Does anyone here actually use the Windows app store?

Does anyone here actually use the Windows app store?
I have not spoken to a single person who even opens the fucking thing up.

Switched to the spotify app and I got wolfram alpha for free.

No. I use Enterprise N LTSB because I only want security updates and a basic Windows system that works. I don't need or want Minecraft and a 3D paint app for kids. If you're using any version of Windows with built in app store bullshit, you're doing it all wrong.

Only when I'm literally forced to (Windows Mixed Reality).

Microsoft's problem is that they keep pussyfooting around. They make the thing, but then they don't really put any effort or promotion into it. If they don't want to develop the thing to the same level as, say, Steam, then they shouldn't even bother with it.

As it is, it's this half-assed platform that nobody uses but everyone's afraid that they might be locked into at some point if MS decides to abuse their power as the developer of the OS. Of course, that would lead to some very interesting anti-competitive practice lawsuits.

I have a "free" Deezer premium sub for my phone plan so I installed the Deezer app from there. The website 1500% bloated compared to the app.
The MS appstore is cancer thou, sadly this will be the microbenis wangblows future. Get le app from le store, we disabled anything else for your future :^).

I collected some free stuff, also i installed hill climb racing and a mangareader up incase the internet dies/maintanance and steam suddenly decides it wants to check if my account wasn't hacked and denies offline mode until it get's checked. Well not to long ago i also STARTEed using GOG. But haven't deleted these two app.

Why buy apps with Mixed Reality, when there is Steam for downloading VR apps that are compatible with Mixed Reality?

SteamVR support for mixed reality headsets is still in beta. There's tons of bugs and performance issues. I don't know if it's because of it being beta or if there's overhead from somewhere else, but when running the same game available on the Microsoft Store and the SteamVR version on a MR headset, the store version just runs better. Hopefully that will be fixed eventually.

In any case, the real solution is to just buy a Vive and not a mixed reality headset. They just announced a new high resolution refresh of the Vive, so the one thing the mixed reality headsets had going for them (higher resolution screens) is soon going to be moot.

I only have one because development uses the same API as the HoloLens, so I can start getting experience developing for that without spending $3k on an actual HoloLens dev unit.

I own forza horizon

I pirated it.

Good for you user

spotify

I downloaded Cover (comic book reader)
It's pretty neat

I kinda wished it had games, I don't like or want to install fucking Steam, so I just pirate instead

I use it occasionally, I got gears of war 4 for free somehow, I bought the ultimate edition, contacted support that I wanted the standard edition instead, got a full refund so I could repurchase it again, but the game stayed on my purchase list and I can still play it. Transaction history even shows it as refunded.

>VALIDATE MEEEEEEE!

iTunes was supposed to be there last month but got delayed. Woulda used it to sync to my iShit device.

Just letting people know, I tried the first time and couldn't get it to work, its kinda hard.

I used it to add extensions to Edge, that's about it.

Sometimes i open store and check some cool apps but every time i try them i realize that i probably never gona use any of those and delete them

Honestly if you don't pirate it, your wasting so much money, just get an ISO and kmspico if you need it, after that it's all good from there , although i prefer LTSB, no bloat

I'm talking about Forza you double retard.

I buy games

only ever opened it to disable automatic app updates. why you do this in the windows store instead of the windows settings menu I have no fucking idea

1. Open Visual Studio
2. Start a new Windows Store App project
3. Realize how disgusting this shit is
4. Don't repeat

My friend used once because his dad wanted the to play Patience. IIRC it asks for a rating every time you close the game and you have to pay to unlock some game modes that were available on previous versions.

The default scanner app for my computer is shit. The one microsoft provides somehow triples scanning speed and doesn't freeze

I use it to keep hexchat up to date.

I downloaded Killer Instinct and it was pretty fun, but not worth constantly rebooting into W10

It's on Steam now though.

Yeah, but without crossplay except private lobbies
Like 80% of the reason I wanted the game was because it was a fighting game I wouldn't have to beg for matches on a discord
Thanks microsoft

install fightcade

it's so pathetic it makes me feel bad for microsoft

but that's just what happens when you replace the staff with a horde of pajeets and assign a smug bald pajeet-american half-breed monkey as CEO

nu-microsoft is disgusting

Microsoft is better than ever as a company thanks to him

I installed the Hulu app throw the microsoft store because I was interested that there was even a Hulu app

It's not especially robust or anything

At least 862 people use it in Canada
There is also Xbox one, Windows tablet etc it's a shared store across all their devices.

I am actually tinkering with LTSB on a VM now.

My Win10 N install is a hacky mess due to all the crap I have torn out by the roots - LTSB seems to satify that itch in a more 'formal' sense and without making the broken mess I have found myself in.

Are you able to give me a heads-up on any real world gotchas I may encounter with LTSB? I care not for the Windows Store and I assume LTSB doesn't neuter silly shit like basic codec stuff, etc.

I notice LTSB includes IE out of the box, which is useful for getting the ball rolling on downloading preferred tools and browsers, etc. I was not expecting that.