Help me Sup Forums you're my only hope

PC stuck at start up, streak of Pixels at the very top of the monitor that change every few seconds. Waiting (10+ mins) doesn't do anything, neither does restart/ off/on. Seemingly no option to bypass this shit through bios.

w a t d o

install gentoo

did it work before?
give more information

Yes. Windows 7 booted off SSD.

did you recently update your bios for that Intel ME shit?

no.

more info: previously got blue screen "page fault in nonpaged area".

ran chkdsk. is it failing to run chkdsk or something?

you should have taken note of the driver that caused the issue, because that is the component that has failed

next time do this

is this a new pc? or has this been stable for a long time and then this just started to happen.

anyway, run memtest.

stable for years, 3 year old build.

what good is memtest gonna do if I pretty much cant get past the mobo logo screen?

Can you make the POST display at bootup? If so, see if it shows any errors.

Make sure your RAM is properly seated in the slots, also check the golden connection teeth on the sticks for burn marks.

If you have onboard video, remove your dedicated video card completely and hook monitor up to the onboard video; if it gives the same problems then the issue isn't your video card.

Get your hands on a Live CD or USB, see if you can boot a live OS with no problems.

I'm just tossing ideas out in no particular order.

you could start by not being a brainlet

unplug all drives, remove ram and re-seat it one by one (in the case of more than one module). reset bios, remove addon cards such as GPU, etc.

if it boots during one of those steps, replace that component. if none of that resolves your issue, your mobo is likely dead.

either way google exists for a reason, use it.

good place to start thanks lads

>windows brainlets cant even troubleshoot their own PCs

my computer did this and the GPU was fried. or it was just the driver, I don't know.

try booting in safe mode. if it doesn't work, remove GPU and try again.

>booting in safe mode.
no option for this anywhere. the only thing I can access before this screen is bios.

Seconding this. The band of pixels in the top are probably artifacts.

enter bios, disable PCI slot your card is on, enable onboard graphics

oh you have to connect your monitor to your onboard graphics HDMI/DisplayPort

another thing I would try is unplugging your power cord for a half an hour

keep pressing F8 on boot.

F8 me irl

All that removing the GPU did was get rid of the wonky pixels, still didn't want to move past the mobo start up screen.

Safe Mode boot attempt just sits here and tells me to wait.

well there's your problem right there clear as day

delete system32