/flag/

BEST FLAG EVER edition

Previous thread: ### FAQ ###

>what is /flag/?
Originally created for the sole purpose of collecting flags, /flag/ is now a general for the discussion of vexillology and other things.

>how do I collect flags?
Click on the flag (it should open in a new tab) and save it. There is a link to a world template below.
To save extra flags, just right-click on the flag as it is displayed.

>how many flags are there?
>which flags are identical to others?
>are there any unobtainable flags?
>what are the boxes on the world template between Iceland and Greenland?
>why do I see Andorran flags that say 'Unknown' when hovered over?
Information on Sup Forums's flags can be found at i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png (embed) (embed) (embed)

>what are extra flags and how do you get them?
Click the link in the links section below, and follow the relevant instructions. If you're having difficulties feel free to post in the thread for help.

>what is my flag?
You have to install the extension and set up your flags before people can see them.

>is the script malicious?
No, it is open-source and you can view the code on GitHub.

>how does the script work?
It stores users' selected flags with their post numbers in a database, and retrieves them when a page is loaded. IPs are not accessed.

>how do I request for a flag to be added?
Posting in the thread is usually enough for a manager to see it. You don't have to make the flag yourself.

### LINKS ###

About Sup Forums's flags:
i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png (embed) (embed) (embed)

World template:
i.imgur.com/DcBPwzx.png (embed) (embed) (embed)

FlagRatio:
whatisthisimnotgoodwithcomputers.com/

Flag Fixer:
github.com/flagzzzz/Sup Forums-Flag-Fixer
github.com/karakalpak/Sup Forums-Flag-Fixer (fork for added aesthetic compatibility with Extra Flags)

Extra Flags:
github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums

Regional templates:
oplk.imgur.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wkEgHNE1P-s
youtu.be/cLaVeZWes54
youtu.be/-k_9lfhuXAU
youtu.be/oCaDx9WQFLE
youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZkimjJvhQ
chicagotribune.com/suburbs/buffalo-grove/community/chi-ugc-article-a-heroin-epidemic-is-invading-our-suburbs-2015-07-21-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(embed) (embed) (embed)

You can't be more right.

Me.

embed my weiner

Nice

what is this guff

Let's keep the embed train going for the next few threads.

Also terrible flag, I've seen better designs for toilet paper.

Also where did the Kazak go? was he just memeing around with a proxy?

oe what the holy acid trip is that flag op, it looks like a fucking child on kinder did this ass >:(

Found this cool flag.

Does anyone know what city it represents, and when it was founded?

Argentina maybe mid 1700 ???

>california
>maybe argentina
da fucc

We're the most based city in any swing state, watch your mouths

Yeah, but Pennsylvania is a way better choice than you and so is Ohio.

Get Great lake'd

Not the most based city flag though. That's probably Richmond or Pittsburgh.

Isn't Ohio a post-industrial shithole filled with niggers? Or is that just Cleveland, Dayton and Cincinnati

NOBODY BEATS THE BEAR

Cali isn't a city or a swing state

>Or is that just Cleveland, Dayton and Cincinnati

It's just those parts, same goes for most of the great lake cities that relied too heavily on industry like Gary or Detroit.

well for you see, Cali as something no other city, nor swing state has
ze arnold

Pennsylvania hasn't went red for decades though I don't really consider them a swing state anymore. I guess conventional knowledge does though

>I don't really consider them a swing state anymore

Well they are this time >:)

Which of the four corners are swing states? That's the only part I'm not sure of

I hear everything is this time

>I hear everything is this time

wut?

Or maybe I'm just buying into the Sup Forums memes too much.

the rabbit hole only goes deeper

This is hella cool, Florida. youtu.be/wkEgHNE1P-s

There's the exact same thing here but two out of four are in the northeast. There's also a non-commercial one linking the airport terminals.

What is it called, monorail?

>non-commercial
Non-public, that probably wasn't the right word.

The ones in residentail areas are called the liht rail transit.
The one that goes to the tourist trap is the Sentosa Express.
The airport one is called the monorail.

Swell youtu.be/cLaVeZWes54

Jesus I hate mobileposting. Those typos should be readable though

That's the MRT, not the light rail. The MRT is the main subway system but the older parts are above ground.

