INTEL IS FINISHED

INTEL IS FINISHED

theverge.com/2018/1/6/16857878/meltdown-cpu-performance-issues-epic-games-fortnite

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xeon server&_pgn=5&_skc=200&rt=nc
businessinsider.com/google-amazon-performance-hit-meltdown-spectre-fixes-overblown-2018-1
reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/7o2ctw/benchmarked_intel_security_patch_impact_on/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are they crying? Looking at the graph it's only at 60%.

How the fuck is a server getting asd fucked so hard even at 60% performance drops?

>more than double the previous load is fine

Imagine usage spikes. Suddenly you're at 100% instead of 50% and everything's going to shit.

So a server cant handle 60% load? lmaooooo

>our power consumption only just doubled to tripled, it's fine not like we need to add more cooling and more electricity cost, oh look the cooling also costs electricity, what if we have a space optimized layout and we need to replace everything with denser racks because we can't scale out due to space
>oh god what of the spikes, what of the I/O during spikes JESUS FUCK

This isn't geekbench, this is software supported by thousands of machines.

this sounds like a planned attack from AMD to start shilling EPYC after everyone tosses Intel servers

There's some 240k servers dumped on ebay in the last 2 days, dude.

AMD doesn't have the capacity to fill that up anywhere in the next month or two.
Actually neither does Intel.
Not that anyone would ask for them to.

Maybe Epic can use all the money they're getting by charging full price and up for a shitty F2P game
Bunch of kikes

Oy Vey, there are anti Intel discrimination laws making their way through the halls of the US Congress right now. Watch your tongue.

>the company is literally named Epic

>google says everything is fine
>amazon says everything is fine
>apple says everything is fine
>some meme video game developer somehow has issues
Clickbait

amd does not have the marketing for this shit, they can barely market well ie "poor Volta"

>everything is fine

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xeon server&_pgn=5&_skc=200&rt=nc

Man I don't wanna see what happens when it's not fine.

businessinsider.com/google-amazon-performance-hit-meltdown-spectre-fixes-overblown-2018-1
Fuck off amd shill

>People whose interest it is to say everything is ok are saying everything is ok
>People who are the end customer are getting fucked over and complaining
Not hard to understand.

but they can probably find the 1 in a million leet super hacker that can find such an issue.
source? how anyone be able to just toss servers without find a replacement first?

>People whose interest it is to say everything is ok are saying everything is ok
Yeah, because Google and Amazon have in their best interests to have their services slowed down you dumb twat

>EPIC Games
>AMD EPYC
EBIN :DDDDD XD

intlel at its finest ladies and gentlemen

Wow great argument, you sure showed me

Will they fix these issues by Ice Lake? That was going to be my next CPU.

No

>large companies are full of shit
>epic, a transparent company that gives weekly updates on their server status actually tells us about how they're affected
k

You're not getting hardware fixed until 2020.

see Google themselves found the security flaw you idiot

I want future proof gaming performance, that means I gotta save for a very high end AMD.

>future proof

Idiot.

More like 2022.

It took like 4 years for AMD to design Ryzen.

I don't think Intel can just change some metal layers and fix the issue. They need to redesign some parts of the their architecture.

For all we know Ryzen2 could have same issue if AMD was blindsided by speedup hacks like Intel.

>lol your servers got fugged why are you crying fuggboi?
kys

>epic
>owned by tencent
>transparent
lol

And? Epic Games are a private company, retard. They don't have to appease stockholders with lies. This isn't the first time they've blogged about performance either.

>technology
>future proof

They way to mitigate that is buy high-end parts right when they get released.

That means no GTX 1080 Ti for $800 when Pascal launched over 1.5 years ago.

You should have bought a GTX 1080 the month it launched and stuck with it until Volta Gaming comes out.

Based on the age of Pascal, and the Vega dud, and inflated RAM and GPU prices (from miners), we've been in a no-upgrade season for the past 6 months.

>They don't have to appease stockholders with lies
Yeah, they just need a scapegoat for their shitty servers

CPUs have for almost 10 years been future proof for as long as you bought a good one.

Why are you talking about graphics cards? It's common knowledge that graphics cards are not future proof.

>gaming performance

That still is chiefly determined by GPUs.

Or are Intel employees incapable of reading?

(((business insider)))

Google and Amazon have the interest to not set off a 1929 style panic for the microprocessor world. Considering their influence and far reaching in the world, their ripples would just make all this go south really quick.

I'll go as far as that Intel took the initiative to advised them against so.

Not an argument

So their servers just magically started running like shit a few days ago? Huh, what a hilarious coincidence. I'll make sure to buy more Intel stock and servers with that knowledge. So funny how Intel servers just decided to run like shit for no reason a few days ago. Haha!

*tips tinfoil hat*
Those damn jews!

I just updated windows and my 8400 is stutter really bad in all games now :/

NOO, INTEL RUNS PERFECT, STOP LYING. THE JEWSSSSS!!

Pls hlp. I reinstalled my nvidia drivers but its still stuttering

>major web services weren't affected
>some meme company looking for free advertising says they were
Really scrambles the neurons

>but they can probably find the 1 in a million leet super hacker that can find such an issue
They didn't have too, Google did that.

Be a faggot all you want, that's how corporate should think.

Small little company, or subsidiary can go nut but when you're too big to fail you cant afford that. The government probably even made sure that they know their status too.

>major web services weren't affected
Of course they are. They're just not saying that they are. It's a disaster.

I guess ESEA was also just having servers issues by coincidence too.

My remote web server host is about to be rebooted for the new security fix. I'll be annoyed if this fucks my server performance.

heheh exactly. it's really all amd's fault our servers are trash.

amd is obviously colluding with the russians.

