Newpipe or Skytube

I use Newpipe and I think it is okay. The dev really stepped up to taking care of the random crashes. I can't speak for the other YT player.

Can you subscribe to channels/track uploads?

That feature has been added to NP, yeah.

Do you need pop-up mode and video/audio downloads? - NewPipe
Do you need comments? - SkyTube

Both apps are good, but I prefer NewPipe. I'm rarely interested in comments, but when I want to see them I open the video webpage.
NewPipe has a much better way of listing videos, but SkyTube's sidebar is better way of accessing subscriptions as it immediately indicates if a new video you haven't watched is up.

both players support subscriptions.

>newkike
>kiketube

What?

install both if you want skytube's comments

Is comment support ever going to be included in Newpipe? And I want that YouTube feature where you can pull down the video to popup mode

I use both. Skytube for comments and copy url to clipboard function, newpipe for my fav must see subscritpions and download ability.

You just watch shit videos m8

If you're not a completely indoctrinated sjw fuckward reading comments usually is lots of fun and interesting.

Does Skypipe let you play downloaded audio in the background? If so I'll switch immediately.

Nuh-uh

How ass backwards do you have to be

dtube

Skytube crashes on my toaster phone. With Newpepe at least I can stream video using MXplayer.

>Do you need comments? - SkyTube
Does anyone actually need comments?
Better question- does anyone actually want comments?

Newpipe just got playlist and queue support 10 days ago.

Literally perfect.

iYTBP

They do have a point. YouTube comments are often filled with massive spoilers.

This.