This one? youtu.be/-k_9lfhuXAU

Yeah

Does it connect to the subway? Is it privately owned or State owned? Was it actually a better choice to build a light rail instead of going underground?

Wasn't active during that time and I don't save archives.

Pennsylvania may be a swing state this year, but the likelihood is that it'll go Democrat.

Well, it all depends on what happens. The current memes are Georgia and Arizona being swing states despite being Republican. Georgia hasn't gone blue since 1992, primarily because Perot spoiled Bush. Could happen again this year with Johnson spoiling Trump. The biggest meme is Arizona going for Clinton, which has only gone blue once in 1996 since 1952, and that's only because the Republicans decided to elect Bob Dole.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the electorate is extremely unpredictable this year. Trump consistently outperforms polls, both candidates are historically disliked, and Johnson/Stein are putting up respectable numbers because of it.

Colorado is traditionally a swing state, though it's looking like Clinton will win it this time around mainly due to "dude weed lmao".

New Mexico is a solidly Democratic state. It is worth mentioning Gary Johnson, the Libertarian third party candidate, was once governor there and has potential to garner a significant amount of the vote. Clinton is still likely to win, though.

Arizona is supposedly a swing state this year due to Trump having less support from white women and an increasingly Hispanic electorate, but I think it's just a meme.

Utah is solidly Republican (most solid in the nation IRRC). It is worth mentioning, however, that Mormons are uncomfortable with Trump but they hate Clinton way more. Some polls have shown third party candidates beating both Clinton and Trump, but Trump is likely to win.

TL:DR, probably none, maybe Colorado, and unlikely Arizona

It's connected at the central stops
I don't give a shit if it's a better choice since the residential ones serve the northeast and the north (places I haven't been to in years, and don't want to go to)
Underground stations for the main subways are far better, they're clean, well-maintained and have many food outlets. The old above-ground stations (which I barely go to nowadays) from the two older lines are crappy open-air facilities with just one purpose.
The tourist trap line obviously has to be a light rail since it's an island and between that and the mainland is another island full of factories

If I ever go to Singapore, I will take the light rail just to practice local tourist culture. :^)

Noice, thanks for the detailed response m8.

What about NH?

Just don't go to the north or northeast m8. The locals from elsewhere don't go there in the first place.
Stay near the city and the central-western belt, because everywhere else is bullshit
t. central-west

No problem m8.

New Hampshire is a tricky one. NH voters tend to be very independent and unpredictable. While NH has voted Democratic in 5 of the last 6 elections (breaking in 2004 for Dubya of all people), it's a complete toss up and could definitely go to Trump or Clinton.

I've usually thought of Vermont as the independent one desu, what with its (and Maine's) independent senator

Is there a plugin like Extra Flags but just for Sup Forums in which you can select your political flag?

No.

(There's very few major plugins for Sup Forums).

I tried using Flaggot but it kept getting on the way of the posts. I wish there was an option to tuck it away with the rest of the menus from 4chanX or something.

Also, Extra Flags compatibility so below the national flags you get the regional flags.

Extra flags work differently to national flags. Regional compatibility would require digging into PK's database.

Vermont actually used to be very reliably Republican until 1992. Main reason in turned blue was an influx of mass immigration from more liberal states and because Vermont's Republicanism was more of a moderate one. As the Republican party moved to the right in the 1990s during the "Republican Revolution", Vermont was swept over to the Democrats.

Maine turned Democrat the same way. Both Maine and Vermont were so solidly Republican that they were the only states that didn't vote for FDR. They only broke once for LBJ's landslide and in 68 for Humphrey since the VP slot guy was from Maine.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of independent sentiment in both states (both were Ross Perot's best showing in 92/96 - he came second in Maine in 92) but they're so overwhelmingly Democratic now that they vote solid Democrat.

Last thing. Despite both Bernie Sanders and Angus King being Independents in the Senate, they hold liberal viewpoints and caucus with the Democrats for legislative and committee purposes.

The dev is also an extra flags admin but he's not been active here lately. If you see him you can ask him to fix it.

How do I know who he is?

>They only broke once for LBJ's landslide and in 68 for Humphrey since the VP slot guy was from Maine
Correction, Maine only broke for Humphrey in 68 - Vermont didn't. Didn't write that correctly. Both states broke in 64 for LBJ.

