of income at any one time and the logical corollaries of that. The demand for things like websites are constrained by income. Just because you make it doesn't mean you can sell it.

what im saying is that the quantity of products consumed in medicine or law is finite, or atleast it rises in a rate that is negligible to the rise in consumption of technology

i'm pretty sure if you look at amount of professionals in the medical field 50 years ago and today the numbers would be similar. look at CS though - exponential growth over the past few decades, and even though it's a meme degree everyone is studying for easy bux there are always enough jobs for everyone

Medicine/law are heavily regulated fields unlike CS, that explains the main difference, the real demand for either is no more or less "finite" or "infinite" e.g. people want to live forever and maybe get all kinds of weird medical procedures just as much as play new video games and maybe I want to sue everyone that insults me. I'm not saying medicine/law should be totally deregulated, for obvious reasons, but you would see a difference if they were.

that's true to some extent, but medical/law services are still not consumer products used for recreation/none business usage. i guess you can include small subsets like plastic surgery or frivolous lawsuits in that category but that hardly compares in quantity to technological products. i just can't see the similarities.

we all just want more trap waifus, op

>lawyers/doctors offer a service whose demand is by definition quite finite

You really have no concept of how litigious our society is do you? The problems caused by the limited capacity of our medical school system has been a known problem for a while.

That's completely wrong.

The demand for medical professionals has been rising steadily for the last 100 years because people are living longer and the rapidly growing body of medical knowledge requires ever greater specialization. The number of practitioners doesn't quite track demand because of regulation, i.e. boomer doctors instituted caps on the number of residency slots, thus artificially limiting the number of people who can become doctors, and now they're all retiring at the same time. This has caused a doctor shortage, driven up salaries and costs, and increased demand for mid-level providers like PAs and nurse practitioners.

Law is the opposite. The demand for legal services is declining because technology has made legal research much easier, and large companies realized that non-lawyers can handle a lot of the commercial law work that was previously done by much more expensive attorneys. But law schools are lucrative and have actually been increasing enrollment over the last decade, leading to a crisis of unemployed or underemployed law graduates and a crash in legal salaries.