Big companies wouldn't have in their best interests to lie if this affected them, that's moronic. They would push for some sort of compensation for their loss. Stop grasping at straws.

Proof?

Nice confirmation bias.

AMD poo in loos in full force holy shit

I actually wanna see what happen when they just come out and admit that It's Habbening.

The spectacle would be once-a-lifetime thing, or it could be nothing. To the avg Sup Forums probably nothing, but Im curious as how the bigger clients, the major profiles deal with this. Like, do they just straight upblank check, overnight new AMD servers to start migrating A-fucking-SAP or something.

Nice proof you have there

All of this. There's a pretty huge difference between a server that's talking to thousands of clients and some synthetic benchmark. You don't start thinking about adding more servers when your load average is 100%, that's way too late.

And this is why meltdown has such a huge impact and it's also probably why AMD stock soared. Ironically it's going to drive more sales on the Intel side too. If you're serving something that today uses 10 load-balanced servers then you may find yourself needed to add two more.

AMD won't be needed to shill or market anything any time soon.

In the case of Amazon it's clearly NOT fine and you'd be well aware of this if you had anything hosted there. Look in their forums to get a clue.

I'm absolutely not shocked that they are claiming that it's all fine, though. Think lawsuits and so forth. They can't just tell their customers that they will now deliver 20% less performance for the same price.

This also has a pretty direct effect on the stock market, you're not going to make very damaging public statements willy nilly.

>They can't just tell their customers that they will now deliver 20% less performance for the same price.
You can't sue a company for something they aren't responsible for you idiot
If anything it would be Amazon suing Intel for damages

>>Big companies wouldn't have in their best interests to lie if this affected them, that's moronic. They would push for some sort of compensation for their loss. Stop grasping at straws.

Right, lets just admit to the world that as major world entities we just got bamboozled like retards. Cause you know the priority right now is get dat moniesss!

Clearly Google and Amazon priority right now are compensations - not the massive data liabilities that span only god knows to what reaches and extent.

>nvidia
Found your problem.
Seriously. Nvidia drivers depends a lot on syscalls.

>Right, lets just admit to the world that as major world entities we just got bamboozled like retards
The average person is not tech savy enough to even know what's going on
>Cause you know the priority right now is get dat moniesss!
That's the only priority companies have

>The average person is not tech savy enough to even know what's going on
But the average normie knows what panic is, and panic is faster than any Intel CPU with or without the mitigation.

Yeah, I'm already picturing the masses rioting on the streets because their google search is taking more 10 seconds than normal

No, but when a normie reads in the paper that Google's announced they've slowed down because of a security bug, they'll worry if their gmail is secure.

And then they'll change their password and keep using gmail

>Epyk servers for Epic games

They have huge datacenters, they have no problems adding another shitton of servers to deal with the extra load.

A GTX250 can run any game 30fps.

(Pre meltdown if it’s affected it probably can’t anymore).

That's what you get for putting all your eggs in Intel's basket.

There is no "extra load"

GPU performance isn't affected

>There is no "extra load"
Does Intel refer to it as "bonus load"?

AMD didn't really have competitive server chips until EPYC for ages.

And maybe that's what they are doing, except they will never admit that. It's cliche, but ignorant is bliss - it'll just be head nod and we all understand.

But here's the fun conundrum - Intel or AMD. You get Intel again cause cheap (lel) and availble, but then it's just getting deeper into a quagmire. On the other hand, AMD just became the hottest commodity that's dwindling fast.

Im not server wiz, running mix n match equipments ut surely for the sake of stability, which is paramount to server it must be advised against.

A GTX250
most games at 30FPS on meduim with modern games unless your turn off aa x2 is all it supports in real life.

a R9 380 4GB can run everything at 56FPS at 720p on ultra but with AA down to 4

Still thinking of buying an i7 8700k for gaming, as my computer keeps crashing (need a new mobo).

Is this a bad idea? Will there be a pricedrop soon?

so, on a scale from 10 to 10, how fucked is intel?

[Laughs in Mandarin]

The craziest part is that they are halfway through their new architecture development, which will probably have to be scrapped and started again

> Epic Games
> meme video game developer

>Next week, breaking news
>google announces deal with AMD for servers
>amazon announces deal with AMD for servers
>apple announces deal with AMD for servers
>game developers swap their render farms and gaming servers for AMD

timestamp me lads

you mean the stuff that is two years ahead?
don't know, guess that depends on how modular their branch prediction units are..
would be quite funny if it turned out that a lot of the performance advantage was due to an 'overagressive' branch predictor

PLZ DELET

wat?
an intel shill complaining of (hypothetical) bad practices?

DELID THIS RIGHT NOW GOYIM
THIS IS A HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION AND I'M FILING A REPORT ON YOU

Have normal home users reported any major issues from the slow down?

>implying that servers scale in that way

still booting here

Nope, games don't slow down much. Just enterprise shit.
reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/7o2ctw/benchmarked_intel_security_patch_impact_on/

>You can't sue a company for something they aren't responsible for you idiot
>If anything it would be Amazon suing Intel for damages
What is impleader
You are obviously not a lawfag, so don't play one on Sup Forums.

My games are stuttering like shit. Even quake 2 is stuttering. Wtf

What GPU?

Gtx 970. Was working fine until the update

DELET THIS.
This is anti-semite.

Eh I picked a bad year to finally become a PC fag. I was satisfied with my 7700k and fine when intel pushed the 8700k early. I lived with that but now this bullshit. I don't think I'll be building another PC for quite awhile just for this kind of crap and this whole AMD vs INTEL shit to level out again.