>Despite both Bernie Sanders and Angus King being Independents in the Senate, they hold liberal viewpoints and caucus with the Democrats for legislative and committee purposes.
Yeah, what I thought. Bernie's clearly liberal.

Interesting how the north and south changed parties suddenly a few decades ago.

Virginia flag without a county.

Yeah, Democrats used to be the racist ones (openly, at least). They gradually shifted towards supporting the Civil Rights Act, and so the Republicans sort of shifted towards being openly racist against blacks - deemed the "Southern Strategy". It worked, and the South has been reliably Republican since Barry Goldwater. Strom Thurmond, the most pro-segregationist politician, changed from Democrat to Republican in 1968.

Democrats may be friendly to blacks on the surface, but it is worth noting that LBJ only signed the Civil Rights act for political expediency. He once said afterwards on a plane to two governors "I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

He also once said, very graciously:

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”

So yeah :^)

We have a monorail line but it's incomplete.
youtu.be/oCaDx9WQFLE

>5 flags

Cool, learnt a bit today.

>shit flag for a shit city in a shit state

this tbqhfamilia

bay area is GOAT tho

Can someone create an issue and add a flag for me?

City is Rockford, Illinois, in Winnebago County

Buena Park is the only redeemable place in non-Cascade Cali as the former residence of King Ja/ck/ Scalfani.

Quebec-kun, there is a Pernambuco-user in /luso/ you can ask about their secessionist movement. He has regional flags.

Admin here. I'll add it when I get home in two hours.

>based Chicago flag
>having to be under Illinois' shit state flag

I feel sorry for you lad

谢了,你为什么上班的时候再用Sup Forums?

>1pm
lunchtime

Also I speak English better than Chinese mate, it's my native language. People under the age of 40 that aren't poorfags typically use English here

Illinois has a based state flag pic related, my apartment. A lot of history and butthurt behind the Illinois flag

Fasho. Is that typical for the Chinks in Singapore? Most parents don't even teach their kids Chinese in America anymore.

This, I thought Chicago's flag was shit when I first saw it but now it's one of my favourites.
Opposite situation with Seattle, Mesa, and Buffalo

my old house

Everyone learns Chinese in school but everything else is taught in English. Same for the minorities with their ethnic languages (for lack of a better phrase)
Business, politics and science are all in English

Are you expat, Asian or just a weeaboo?

I was born and raised in Chicagoland, but my parents are from Taiwan.

Those are some long fingers. Do you own a gun?

Chicago is easily one of my favorites, would hang in house.

Mesa is the best of those three, though I don't think it's good. Seattle is too busy and Buffalo is too crowded with lightning.

Nice apartment. You from Taiwan or just like the flag? Care to explain the history behind Illinois' flag?

>You from Taiwan or just like the flag?
Guess you answered that right when I posted :^)

What else do you like? Phoenix, Wichita, St. Louis and Provo are great IMO. Kansas City would be pretty good if they removed the text.

LA tried but failed and Miami can't poo in the loo.

I didn't take that picture, but I do have long ass fingers. I'm a tall Chink (6'2", manlets reee)

I have a felony record (heroin distribution and possession) so I can't get a gun until I get my record expunged. I can do it at anytime, but since it costs 2000 dollars, I want to save up enough money to take care of everything at once

I was born and raised in Chicagoland, but my parents are from Taiwan.

After the Civil War, Illinois was butt hurt that our only claim to fame (Lincoln) was gunned down. Our original flag called for the motto to read: "state sovereignty, national union". Because the sovereignty of individual states was a touchy subject at the time, some SJW wanted to reverse the motto to "national union, state sovereignty" to show that Illinois considered herself part of the Union first, and a state second.

Our state legislators denied him, and in one final act of defiance, the SJW who was redesigning the flag had them flip the word "sovereignty" upside down, so it's harder to read.

Thus proving that the state of Illinois was cucked even hundreds of years ago

>Chicago has more draconian laws than Brazil when it comes to gun ownership

>have a felony record (heroin distribution and possession)
Somehow the thought of a chink drug dealer in Chicago's ghetto is hilarious.

