AMD PSP Affected By Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

>AMD's Secure Processor / Platform Security Processor (PSP) that is akin to Intel's Management Engine (ME) is reportedly vulnerable to remote code execution.

>A member of Google's Cloud Security Team discovered through static analysis that a function in PSP's firmware TPM code is vulnerable to a stack-based overflow due to missing bounds checks. Submitting a specially-crafted certificate to the fTPM trustlet code can lead to an overflow and then full control on the program counter.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-PSP-2018-Vulnerability

Other urls found in this thread:

seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2018/Jan/12
huffingtonpost.com/david-shasha/what-is-pilpul-and-why-on_b_507522.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do these even offer to the average consumer?
All I use my PC for is vidia and multimedia and I fail to see why I need ME or PSP.

Read the last paragraph, favela boy.

>Google reported this issue to the AMD Security Team in September and then in December began rolling out a software fix. Following the 90-day disclosure process, the information was made public here.

I-I-IT'S OK WHEN AMD D-D-DOES IT

It's been/ will be soon patched

Another FUD / Slide thread by an Intel Shill.

Meltdown performance impact is the real story.

IT'S OK WHEN AMD DOES IT

>google fucking over both amd and intel

Is google going to come out with its own cpu or something?

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

AMD drones in full overdrive, even when it's a Sunday

>AMD releases a software fix for a small yet to be exploited bug in a brand new line of processors
>INTEL deliberately hides a massive wide open door vulnerability in every single processor they've made since the C2D days so their CEO can sell $24 million worth of stock and laugh at the goyim

Wow, these things are exactly the same.

AMD acknowledges that it even exists.

AMD doesn't let vulnerability "bugs" go unpatched for years.

AMD doesn't give their PSP certificates to the NSA.

AMD FX don't have PSP anyways.

I thought my playstation portable was in danger at first, thank god

How's the Meltdown patch doing on your servers?

They already did, it's in the pixel 2.

>AMD doesn't give their PSP certificates to the NSA.

How do you know this? Your brand loyalty is showing.

You can just tell.

the absolute state of amdrones

5th thread

>Cohen's post described the vulnerability as remote code execution flaw. However, physical access is a prerequisite.

literally nothing

Says the Intlet in full damage control mode. Shilling aint gonna save Intel this time kid.

Wow that's it? Hardly worth mentioning in comparison to cucktel me allowing remote login with a blank password.

lol cry more shill faggot

this, unlike intlel which can be exploited remotely at any time.

Intel actually doesn't, as I understand it. vPro/AMT is only present in certain CPU+motherboard combinations - and none of the K-series CPU have it.

>op's face literary right now
this is the Nth thread and is not even true

>Cohen

Just a cohencidence I am sure!

2018 all processors have back doors.

PSP and TPM is pure shit and no one should use it.
AMD every fucken time.

1) Buy intel
2) Time to upgrade what is this intel is bending me over? Lets have a look into AMD
3) Objective and honest look into AMD
4) WOW AMD is exactly like intel only more shit better buy intel.
5) GOTO 1

Every fucken time.

Intel bug, AMD is right next to show how retarded they are for doing the exact same thing and creating a literal botnet CPU like intel did.

>All I use my PC for is vidia and multimedia and I fail to see why I need ME or PSP.
No one needs it, and there's no excuse for them being included. These "features" should be moved outside of the cpu, and available as an add on for those who want it.

On most motherboards there's no realistic way to exploit the fTPM bug and you can easily disable it to close the gap.

Meh

Well there is this small window where AMD CPUs made sense, which is when the 8000 series was not out yet.

Why are AMD fanboys the worst fanboys to ever exist?

>Following the 90-day disclosure process, the information was made public here.
> 90-day
> 90-day

AMD did sit on their hands and did nothing for 90-days!

AMD fanboys in full damage control.
>I-I-IT'S OK WHEN AMD D-D-DOES IT

>incucks getting desperate.

Nice try, Brian. Pretty sure they have been doing something rather than nothing to fix it
>09-28-17 - Vulnerability reported to AMD Security Team.
>12-07-17 - Fix is ready. Vendor works on a rollout to affected partners. seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2018/Jan/12

why are Intel shills the worst shills to ever exist?

>AMD gets security advisory
>ok cool here's a patch our bad :3

>Intel gets a security advisory
>do nothing for six months
>push out a shitty patch which results in getting a whooping from Linus
>"it's not a flaw it's on purpose everyone else is affected too amd amd amd amd amd"

>t. I can't take it any more or even keep up
intel defence force admitting defeat

you forgot
>Intel gets a security advisory
>continue release of ''''new'''' cpus as planned WITH the vulnerabity
>cancel them only when it gets public

huffingtonpost.com/david-shasha/what-is-pilpul-and-why-on_b_507522.html

>What this means for contemporary Jewish discourse is critical: Even though many contemporary Jews are not observant, pilpul continues to be deployed. Pilpul occurs any time the speaker is committed to “prove” his point regardless of the evidence in front of him. The casuistic aspect of this hair-splitting leads to a labyrinthine form of argument where the speaker blows enough rhetorical smoke to make his interlocutor submit. Reason is not an issue when pilpul takes over: what counts is the establishment of a fixed, immutable point that can never truly be disputed.

amd fix the bug 1.5 months before the publication
>AMD drones in full overdrive, even when it's a Sunday

this reverse projection is interesting

I grew up with lots of Jewish people. I generally like Jewish people but despise their remarkably evil religion. Their ability to lie in spirit while following a linguistic course of logical "truth" has always impressed and astounded me, although I have no respect for it and learned as a young person that ultimate "truths" to Jewish people must always come second to aggressively protecting Judaism.

That quote of Hitler's is the most accurate thing that can be said of Jews and the honest reason people don't like Jews.

I have spent much time with Jewish friends/girl friends and I have no idea if they are even aware of their own deep rooted dishonesty. They seem to be immune from recognizing any non positive aspect of themselves, their genetics or culture. To this day I wonder if any Jew is aware of the inherent selfishness and selfserving nature of their culture/people?

Do you think Lisa Su would agree to be my mom?

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

>wojak cancer
How do you dumb newfag apes live with yourselves?

>the "literary" retard is an AMDrone
who would have guessed

>DAMAGE CONTROL
>the thread

jewish tricks 101 right here
>start bread
>get btfo
>use your op in reverse
i hope you kill yourself when the stocks die

>How do you dumb newfag apes live with yourselves?

>incomprehensibly blithers about retarded shit when he gets called out to try and confuse his way out of it
yep, it's definitely you and I'm still not surprised at all
I hope you get back on your meds some day

replace me with you and your last 2 posts make sense
confirmend jewish shill btw, your twisting and reversing tactics are all the same
and i still hope you all get rekt just because of your atrocious posting

>all this projection
shit in the street rajeet

>>all this projection
no. u.