Big democratic city, no surprise

They make sense though. If you're ever convicted of a felony, you lose the right to bear arms. Only until you prove that you can be reintegrated into society can you have the privilege back.

I've done my time, and everything else that the state has required me to do, except pay the 2000 dollars.

>Chicago ghetto

I was born and raised in a rich, affluent suburb in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. I'm only in Chicago now because I go to school here.

The western suburbs are full of rich Asians. Eventually, those rich asians have children, and those children become easily influenced.

You have a group of people with way too much money, way too much time on their hands, and way too many ways to get drugs.

There are no Chinks living in the ghettos of Chicago, or any other city in America. We're all rich as fuck here.

If you wanna read up on the subject, it's pretty interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZkimjJvhQ

chicagotribune.com/suburbs/buffalo-grove/community/chi-ugc-article-a-heroin-epidemic-is-invading-our-suburbs-2015-07-21-story.html

Phoenix is one of my favorites, I always loved it when I lived there.

I really like Denver's flag - that's where I was born so I have a huge soft spot for it.

Charlotte is sort of basic but I like its design and color.

Other cities I like are Portland, Washington D.C. if that counts, and Baltimore.

>I've done my time
How long was it? Here they just hang you.

The 2000 dollars part is what rustled my jimmies. The rest is to be expected.

Yeah Charlotte is definitely up there, could be far worse.

So that's why sovereignty is upside down. Thanks for teaching me something mate

It's Chiraq, what do you expect lad? :^)

this

Where do you go to school? UChicago? I've heard that school is like a fucking fortress so it isn't infested by the crime.

What's heroin like familia? Worst drug I've ever done is DXM which I now do regularly :^)

Never understood the DC birthday cake though, quite surprised when I found out NAVA voted it #1 and quite some people like it

It's not my favorite, but I think it's reasonably well designed. It's based on George Washington's coat of arms IIRC. I think you just ruined it for me by calling it a birthday cake though :^)

Just be thankful they didn't ruin it with this, this was actually a proposed change which almost passed.

Who thought that was a good idea? At least it isn't superfluous crap like this gem

I only got probation, but my mom didn't bail me out of jail for a month so I could learn my lesson

Jail was fun as hell. All I did was watch TV and talk shit with the rest of my pod.

Keep in mind that jail and prison are very different places. Jails are run by the county and everyone who gets arrested gets put in there. Prisons are where convicted rapists/murders go.

That's not too much, in the scheme of things. It cost me around $10,000 to get out of jail.

I go to Depaul, which has campuses downtown and in the Northside (the safest, nicest places in the entire city. Pic related)

You heard right about UChicago. The neighborhood is surrounded by 3 sides by parks, and on the other sides of those parks, are the worst nigger infested neighborhoods in all of Chicago.

People call Hyde Park a bunker, and for good reason. It's not even accessible by our public train lines.

Even though I haven't touched it in 5 years now, I can still say that heroin has irreversibly changed the way I think and feel. For instance, sex has become completely uninteresting and boring for me. Good food often just tastes like ash in my mouth. I can no longer enjoy video games like I used to.

All because only because I've let myself become aware of a detrimental state of mind: the best a human being can possibly feel is with IV heroin. It's not with a 10/10, a juicy steak, or vidya, it's with fucking heroin.

That fact alone has pretty much destroyed my entire outlook on life. It's a chore to wake up everyday and realize again that I have to spend the rest of my life sober. I have no choice.

D.C. City Council wanted to change it because they're pissed off that they're still taxed without having representatives, so they were going to do it as a protest until D.C. received statehood or representation in Congress. Glad it didn't pass since it wouldn't have accomplished anything except making their flag shit.

>Even though I haven't touched it in 5 years now, I can still say that heroin has irreversibly changed the way I think and feel. For instance, sex has become completely uninteresting and boring for me. Good food often just tastes like ash in my mouth. I can no longer enjoy video games like I used to.
>All because only because I've let myself become aware of a detrimental state of mind: the best a human being can possibly feel is with IV heroin. It's not with a 10/10, a juicy steak, or vidya, it's with fucking heroin.
Wew lad

At least you collect virtual pixelated flags in a chinese cartoon online forum now.

Not everyone here collects flags (I don't)